it's never too early to plan for the perseids

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
Lots of astronomical events are unpredictable — the appearance of a bright comet, for instance. But several times each year you can plan ahead for one of nature's best sky shows: a meteor shower.

August 12–13: The Perseids

The Perseid shower is a popular display because it offers up to 60 an hour under a summer sky. Showtime usually begins as soon as the radiant (near the Double Cluster in Perseus) clears the horizon, an hour or so before midnight. But not long afterward you'll have competition from a last-quarter Moon. The Perseids' parent comet is 109P/Swift-Tuttle

Perseid_Vic_341px.jpg

SkyandTelescope.com - Observing Highlights - Meteor Showers in 2009

Those aren't asteroids, they're experimental transforming modules the Martians are testing on Earth per their agreement with the Illuminati, the Freemasons, the Annunaki, and the Council on Foreign Relations.

Terral told me all about it...

• Banned
Those aren't asteroids, they're experimental transforming modules the Martians are testing on Earth per their agreement with the Illuminati, the Freemasons, the Annunaki, and the Council on Foreign Relations.

Terral told me all about it...

it's cool.
we're all in god's hands.

Actually, I asked him about that last night. Apparently, he's been balancing us on his knee for years now- has his hands full fucking with the guys at Fermilab and preparing some nasty surprises for the LHC...

that jackass....

Lots of astronomical events are unpredictable — the appearance of a bright comet, for instance. But several times each year you can plan ahead for one of nature's best sky shows: a meteor shower.

August 12–13: The Perseids

The Perseid shower is a popular display because it offers up to 60 an hour under a summer sky. Showtime usually begins as soon as the radiant (near the Double Cluster in Perseus) clears the horizon, an hour or so before midnight. But not long afterward you'll have competition from a last-quarter Moon. The Perseids' parent comet is 109P/Swift-Tuttle

Perseid_Vic_341px.jpg

SkyandTelescope.com - Observing Highlights - Meteor Showers in 2009

Thanks for the reminder.

Assuming it's warm enough I'll probably sleep under the stars for at least one of those nights.

Ever since that guy got hit by a satellite on Northern Exposure, I try not to go out at night. You can never be too safe from things like this...

tonight's the night and in keeping with long standing tradition, it's completely overcast here. :tongue:

that's shitty. at least it is an annual thing, and they spread about several days.

not like when i could not go to southern germany to watch the full solar eclipse in 1999. and if i had gone it would have been overcast, too.

tonight's the night and in keeping with long standing tradition, it's completely overcast here. :tongue:

Here too. But it helps to keep telling myself I like the geminids better anyway. ;)

Tomorrow is off-peak, but better than nothing!

its raining here too...but we are gonna see if we can catch some of it....moon is pretty full too...i would like to go up on the parkway....where the light pollution isnt so bad

Forum List

Back