It's MY Mind... I'll Listen if I Want!!

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Have you ever met one of those guys who can make a living talking a person or two per day out of $500 to $1,500 for absolutely nothing?

I've met a few... the last one who burned me is close enough in the rear-view of my life to be embarrassing enough not to tell you how long ago it was. Got me for a grand on a car. Ouch. He did it legal enough that despite police involvement, he's still in business. Ouch.

:eusa_think: Should it be illegal to burn humans financially, no matter how 'legal' the contract and the shell company are, or shall we just keep it only immoral?

:eusa_think: Would 12 people be willing to take a day off and meet to help decide the facts?

Is the ability to turn nothing into wealth a reflection of the American dream or a manifestation of an American nightmare?

:eusa_think: Snake Oil Sales? Predatory Telemarketing? Lotto? Lawsuit? Carnival Con?

How about production? The assholes who've burned me and others on purpose certainly work for their living... some harder than they would making an honest living and still they make nothing. :eusa_think: But... if we draw the line at actually producing something, what are we going to do with all our banking and insurance executives?

people provide a service you wanted at a price you were willing to pay. that there was no physical manifestation of that service does not change the fact you got something out of it.

arbitrage is an important part of economic activity that very few people can do well, but those who are good at it make pots of money. That they usually never see the goods they trade, don't make anything themselves, and manage to extract tons of money from both sides, does not mean that the service is not valuable. Just not to you.

And if you feel scammed, it does not mean that at the time you didn't get a perceived benefit, or you wouldn't have put up the money

Have you ever met one of those guys who can make a living talking a person or two per day out of $500 to $1,500 for absolutely nothing?

I've met a few... the last one who burned me is close enough in the rear-view of my life to be embarrassing enough not to tell you how long ago it was. Got me for a grand on a car. Ouch. He did it legal enough that despite police involvement, he's still in business. Ouch.

:eusa_think: Should it be illegal to burn humans financially, no matter how 'legal' the contract and the shell company are, or shall we just keep it only immoral?

:eusa_think: Would 12 people be willing to take a day off and meet to help decide the facts?

Is the ability to turn nothing into wealth a reflection of the American dream or a manifestation of an American nightmare?

:eusa_think: Snake Oil Sales? Predatory Telemarketing? Lotto? Lawsuit? Carnival Con?

How about production? The assholes who've burned me and others on purpose certainly work for their living... some harder than they would making an honest living and still they make nothing. :eusa_think: But... if we draw the line at actually producing something, what are we going to do with all our banking and insurance executives?

Sorry but P.T. Barnum suddenly comes to mind.......

people provide a service you wanted at a price you were willing to pay. that there was no physical manifestation of that service does not change the fact you got something out of it.

arbitrage is an important part of economic activity that very few people can do well, but those who are good at it make pots of money. That they usually never see the goods they trade, don't make anything themselves, and manage to extract tons of money from both sides, does not mean that the service is not valuable. Just not to you.

And if you feel scammed, it does not mean that at the time you didn't get a perceived benefit, or you wouldn't have put up the money

The personal example of mine had no benefit, perceived or otherwise - I was sold a piece of paper for $1000. There was a car involved, but I refused to take delivery by tow-truck and the deposit was non-refundable. I'm not saying the guy wasn't a talented salesman...

I've never been legally 'burned' by an idiot with no talent.

Sorry but P.T. Barnum suddenly comes to mind.......

P.T. Barnum the Carny or P.T. Barnum the Banking Executive?

No talent other than burning you? :eusa_whistle:

Just kidding.... I think its terrible that people prey on others gullability.

A handshake should be all it takes, but then again, I dont live in fantasy land. (sad but true)

No talent other than burning you? :eusa_whistle:

Just kidding.... I think its terrible that people prey on others gullability.

A handshake should be all it takes, but then again, I dont live in fantasy land. (sad but true)

The Mean Old USMB Software said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Infidel again.

Bummer!

:popcorn:

Forum List

Back