It's Miers For SCOTUS

ScreamingEagle said:
Ann Coulter would have been just as good imo...and pleased the right edge!

agreed but imho ann coulter is irrational, unreasonable and biased.....but yes she would please the right edge of the right side

theim said:
Weak. Dirty Harry's up there singing her praises. MoveOn and the crazies aren't ODing on their meds. There is a major problem here.
Weak indeed!--if the conservatives aren't beside themselves with excitement this is a piss poor choice. Why should the right be left to simply trusting the president on this choice? Exactly who is he trying to please with this selection anyway?

(BTW--what's with this pattern he has going of picking people for positions that were part of the vetting process in the first place--like Cheney for VP?)

ScreamingEagle said:
Think this will be the final straw? Think it will affect elections 2006?
Maybe the final for some. I think final happened for others with the drug program for old folks, others with "we will rebuild NO no matter the cost", others with no action on the border issues...No tax or SSI reform..etc etc...

Bottom line is, I think the GOP may be in BIG trouble in 06, unless they get their chit together fast. I'm not optimistic about that.

I hate to have to admit this.... but I am very disappointed in Bush and the current Republicans in our government....

I wonder why I voted for these clowns.

1. Today, Bush caves and nominates a person that has no track record. I was counting on a good conservative this time around.

2. The Senate Republicans caved on changing the rules on filibusters.

3. The Bush Administration is a no-show on illegal aliens

4. Bush hasn't met a spending bill he doesn't like and apparently doesn't know how to veto a bill.

5. Bush approved campaign finance reform and in the process helped the Left damage the First Amendment.

At least the Left doesn't seem to compromise.... I wish Bush and the Republicans on the Hill would learn a lesson from them.

We need more people like Ronald Reagan to help lead the Republican Party out of this epidemic of mediocrity.

P.S. Oh yeah, I forgot about SSI reform and Medicare, too....

Not a judge ---- Not a requirement, but still..... its an unwritten thing.
Very Close to Bush ------- Not a guaranteed Crony, but if it quacks like a duck.

That's two strikes, am striving for an open mind. Hope someone finds something good about her.

pegwinn said:
Not a judge ---- Not a requirement, but still..... its an unwritten thing.
Very Close to Bush ------- Not a guaranteed Crony, but if it quacks like a duck.

That's two strikes, am striving for an open mind. Hope someone finds something good about her.

I'm sure you can find something good about her. The real question is whether or not she's the best possible person for the job. This is not an intern. It's one of the most important and powerful non-elected positions in the land. What's the possibility that the best person for the job is not only a woman, but one that is a friend of Bush? It's very poor judgement for him to even give the suggestion that the choice was made for any reason other than pure excellence.

Nuc said:
I'm sure you can find something good about her. The real question is whether or not she's the best possible person for the job. This is not an intern. It's one of the most important and powerful non-elected positions in the land. What's the possibility that the best person for the job is not only a woman, but one that is a friend of Bush? It's very poor judgement for him to even give the suggestion that the choice was made for any reason other than pure excellence.

i agree. Bush is loyal but sometimes to a fault. This is one of those times i believe.

insein said:
i agree. Bush is loyal but sometimes to a fault. This is one of those times i believe.

Bush's loyalty is perhaps one of his most endearing qualities. But there's a big difference between loyalty to ones friends and cronyism. There's also a difference between stacking your own staff or administration with friends and putting one on the Supreme Court. It's the US Supreme Court, not the Bush Supreme Court. It's not a staff member or cabinet member which will be changed when the next guy comes into the oval office.

Forum List

Back