It's like crack

Estate tax is bullshit.

Why can't I choose who gets the wealth that I have accumulated when I die?

My kids, my wife, a favorite charity....why should the FEDERLAL GOVERNMENT get MY MONEY instead of whom I choose?

Estate tax is bullshit.

My kids, my wife, a favorite charity....why should the FEDERLAL GOVERNMENT get MY MONEY instead of whom I choose?

you dont even qualify you idget.

If an asset is left to a spouse or a federally recognized charity, the tax usually does not apply. In addition, a maximum amount, varying year by year, can be given by an individual, before and/or upon their death, without incurring federal gift or estate taxes:[2] $5,340,000 for estates of persons dying in 2014[3] and 2015,[4]$5,450,000 (effectively $10.90 million per married couple) for estates of persons dying in 2016.[5] Because of these exemptions, it is estimated that only the largest 0.2% of estates in the U.S. will pay the tax.[6]

Warren Buffet said he supports the death tax...but then also said his children would make better decisions on what to do with his money after he dies than the federal government.

Well, too bad, Warren....ALL OF YOUR MONEY SHOULD GO TO THE FED WHEN YOU DIE....EVERY PENNY. FUCK YOUR LIFE'S WORK. IT'S THE GOVERNMENT'S MONEY!

Estate tax is bullshit.

This could be said about any tax. Why shouldn´t the rich pay their share?

Estate tax is bullshit.

You can if you set up a trust and some other legal arrangements ahead of time, but that said, you shouldn't have to jump through those hoops to begin with.

Estate tax never made a lot of sense to me. The tax on estates has already been paid at some point (when it was earned)...so an estate tax is a double taxation, imo.

Warren Buffet said he supports the death tax...but then also said his children would make better decisions on what to do with his money after he dies than the federal government.

Well, too bad, Warren....ALL OF YOUR MONEY SHOULD GO TO THE FED WHEN YOU DIE....EVERY PENNY. FUCK YOUR LIFE'S WORK. IT'S THE GOVERNMENT'S MONEY!

It won't, actually. He's already made arrangements to have most of it go to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

98% of every RW moron breathing cant even begin to reach the $$$ $5.4 million ... so they BITCH LIKE LITTLE GIRLS.

pathetic little creatures - they simply love to bitch.

Cut the exemption in half and double the tax.

We don't need no stinking dynasties.

Free the Base.

Free the Base.
Frankly I don't care much about the estate tax so long as the income tax is progressive and the 1% actually pays.

but the irony is the gop is on the cusp of possibly doing something that actually might help grow the economy, but politically they will have more difficulty passing anything that benefits the 1%, so essentially they may kill their own tax proposal by cobbling in this pig. LOL

Free the Base.
Frankly I don't care much about the estate tax so long as the income tax is progressive and the 1% actually pays.

but the irony is the gop is on the cusp of possibly doing something that actually might help grow the economy, but politically they will have more difficulty passing anything that benefits the 1%, so essentially they may kill their own tax proposal by cobbling in this pig. LOL

I was just being flippant. Honestly I think it should be treated as income by the beneficiary. But only when realized. For example if dad owned a bunch of stock and has held it for decades. The value has increased 100 times, but unless it is sold it is not income. Same thing with property value. Or business assets.

Forum List

Back