#TheLargerIssue #Fatherlessness #ChildNeglectMaltreatment #MentalHealth #Solutions

In the summer of 2007, a group of Greene County residents traveled to Atlanta to protest what they saw as a plot to re-segregate their schools. Despite the pushback, state education officials approved the charter. In the school’s first year, just 11 students enrolled — all were white.

Hello, NewsVine_Mariyam. If in fact there is a plan to segregate students by complexion or ethnic background, doesn't this plan work well for segregation minded, Pan-American minded, Pro Black minded followers of HATE spewing Dr. Umar Johnson, the Prince of Pan-Africanism?

Umar Johnson.jpg

Peace.
___
American *(Children's)* Lives Matter; Take Pride In Parenting; End Our National Health Crisis; Child Abuse and Neglect; End Community Violence/Fear, Police Anxiety & Educator's Frustrations

I also watched the Jeffersons with their token white guy neighbour. Redd Foxx's show was fucking funny as the junk dealer. And who can forget Fat Albert. And I used to be a big fan of Oprah and her lesbian lover, Gayle King. I watched Lester Holt exclusive for my after dinner news. And I'm a Lakers fan for life, Kareem, Magic, Kobe... And we elected a mulatto president. I didn't vote for him, but still, he was cool. Didn't accomplish much, but was cool. Not a fan of Michelle though. But then again, a lot of blacks probably weren't either.
The only thing missing from your typical "I ain't a racist because....." screed is about how much you like chitlins and collards.
He's going on about how everything on his TV is white. I'm just pointing out a lot of shows that were black that I myself watched. And no black food please. :biggrin:

This is not about my TV. It is about A fact of life you are too much of a coward to admit here. OBTW blacks love Michelle more than they do her husband.

Why do whites hate, demonize, fear and look down on blacks?
Monday January 2nd 2012 by abagond

Why do many White Americans hate, demonize, fear and look down on blacks? I am no scientist or scholar, but here is I how I currently think about it. This post is very much a work in progress.

There are plenty of things that keep white racist thinking in place:

• Racist messages in jokes, history books, the news and on television, etc,
  • Material self-interest,
  • Fear of becoming an outcast among whites
and so on. But this is not the heart of the matter.

Not even material self-interest. After all, plenty of poor whites are racist. About all they have to show for it is this: “At least I’m not black.” And that gives it away: it is about white self-image.

My current understanding of the white self-image:

1. Narcissism – having no true sense of self-worth they put up a false front to persuade the world, and most of all themselves, that they do have worth. They mainly do this through money, but also by putting down others to make themselves look better. Deep down they know the whole thing is a lie, which makes them all the more desperate to uphold the front.
  2. Dichotomous thinking – either/or thinking. Their films often have characters who are either all good or all evil. When you ask them about it they say that of course they know the world is not that simple, that it is just a storytelling device. Yet much of their thinking is very either/or, black-or-white. The One Drop Rule is a good example. So is their idea that they are Basically Good, getting upset when you point out anything that does not fit that overblown self-image. Like that maybe they are racist. Worst of all, it means they cannot accept people who are too different: if you are not the same as us then there must be something wrong with you. Either/or.
  3. Moral blindness – this is huge. Every single black person in the eyes of white people is the sign of a terrible crime from their ugly past, a reminder that their life is a fraud, that they are pretty much nothing more than armed robbers. But #1 and #2 make it hard for them to simply own up to their past and make it right. Instead they deny, shift blame, lie, twist facts and make black people into these creatures that they look down on, laugh at and yet, oddly, fear. It is a failed attempt to be at peace with themselves. This is why whites need to give reparations more than blacks need to receive it.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with black people other than the bad patch of history they are going through, its side effects and the ordinary human failings. It is white people who have a deep crack in their souls.

I know that sounds extreme – partly because we have “white is right” pounded into our heads night and day – but their history shows that there is something seriously wrong with them.

I also watched the Jeffersons with their token white guy neighbour. Redd Foxx's show was fucking funny as the junk dealer. And who can forget Fat Albert. And I used to be a big fan of Oprah and her lesbian lover, Gayle King. I watched Lester Holt exclusive for my after dinner news. And I'm a Lakers fan for life, Kareem, Magic, Kobe... And we elected a mulatto president. I didn't vote for him, but still, he was cool. Didn't accomplish much, but was cool. Not a fan of Michelle though. But then again, a lot of blacks probably weren't either.
The only thing missing from your typical "I ain't a racist because....." screed is about how much you like chitlins and collards.
He's going on about how everything on his TV is white. I'm just pointing out a lot of shows that were black that I myself watched. And no black food please. :biggrin:

This is not about my TV. It is about A fact of life you are too much of a coward to admit here. OBTW blacks love Michelle more than they do her husband.

Monday January 2nd 2012 by abagond

Why do many White Americans hate, demonize, fear and look down on blacks? I am no scientist or scholar, but here is I how I currently think about it. This post is very much a work in progress.

There are plenty of things that keep white racist thinking in place:

• Racist messages in jokes, history books, the news and on television, etc,
  • Material self-interest,
  • Fear of becoming an outcast among whites
and so on. But this is not the heart of the matter.

Not even material self-interest. After all, plenty of poor whites are racist. About all they have to show for it is this: “At least I’m not black.” And that gives it away: it is about white self-image.

My current understanding of the white self-image:

1. Narcissism – having no true sense of self-worth they put up a false front to persuade the world, and most of all themselves, that they do have worth. They mainly do this through money, but also by putting down others to make themselves look better. Deep down they know the whole thing is a lie, which makes them all the more desperate to uphold the front.
  2. Dichotomous thinking – either/or thinking. Their films often have characters who are either all good or all evil. When you ask them about it they say that of course they know the world is not that simple, that it is just a storytelling device. Yet much of their thinking is very either/or, black-or-white. The One Drop Rule is a good example. So is their idea that they are Basically Good, getting upset when you point out anything that does not fit that overblown self-image. Like that maybe they are racist. Worst of all, it means they cannot accept people who are too different: if you are not the same as us then there must be something wrong with you. Either/or.
  3. Moral blindness – this is huge. Every single black person in the eyes of white people is the sign of a terrible crime from their ugly past, a reminder that their life is a fraud, that they are pretty much nothing more than armed robbers. But #1 and #2 make it hard for them to simply own up to their past and make it right. Instead they deny, shift blame, lie, twist facts and make black people into these creatures that they look down on, laugh at and yet, oddly, fear. It is a failed attempt to be at peace with themselves. This is why whites need to give reparations more than blacks need to receive it.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with black people other than the bad patch of history they are going through, its side effects and the ordinary human failings. It is white people who have a deep crack in their souls.

I know that sounds extreme – partly because we have “white is right” pounded into our heads night and day – but their history shows that there is something seriously wrong with them.

"Why do whites hate, demonize, fear and look down on blacks?"

It's a false premise. Sure there are KKK-types (on both sides, like you), but mainstream whites don't feel this way.

There are no KKK types on both sides You are a white supremacist. You do all three of the things mentioned.
Black people choose white people often to rob because they're white.

Btw, who's the gorilla in your avatar?

So now white people cant have an all-white school? Muslims can have a Muslim school, blacks can have black schools... but not whites?

More stupid questions. There are all white schools everywhere. And I don't think blacks created special school districts for blacks only. But white supremacists will look for any reason to cry.
That dumbass doesn't even have the intelligence to understand why there are HCBUs in the first fucking place....

Not only that, he is likely not aware that non backs are being encouraged by some HBCU'S to attend. In addtion to that, there are currently HBCU'S that have racially diverse attendees.

Black Colleges Seek White, Latino, Asian Students Amid Tight State Budgets | Thurgood Marshall College Fund

White Entertainment Television
Friday December 13th 2013 by abagond

White Entertainment Television (WET) is the television station that is always watched but never seen. It is the white counterpart to Black Entertainment Television (BET), an American television channel aimed at blacks.

“The Flintstones”, 1960-1966. Set in 1,000,000 BC, which was 0% White.

“Bewitched”, 1964-1972

“Star Trek”, 1966-1969. Set in the 2260s, which will be maybe 14% white.

White Americans say stuff like:

How come there’s a BET but not a White Entertainment Television? How is that fair?

You have BET. If we had WET, we’d be racists.

This is called being blind to white privilege. Or maybe just being blind.

“The Brady Bunch”, 1969-1974

“Little House on the Prairie”, 1974-1983

It is called being so used to how society favours whites that you do not even notice it and think of it as “normal” and “fair”.

“Wheel of Fortune”, 1975-present

“Cheers”, 1982-1993

So fair that any change from it, like BET, Black History Month or affirmative action, is seen as unfair and reverse racist.

“The Simpsons”, 1989-present. Set in Springfield, modelled on Portland, Oregon, which is 72% White.

Peggy McIntosh, in her famous essay on white privilege, listed the WET thing as #6:

6. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.

“Seinfeld”, 1989-1998

On American television:

• Blacks have BET, TV One and few others.
  • Whites have ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Fox, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Lifetime, HBO, Showtime, TNT, TBS, National Geographic, The History Channel, TV Land, Hallmark, Disney, Food Network, SOAPnet, Playboy, Nickelodeon, Sprout, MTV, VH1, Syfy, GAC, Spike, FX, USA, CMT, Bravo, NFL, TMC, E!, Cartoon Network, Cinemax and on and on and on.

“Friends”, 1994-2004

“Sex and the City”, 1998-2004

“How I Met Your Mother”, 2005-present. Set in New York City, which is 33% White.

“The Big Bang Theory”, 2007-present. Set in Pasadena, California, which is 39% White.

“Breaking Bad”, 2008-2013. Set in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which is 42% White.

“The Middle”, 2009-present. Set in Indiana, which is 81% White.

American television is whiter than America. If it were a matter of “simple demographics”, as many claim, then out of a hundred stations (most people get way more), 12 would be black, more or less, 16 Latino, 5 Asian and 1 Native. It is nowhere near that.

BET is, in effect, a crappy UHF station for blacks, for those old enough to remember UHF (channels above 13 in the days before cable, which mainly showed reruns and old movies). Crappy because it does not currently even have news shows or children shows, much less cooking shows, game shows, travel shows and so on. There is no black CNN (news), black PBS (education and culture) or black HBO (serious drama).

BET is even white-owned!

White American television is white in three ways:

1. It is by and for white people. Blacks are, at best, an afterthought. That is why black characters tend to be few, have short life expectancies and lack love lives. They are not the “target demographic”.
  2. It stereotypes blacks and other people of colour. Worse than lack of representation is misrepresentation. American television pictures blacks as
    • self-destructive,
    • dirty,
    • lazy,
    • unintelligent,
    • criminal,
    • violent and
    • ugly.
    We know that by asking people in the Taiwanese countryside, where knowledge of Black Americans comes mainly from American television shows. Even BET has been guilty of stereotyping blacks.

3. It is so white that issues of race rarely come up. As if White Americans live in Sweden or the European Middle Ages or something.
The first one is pretty much innocent, but the other two push racism: internalized racism in blacks and externalized racism in everyone else, even people in Taiwan.

– Abagond, 2013.

Maybe if black entertainers actually produced something entertaining, smart and or funny their productions would get air time.

Friday December 13th 2013 by abagond

White Entertainment Television (WET) is the television station that is always watched but never seen. It is the white counterpart to Black Entertainment Television (BET), an American television channel aimed at blacks.

“The Flintstones”, 1960-1966. Set in 1,000,000 BC, which was 0% White.

“Bewitched”, 1964-1972

“Star Trek”, 1966-1969. Set in the 2260s, which will be maybe 14% white.

White Americans say stuff like:

How come there’s a BET but not a White Entertainment Television? How is that fair?

You have BET. If we had WET, we’d be racists.

This is called being blind to white privilege. Or maybe just being blind.

“The Brady Bunch”, 1969-1974

“Little House on the Prairie”, 1974-1983

It is called being so used to how society favours whites that you do not even notice it and think of it as “normal” and “fair”.

“Wheel of Fortune”, 1975-present

“Cheers”, 1982-1993

So fair that any change from it, like BET, Black History Month or affirmative action, is seen as unfair and reverse racist.

“The Simpsons”, 1989-present. Set in Springfield, modelled on Portland, Oregon, which is 72% White.

Peggy McIntosh, in her famous essay on white privilege, listed the WET thing as #6:

6. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.

“Seinfeld”, 1989-1998

On American television:

• Blacks have BET, TV One and few others.
  • Whites have ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Fox, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Lifetime, HBO, Showtime, TNT, TBS, National Geographic, The History Channel, TV Land, Hallmark, Disney, Food Network, SOAPnet, Playboy, Nickelodeon, Sprout, MTV, VH1, Syfy, GAC, Spike, FX, USA, CMT, Bravo, NFL, TMC, E!, Cartoon Network, Cinemax and on and on and on.

“Friends”, 1994-2004

“Sex and the City”, 1998-2004

“How I Met Your Mother”, 2005-present. Set in New York City, which is 33% White.

“The Big Bang Theory”, 2007-present. Set in Pasadena, California, which is 39% White.

“Breaking Bad”, 2008-2013. Set in Albuquerque, New Mexico, which is 42% White.

“The Middle”, 2009-present. Set in Indiana, which is 81% White.

American television is whiter than America. If it were a matter of “simple demographics”, as many claim, then out of a hundred stations (most people get way more), 12 would be black, more or less, 16 Latino, 5 Asian and 1 Native. It is nowhere near that.

BET is, in effect, a crappy UHF station for blacks, for those old enough to remember UHF (channels above 13 in the days before cable, which mainly showed reruns and old movies). Crappy because it does not currently even have news shows or children shows, much less cooking shows, game shows, travel shows and so on. There is no black CNN (news), black PBS (education and culture) or black HBO (serious drama).

BET is even white-owned!

White American television is white in three ways:

1. It is by and for white people. Blacks are, at best, an afterthought. That is why black characters tend to be few, have short life expectancies and lack love lives. They are not the “target demographic”.
  2. It stereotypes blacks and other people of colour. Worse than lack of representation is misrepresentation. American television pictures blacks as
    • self-destructive,
    • dirty,
    • lazy,
    • unintelligent,
    • criminal,
    • violent and
    • ugly.
    We know that by asking people in the Taiwanese countryside, where knowledge of Black Americans comes mainly from American television shows. Even BET has been guilty of stereotyping blacks.

3. It is so white that issues of race rarely come up. As if White Americans live in Sweden or the European Middle Ages or something.
The first one is pretty much innocent, but the other two push racism: internalized racism in blacks and externalized racism in everyone else, even people in Taiwan.

– Abagond, 2013.

Maybe if black entertainers actually produced something entertaining, smart and or funny their productions would get air time.

Yeah, sure, right.

Forum List

Back