It’s Interesting How Obama Says Things That Are So Quickly Proven False

TheSeeker

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Good question.

Dana Perino pointed out the administration’s total disregard for the truth today on FOX News Sunday,

“It is interesting to me how the administration allows President Obama to say things that are so quickly proven false… The facts are standing in the way of their rhetoric.”

Or, in other words, Obama is a proven liar and doesn’t seem to care.

President Obama told the American public on Friday:

So any notion that my administration has shut down oil production might make for a good political sound bite, but it doesn’t match up with reality. We are encouraging offshore exploration and production.

It was a horrible lie.
The American Petroleum Institute responded to the president:

The Obama administration continues to delay or defer action on developing our domestic resources of oil and natural gas at every turn.

“The trend is alarming. The administration has postponed lease sales in offshore areas. It has cancelled lease sales in onshore federal lands. It has extended permitting timelines for current leases and added unnecessary regulatory burdens. It has chosen inaction on essential energy projects that would create jobs, drive economic growth, and boost federal revenues.

“The administration is well on its way toward creating higher gasoline prices for Americans.

“To get more oil and gas, we need more access. Placing more government lands and waters off-limits and forcing companies to focus on areas that may show little promise even if already under lease will not solve our energy challenges.

Dana Perino is right.

It is frightening that the Obama Administration is so willing to openly lie to the American public.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you just figuring this out now?

Obama has had a very willing set of conspirators in the MSM. They cover up his prevarications and promote the barackobama.com spin.

I guess you are right...they even allow him to REPEAT his lies without ever calling him out on it.

I even see this on FOX many times...

Although Liberals say FOX lies, I see the talking heads on FOX News, take things Obama says as fact.

For instance Megan Kelley not questioning the above statement about oil.

The problem with this president is that he stays in campaign mode, and like many a campaigner whose rhetoric gets the better of his reason, he talks faster than he thinks. He's not the first, and likely not the last, to do that: I just wish the man would admit it.

Wait a second....since when does a difference of opinion constitute "being proven false"? All she's saying is that IN HER OPINION production is in spite of the President's policies and not because of them. That's all she's got, an opinion, and she's claiming that to be "proving" the president false?

The problem with this president is that he stays in campaign mode, and like many a campaigner whose rhetoric gets the better of his reason, he talks faster than he thinks. He's not the first, and likely not the last, to do that: I just wish the man would admit it.

He even conducts his foreign affairs like he's in campaign mode!

For example he makes threatening statements saying Khadaffi must go and that we're watching what he's doing and we will hold him responsible, yet he does absolutely NOTHING and everyone knows his words have no teeth.

I'll bet Khadaffi really cares what he says?? :doubt:

Wait a second....since when does a difference of opinion constitute "being proven false"? All she's saying is that IN HER OPINION production is in spite of the President's policies and not because of them. That's all she's got, an opinion, and she's claiming that to be "proving" the president false?

some background may help, I agree the vid doesn't provide much of that;

Obama’s Curious Claims on Oil Production

The President took to the bully pulpit for a presser covering a wide range of topics including the Japanese earthquake and the situation in Libya. He also took time out to make a rather curious claim about US oil supplies.

“We’re adapting. We’re producing more oil, and we’re importing less,” he remarked.

“Now, the hard truth is, is that as long as our economy depends on foreign oil, we’ll always be subject to price spikes,” he noted.

He indicated that “our oil production reached its highest level in seven years. Oil production from federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico reached an all-time high,” adding that “for the first time in more than a decade, imports accounted for less than half of what we consumed.”

That’s an interesting claim, particularly given Hot Air’s coverage of the subject just prior to the press event. But record setting production would certainly be good news, wouldn’t it? Sadly, it seems that the President was basing his claims on some recent comments by Ken Salazar. While they sound great on paper, Ken was talking about the total number of oil rigs in the gulf, not the total amount of oil being produced. Jack Gerard of the American Petroleum Institute attempts to straighten out the math for the Oil Analyst in Chief.

Salazar’s numbers distort the true number of working rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. According to Baker Hughes:

* Four days before the Deepwater Horizon accident there were 55 rotary rigs actually drilling offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.
* On May 28, 2010, when the administration announced the six-month moratorium on deepwater drilling, there were 46 rotary rigs operating in the Gulf.
* Last week, 25 rotary rigs were operating in the Gulf of Mexico.

So the fact that there is an “all-time high” number of rigs in the Gulf ignores the fact that most of those rigs are not working. Claiming an increase in idle rigs in the Gulf as a success story is like claiming the job market is great because a lot of people are unemployed and available to work.

With all due respect to API, a better analagy would be to have a poultry farmer claiming that egg production was at an all time high based on the number of chickens he has, regardless of the fact that more than half the hens have stopped laying. But in fairness to America’s poultry farmers, your average chicken doesn’t have to wait for a permit from the federal government before dropping more eggs in the nest.

more at-
Obama’s Curious Claims on Oil Production « Hot Air

Obama does not lie, he just wouldn't know the truth if it bit him, you know where. He came to office to change the US and he will say and do anything to do it including destroying the country that he "claims" is his own. As long as the main stream entertainment new people kiss is you know where he will continue to do it. A regime change is all that is going to stop him. What a mistake America made.

Let me get this straight, Obama said domestic oil production is up and in the OP's video Perino admitted domestic oil production IS up and that makes Obama a liar! :cuckoo:

How can anyone possibly question the pure brilliance of the "logic" of the CON$ervative Brotherhood???? :rofl::lmao:

Last edited:

Ummm...I guess you failed to read the part about him being PROVEN false???

Let me get this straight, Obama said domestic oil production is up and in the OP's video Perino admitted domestic oil production IS up and that makes Obama a liar! :cuckoo:

How can anyone possibly question the pure brilliance of the "logic" of the CON$ervative Brotherhood???? :rofl::lmao:

Amazing how Liberals avoid reading the parts of posts that prove Obama is a LIAR!:

So any notion that my administration has shut down oil production might make for a good political sound bite, but it doesn’t match up with reality. We are encouraging offshore exploration and production.

It was a horrible lie.

The Obama administration continues to delay or defer action on developing our domestic resources of oil and natural gas at every turn.

“The trend is alarming. The administration has postponed lease sales in offshore areas. It has cancelled lease sales in onshore federal lands. It has extended permitting timelines for current leases and added unnecessary regulatory burdens. It has chosen inaction on essential energy projects that would create jobs, drive economic growth, and boost federal revenues.

“The administration is well on its way toward creating higher gasoline prices for Americans.

“To get more oil and gas, we need more access. Placing more government lands and waters off-limits and forcing companies to focus on areas that may show little promise even if already under lease will not solve our energy challenges.

Dana Perino is right.

It is frightening that the Obama Administration is so willing to openly lie to the American public.

Good question.

Dana Perino pointed out the administration’s total disregard for the truth today on FOX News Sunday,

“It is interesting to me how the administration allows President Obama to say things that are so quickly proven false… The facts are standing in the way of their rhetoric.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmS31TRslZw&feature=player_embedded

It was a horrible lie.

Dana Perino is right.

Dana Perino mischaracterises the President words. Typical.

"So any notion that my administration has shut down oil production might make for a good political sound bite, but it doesn’t match up with reality. We are encouraging offshore exploration and production. We’re just doing it responsibly. I don’t think anybody has forgotten that we’re only a few months removed from the worst oil spill in our history. So what we’ve done is to put in place common-sense standards like proving that companies can actually contain an underwater spill. And oil companies are stepping up -- we’ve approved more than 35 new offshore drilling permits that meet these new safety and environmental standards."

Now if she had given the full quote and then proven that there were not 35 new offshore permits approved then I might believe her. Otherwise it's just partisan politics, again.

It's all part of their "Green" fantasy. This President and GE have already struck deals on their "Green" agenda. It's certainly no coincidence this President and GE have such close ties. They're trying to shut everything down so they and GE can begin raking in their $Billions. This stuff has been well planned and coordinated between the two. The GOP will have to at least take the Senate back in 2012 to stop their "Green" agenda. Taking the White House back would end it for sure though. Make 2012 count people.

Amazing how Liberals avoid reading the parts of posts that prove Obama is a LIAR!:

It was a horrible lie.

Dana Perino is right.

Again the complete stupidity required to be a CON$ervartive is on display!!!!

Obama said domestic oil production is up. Nowhere did the American Petroleum Institute, the shills for the oil monopoly, say domestic oil production was down. They just whined that they want more land to lease. They will not give up the leases to the land they say is unproductive and shows little promise to get new leases, which would allow independents to drill there. They want more leases to prevent independents from accessing anything. The increase in oil production is coming from independents drilling on private property.

The oil monopoly shills did say Perino was Right, and she said oil production was up, confirming what Obama said.

President Obama Discusses Gas Price Hikes, Control « CBS Baltimore
Mar 11, 2011
OBAMA:
“We're adapting, we're producing more oil, and we're importing less,”

Joe Cirincione, Sen. Mitch McConnell on Crisis in Japan; Sens. Mark Warner, Sen. Saxby Chambliss on Efforts to Cut Deficit - FOXNews.com
Mar 13, 2011
DANA PERINO, FMR. WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY:
"production is up this year"

Last edited:
Obama is the biggest failure this country has seen, and I include Warren Harding in that. Not only does he get by and mere intention, rather than results, but now he has blown past intention and gone straight to wishful thinking.
The administration is not encouraging exploration. The very opposite.

"So any notion that my administration has shut down oil production might make for a good political sound bite, but it doesn’t match up with reality. We are encouraging offshore exploration and production. We’re just doing it responsibly. I don’t think anybody has forgotten that we’re only a few months removed from the worst oil spill in our history. So what we’ve done is to put in place common-sense standards like proving that companies can actually contain an underwater spill. And oil companies are stepping up -- we’ve approved more than 35 new offshore drilling permits that meet these new safety and environmental standards."

Now if she had given the full quote and then proven that there were not 35 new offshore permits approved then I might believe her. Otherwise it's just partisan politics, again.

Oh so now we resort to calling what he said and what everyone in the USA believes he said a "mischaracterization"? Hahahaha!

Fortunately for all of us, the wise energy policies of the Obama administration have us well on the way to a sustainable, secure energy future for our nation. After all, who could argue with a policy where we seek to import less oil from abroad, stifle the domestic production of such resources and do nothing to replace the shortfall?

With that in mind, surely nobody would expect a result like this.

1700d00e-c65c-46ef-8ff9-d6932bf6c1ee.jpg

40cdeec2-bdaa-4df7-af8a-5ed8a9fc201a.jpg

The lack of effective leadership on this vital issue has drawn the ire of a group of conservative leaders who recently provided a summary of just what we can expect in the future if nothing happens. Brace yourselves, as I’m sure none of you could have called this one.

Issue-in-Brief: Continued instability in the Middle East, combined with unprecedented foreign demand for oil and an uncertain economic recovery at home, has left the United States at the mercy of foreign dictators and markets – issues that would be alleviated if the Administration lifted its self-imposed energy freeze and let domestic producers get back to work, particularly in the Gulf. There is an obvious lack of leadership from the Obama Administration.

Demand for Oil is Skyrocketing

* Since President Obama assumed office gas prices have risen 87%! (From $1.83 to $3.43 and even higher in some states!)
* Global demand for oil is rising, and the competition for foreign resources has intensified. By 2035, the United States, Japan, OECD Europe, China, and India are projected to need 25 percent more imported oil than in 2005, with China and India accounting for the major portion of that increase.
* Instead of reaping the economic and social benefits of developing our domestic resources, the Gulf of Mexico (GOM), even despite the recent permit granted by the Department of Interior (DOI), remains closed for business. According to the Energy Information Agency, domestic offshore oil production will fall 13 percent in 2011, a loss of about 220,000 barrels/day, mainly due to the continued lack of permits for the GOM.

Shocking. That’s the only word for it. Who could have imagined that we would have to import more oil from unstable foreign sources if we don’t allow domestic producers to drill for it here?

Good question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmS31TRslZw&feature=player_embedded
When it comes to pickin' blonde/bubbleheaded-Bimbos, no one can compare to FAUX Noise!!!!

Dana_Perino_MN_mug_shot.JPG

"Though uncertain, she had a feeling that "it had to do with Cuba and missiles, I'm pretty sure."

Only In BUSHCOland!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh so now we resort to calling what he said and what everyone in the USA believes he said a "mischaracterization"? Hahahaha!

Fortunately for all of us, the wise energy policies of the Obama administration have us well on the way to a sustainable, secure energy future for our nation. After all, who could argue with a policy where we seek to import less oil from abroad, stifle the domestic production of such resources and do nothing to replace the shortfall?

With that in mind, surely nobody would expect a result like this.

1700d00e-c65c-46ef-8ff9-d6932bf6c1ee.jpg

40cdeec2-bdaa-4df7-af8a-5ed8a9fc201a.jpg

The lack of effective leadership on this vital issue has drawn the ire of a group of conservative leaders who recently provided a summary of just what we can expect in the future if nothing happens. Brace yourselves, as I’m sure none of you could have called this one.

Issue-in-Brief: Continued instability in the Middle East, combined with unprecedented foreign demand for oil and an uncertain economic recovery at home, has left the United States at the mercy of foreign dictators and markets – issues that would be alleviated if the Administration lifted its self-imposed energy freeze and let domestic producers get back to work, particularly in the Gulf. There is an obvious lack of leadership from the Obama Administration.

Demand for Oil is Skyrocketing

* Since President Obama assumed office gas prices have risen 87%! (From $1.83 to $3.43 and even higher in some states!)
* Global demand for oil is rising, and the competition for foreign resources has intensified. By 2035, the United States, Japan, OECD Europe, China, and India are projected to need 25 percent more imported oil than in 2005, with China and India accounting for the major portion of that increase.
* Instead of reaping the economic and social benefits of developing our domestic resources, the Gulf of Mexico (GOM), even despite the recent permit granted by the Department of Interior (DOI), remains closed for business. According to the Energy Information Agency, domestic offshore oil production will fall 13 percent in 2011, a loss of about 220,000 barrels/day, mainly due to the continued lack of permits for the GOM.
Shocking. That’s the only word for it. Who could have imagined that we would have to import more oil from unstable foreign sources if we don’t allow domestic producers to drill for it here?
Again how stupid do you have to be to believe a study by the GOP controlled House of Representatives will be honest! :cuckoo:
Just because the GOP uses charts to lie, CON$ are stupid enough to believe the lies.

The phony GOP chart shows oil imports up for 2010 even though oil imports have been down. The GOP are pathological liars.

Gas prices keep rising despite less demand, more supply | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News | Local & Regional

Mar 13, 2011
Demand is actually down - we're using less gas in the United States now than we did just seven years ago.

And the U.S. now imports only 50 percent of its oil - down from 60 percent - because we're producing more and because we drive more fuel-efficient vehicles.

Forum List

Back