It's Halftime America!..Say It Ain't So Clint!

You are right.
But what you conveniently ignore or refuse to accept is that they both made a bad economy much worse.

Nope.

The economy didn't get worse under Carter and Obama?
Prove it.

I don't give a shit about Carter, but there's been no credible evidence shown that the current Prez's policies have made the economy worse.

Doesn't look like the guys trying to take his place have been able to convince people of this outside of forumville, either.

:D

Last edited:
Carter and Obama were both handed an economy in deep shit. That's a fact. Period, end of story (unless of course some right winger would like to revise history).

That's true enough; the problem is and was, that neither had any solutions to offer that actually worked. Now, given that, we can argue over whether or not the situation was simply too much to fix; but generally in the real world, when we hire someone to turn something around in four years, and he promises us he can do that, and we give him the team he says he needs to do the job, and then he still doesn't get the job done, we fire him, and hire someone else. The moral: it's not that you inherited a mess; we knew it, and you knew it going in. You promised to fix the mess, and confidently predicted you could do so. My point is, that whether it's public life, or private life, you have to play the cards you were dealt, and whatever the result is, you own it. If it turns out that come November, we fire Obama and elect someone else, whoever that is will also (barring some intervening miracle) inherit an economy that is STILL in deep shit. I can guarantee you, that if that individual does not make some real progress toward fixing the mess in the following four years, the voters are going to want his scalp too. There are no points for "trying"; RESULTS are what counts.

The economy didn't get worse under Carter and Obama?
Prove it.

I don't give a shit about Carter, but there's been no credible evidence shown that the current Prez's policies have made the economy worse.

Doesn't look like the guys trying to take his place have been able to convince people of this outside of forumville, either.

:D

What world are you living in. Just look around and you will see the evidence supporting my argument.

You are right.
But what you conveniently ignore or refuse to accept is that they both made a bad economy much worse.

Don't know much about history or current events? There's a library near you. AM Radio and Fox News are a danger to your mental health, and can if you believe all that propaganda make you appear foolish when you blindly repeat revised history.

I was born in 65 and I remember the Carter years with the gas raitioning and high unemployment. And I can see what is going on now without needing to listen to the radio or watch idiots on TV. If you want to ignore the truth go ahead but don't try and feed me a bunch of BS.

I was a navy vet and a college grad by the time President Carter was elected POTUS. I remember the years well before his election too. Nixon's promises to end the war with honor, costing us tens of thousands of more causalities, Watergate, WIN (Whip Inflation Now) and Stagflation all of which preceded the eleciton of President Carter.

I remember when President Carter installed solar panels on the roof of the White House - can you guess where they are today?

See:

Where Did the Carter White House's Solar Panels Go?: Scientific American

I remember paying under .20 cents a gallon when gas wars erupted in San Francisco, and I remember gas lines a few years later when OPEC created the oil crisis in October 1973. Had we learned the lesson then we wouldn't be in the position we are today - dependent on foreign oil. Read the link Stephen, we are our own worst enemy.

Forum List

Back