It's gonna be awesome when the dollar collapses in 10-20 years

LibertyLemming

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2012
USA
unless they do a global currency, then it'll suck.

Looking forward to watching the topics change on USMB tho

Government borrows 4 billion a day just to keep the lights on - generational welfare . We have a dysfunctional government, yet they walk around like they are skipping through the tulips.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

What's gonna collapse it?

Where to start? Printing money? Massive debt? When our trading partners figure out that we’re no longer solvent, they’ll stop lending us money (that is, they’ll use their dollars to buy euros or yen or gold rather than U.S. bonds), and the value of the dollar will plunge. The process has already begun, with decreasing demand for dollars sending the value of the dollar down by more than a third in this decade. But this is just the beginning. Our currency isn't backed up by shit. Inflation is whats really going to kill it though.

What's gonna collapse it?

Inflation leading to devaluing. Pretty simple.

Yeah I've heard the "hyper-inflation is immenent" war cry on these boards for many years now. I have yet to actually see it.

Maybe it IS right around the corner, but you'll pardon my "little boy who cried wolf" lack of concern.

Yeah, I know I trust Government figures that inflation is around 2% despite the price of everything going up nonstop for decades in a row. I mean, why would they lie about it? It's not like it would cause the collapsing process to accelerate when everyone realized how worthless the dollar really is.

"CBS News recently reported that the rate of inflation, as calculated by the American Institute for Economic Research (AIER), clocked in at a whopping 8% over the past year. This number is in stark contrast to the relatively modest inflation rate of 3.1% being reported by the government’s Bureau of Labor Statistics."

I'd guess closer to 14%.

Dollar Bill is gunna collapse

We have been hearing that one from Conservatives for a hundred years

I guess sooner or later you will be right

Dollar Bill is gunna collapse

We have been hearing that one from Conservatives for a hundred years

I guess sooner or later you will be right

Have you looked at your savings account rate lately ? that is if you have one -hows that
.002 % doing for you ? Yea we are doing just fine.:eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

January 10, 2013

LibertyLemming SLAP-Around

MsnSlap5.gif

"First, the end of the initial wave of communism created a world that was unified under a single property-based economic system. Second, the opening of China and India added 3 billion producers and consumers to global markets. Third, the revolution in information technology made globalization possible by slashing communications and logistics costs. Fourth, the worldwide adoption of pure paper money ‑ money not backed by gold, silver, currency pegs or any other arbitrary standards of value ‑ allowed governments to stabilize macroeconomic cycles to a previously unimaginable degree.

These powerful megatrends inspired economic optimism, but for that very reason they created financial bubbles, followed by inevitable busts. The tragedy of 2008 was that a blind faith in markets dissuaded governments from properly managing these boom-bust cycles, thereby creating an unprecedented financial collapse. That crisis, however, is now over. Policymakers and voters have recognized that markets cannot be left to their own devices. Economies need to be managed. As a result, a new model of managed global capitalism is evolving, and gradually replacing the market fundamentalism that dominated the world from the Reagan-Thatcher period until 2008.

How, then, could expectations about 2013 be as gloomy as they were about 2012? The obvious answer is the uncertainty that prevailed until very recently about economic policies all over the world – about the euro, about the role of central banking, about the Chinese leadership, about the U.S. election and most recently about the fiscal cliff. The fact is, however, that these political uncertainties are largely resolved. The euro has survived because Germany has abandoned central banking taboos left over from the monetarist 1980s. President Barack Obama has been re-elected, allowing the Federal Reserve to continue its unprecedented monetary expansion.

Now that the policy questions have been largely settled, investors, businesspeople and consumers, even if they dislike some of the political outcomes, will be forced to shift their attention back to economics and business conditions. And as they do this, they will notice that economic fundamentals are actually rather better than they thought. This greater confidence will initially be inspired by short-term cyclical improvements, but as time goes on the structural changes in the world economy will again come to the fore."

george-bush-looking-stupid.jpg

lol I don't care if the economy picks up a bit, inflation and money printing/borrowing is going to continue. all FIAT currencies die

Forum List

Back