'It's gonna be a brigh sun shiny day!'

We were in a much better fiscal state in 2000. What's your point?

The point speaks for itself. Some of us don't embrace failure.

Neither do I. The point is both of those years were during Democratic administrations, the good old days that Clinton's going to be reminding us of for the next three months! :D

A Democrat in 1950 is way more Republican than Democrat by today's standards. Do you know how Truman came to power? By being on a commission that saved America $15 billion in waste. That's not how Democrats get power today.

We were in a much better fiscal state in 1950.

We were in a much better fiscal state in 2000. What's your point?

You did not support Bush?
Well that is ok you are supporting Romney. How many times has he failed to get on the republican ticket or be elected?

If Romney is elected there will be no real difference.
The us will continue on it's slow decline.

Neither do I. The point is both of those years were during Democratic administrations, the good old days that Clinton's going to be reminding us of for the next three months! :D

A Democrat in 1950 is way more Republican than Democrat by today's standards. Do you know how Truman came to power? By being on a commission that saved America $15 billion in waste. That's not how Democrats get power today.

I don't think, like national security, that the Reps have a better record on fiscal responsibility than the Dems, anymore. Expect Clinton to keep hammering that fact and the downhill slide we've experienced since 2000. I don't think saying Obama contributed is going to fly as long as the Reps refuse to be fiscally responsible on the revenue side, as well as the spending side. Americans shouldn't allow the Reps take us further down the drain, just because they think 'compromise' is a dirty word.

I don't think, like national security, that the Reps have a better record on fiscal responsibility than the Dems, anymore. Expect Clinton to keep hammering that fact and the downhill slide we've experienced since 2000. I don't think saying Obama contributed is going to fly as long as the Reps refuse to be fiscally responsible on the revenue side, as well as the spending side. Americans shouldn't allow the Reps take us further down the drain, just because they think 'compromise' is a dirty word.

As you scream at the top of your lungs any cut is extreme.

Try some credibility next time with your rant.

That's a rant? The Dems have agreed to all sorts of cuts. When are the Reps going to agree with most economists that the revenue side has to be addressed, too?

Yeah, it's 1950 in America!!! :lol::lol::lol:

We were in a much better fiscal state in 1950.

Yes by all means let's go back to the 1950's where the top marginal rate hovered around 91% and the federal government produced one of the largest federally funded infrastructure projects of all time, interstate system. Nowadays you guys bitch and moan if we want to cover up a pot hole.

Clinton wanted to spend dude. The Republican Congress stopped him. And what does Slick Willie do? He takes credit for the surplus. That's a joke.

Eisenhower was closer ideologically to Obama than he was to Bush

That's a rant? The Dems have agreed to all sorts of cuts. When are the Reps going to agree with most economists that the revenue side has to be addressed, too?

Really? Name them as they are so abundant.''The only thing I can recall is taking away the heating subsidies for the poor and defense which the left is now complaining about.

Go ahead prove that prowess, I dare you..........

Really? Name them as they are so abundant.''The only thing I can recall is taking away the heating subsidies for the poor and defense which the left is now complaining about.

Go ahead prove that prowess, I dare you..........

You've already done it for me. I think it's time for you to show us fiscal sanity from the Reps on the revenue side. The fact that the left is complaining is prima facie evidence that spending cuts have been made. Your turn. When are the Reps going to be responsible?

Forum List

Back