It's freakin' Christmas, why does every channel have a horror movie on?

This is the epidome of preaching to the choir.

I'm well aware of the misrepresentation that is the Xmas holiday. It's actually refreshing to see a christian not only acknowledge it, but be just as annoyed about the consumerism aspect as I am.
there are more of us than most realize

there are more of us than most realize

I have a solution for you who realize that xmas isn't a christian holiday, many other religions have done this recently and there is no reason why you shouldn't (yes I would defend your right to as well), start a new holiday at the time which is more likely. Call it what you want, there is a LARGE portion of the year with no major holidays. Then make certain it stays a religious holiday and don't let the government declare or touch it.

This is not meant as sarcasm at all, this is a serious suggestion with no ill intended.

I have a solution for you who realize that xmas isn't a christian holiday, many other religions have done this recently and there is no reason why you shouldn't (yes I would defend your right to as well), start a new holiday at the time which is more likely. Call it what you want, there is a LARGE portion of the year with no major holidays. Then make certain it stays a religious holiday and don't let the government declare or touch it.

This is not meant as sarcasm at all, this is a serious suggestion with no ill intended.
the early church didnt celebrate births
but i have no problem with celebrating Christmas even knowing that its not even close to the date of Jesus actual birth

Christmas was placed in winter because it coincided with the pagans' celebrating the birth of one of their gods. It made it easier to force pagans to adhere to Christianity.

And that, my friends, is the story of Christmas. Heart-warming, no?

Christmas was placed in winter because it coincided with the pagans' celebrating the birth of one of their gods. It made it easier to force pagans to adhere to Christianity.

The funny thing, that's the reason why many pagans celebrate it now, it's like a BIG F.U. to those who tried to steal their holiday from them.

Very true. That's why the Jehova Witnesses don't celebrate Christmas. No where in the bible does it mention a specific date for the birth of Jesus, and secondly, no where does it say for us to celebrate his birth. Christmas is pretty much a man made holiday.... Santa... Satan... I'm not sure I like it either. I'm all for the spirit of giving, and I'm all for celebrating the birth of Jesus, I just don't know when that is.

Does it matter when you celebrate the birth of Jesus? Does it have to be on the exact date of his birth?

In the middle ages, Christmas was the one day of the year that the peasants could go into the Castle and sit at the lord's table and eat his food.

It's America that turned it into the commerical holiday it's become. For me, Christmas is a time of giving. A time of family and a time of love. It's also the one time of year when I know the words to the songs.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
I have always admired the Wintesses for that.

Oh please, I had a Jehova's witness come to my door and I asked them why they don't celebrate holidays. He said because bad things happened on holidays in the bible and the only holiday they celebrate is the Last Supper.

Me "The last supper? You do know Jesus was betrayed at the Last Supper don't you? You don't think that's a "bad" thing?"

The guy never came back. :lol:

Also, there's nothing to do in the winter...it provides entertainment and something to keep you from getting cabin fever.

Forum List

Back