It's freakin' Christmas, why does every channel have a horror movie on?

Jon

The CPA
Mar 20, 2008
Fayetteville, AR
So I'm flipping channels, expecting some decent Christmas movies to be on. What do I find? ALL scary movies:

Boogeyman
Cabin Fever
Sister Act II :eek:

and finally...

An Inconvenient Truth. Nothing's scarier than Al Gore and his graphs and charts, except for that awful Melissa Etheridge song they play in the movie. *shudders*

But seriously, how am I supposed to get into the Christmas spirit when shit like this is on TV instead of the Grinch, Rudolph, and that damned little bastard Ralphie? Right now I'd settle for Tim Allen in a Santa suit. Geez.

So I'm flipping channels, expecting some decent Christmas movies to be on. What do I find? ALL scary movies:

Boogeyman
Cabin Fever

and finally...

An Inconvenient Truth. Nothing's scarier than Al Gore and his graphs and charts, except for that awful Melissa Etheridge song they play in the movie. *shudders*

But seriously, how am I supposed to get into the Christmas spirit when shit like this is on TV instead of the Grinch, Rudolph, and that damned little bastard Ralphie? Right now I'd settle for Tim Allen in a Santa suit. Geez.

Do you remember when there was almost a schedule of CHristmas favorites? I seriously considered buying a "classic Christmas movie" disc for like $30 because I haven't had my Rudolph fix yet. DAMMIT~!

How many days of the week for a month can we watch It's a Wonderful Life or the Miracle on 34th Street?

*gasp*

THIS, from a CHRISTIAN???

You are aware December 25th is NOT Jesus's Birthday? Right? It is a crass consumer holiday from hell.

Further, go ahead and provide us with some kernel from the Bible where Jesus ask us to remember his Birthday to begin with. If I had to guess I would guess late October as when he was Born based on what I have been told of the climate in that part of the world and the events around his birth.

Boogeyman
Cabin Fever

and finally...

There is no war on Christmas. :lol:

You are aware December 25th is NOT Jesus's Birthday? Right? It is a crass consumer holiday from hell.

Further, go ahead and provide us with some kernel from the Bible where Jesus ask us to remember his Birthday to begin with. If I had to guess I would guess late October as when he was Born based on what I have been told of the climate in that part of the world and the events around his birth.

This is the epidome of preaching to the choir.

I'm well aware of the misrepresentation that is the Xmas holiday. It's actually refreshing to see a christian not only acknowledge it, but be just as annoyed about the consumerism aspect as I am.

Last edited:
War on Christmas--the sequel--brought to you by Bill O' Lielly and Fox Network.

gee there was that cute little animated thing...the flight before christmas ..on what...o last night...look its only the 13th....chill....

ONLY the 13th? The Christmas holiday starts Black Friday and ends on Boxing Day. I will settle for nothing less.

ONLY the 13th? The Christmas holiday starts Black Friday and ends on Boxing Day. I will settle for nothing less.

that is just stupid...we dont even do boxing day...

hmmm looking into my crystal ball i see you settling for less....more and more often...o wait that is your sex partner lol

Boogeyman
Cabin Fever

and finally...

Damn, I wish I had your channels, all I keep finding are repeat christmas specials that everyone has seen hundreds of times already.

Very true. That's why the Jehova Witnesses don't celebrate Christmas. No where in the bible does it mention a specific date for the birth of Jesus, and secondly, no where does it say for us to celebrate his birth. Christmas is pretty much a man made holiday.... Santa... Satan... I'm not sure I like it either. I'm all for the spirit of giving, and I'm all for celebrating the birth of Jesus, I just don't know when that is.

Very true. That's why the Jehova Witnesses don't celebrate Christmas. No where in the bible does it mention a specific date for the birth of Jesus, and secondly, no where does it say for us to celebrate his birth. Christmas is pretty much a man made holiday.... Santa... Satan... I'm not sure I like it either. I'm all for the spirit of giving, and I'm all for celebrating the birth of Jesus, I just don't know when that is.

I have always admired the Wintesses for that.

Forum List

Back