It’s Easy ‘To Manipulate A Nation Of Naive, Self-Absorbed Sheep’

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
So says a member of the United States House of Representatives. And some political pundits wonder why Congress' popularity is in the dumps. He confesses that:

that he hardly ever reads the bills that he votes on, that his main job is to get reelected, and that it is “far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification”.

And what s/he goes on to say should put a chill upon every American who believes in the current system. It also explains why so many of us are sick and tired of professional politicians and are demanding change.

-“Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that’s lavished upon them.”

-“My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything.”

-“Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don’t know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it’ll cost.”

-“Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works.”

-“It’s far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification.”

-“It’s about getting credit now, lookin’ good for the upcoming election.”

-“We spend money we don’t have and blithely mortgage the future with a wink and a nod. Screw the next generation.”

This and very much more @ Member Of Congress: It’s Easy ‘To Manipulate A Nation Of Naive, Self-Absorbed Sheep’

(I've written my Senator and Representative about this)

'
There is nothing surprising about this.

If Americans had any sense, they would realize that all their Constitution-worship is false, lying crap.

The horse-and-buggy, sclerotic, 18th century Constitution just doesn't work in the 21st century. It should be scrapped as the worthless rag of parchment that it is, and A National Convention should be called to create a system of government which can work in this time of crisis.

reminds me of many posters on this site . I always figure that the easily manipulated are mostly young millennials and I bet that I am correct .

So says a member of the United States House of Representatives. And some political pundits wonder why Congress' popularity is in the dumps. He confesses that:

that he hardly ever reads the bills that he votes on, that his main job is to get reelected, and that it is “far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification”.

And what s/he goes on to say should put a chill upon every American who believes in the current system. It also explains why so many of us are sick and tired of professional politicians and are demanding change.

-“Most of my colleagues are dishonest career politicians who revel in the power and special-interest money that’s lavished upon them.”

-“My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything.”

-“Fundraising is so time consuming I seldom read any bills I vote on. Like many of my colleagues, I don’t know how the legislation will be implemented, or what it’ll cost.”

-“Voters are incredibly ignorant and know little about our form of government and how it works.”

-“It’s far easier than you think to manipulate a nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep who crave instant gratification.”

-“We spend money we don’t have and blithely mortgage the future with a wink and a nod. Screw the next generation.”

This and very much more @ Member Of Congress: It’s Easy ‘To Manipulate A Nation Of Naive, Self-Absorbed Sheep’

Amen to that!!!

And Trump is going to fix this how? It's easier to say, "let's make America great again" than to provide details on how Trump (a narcissist and a bully) will be able to convince a majority of members of Congress to do what he wants. Since the R Party has proved it takes a small minority in the senate, the Majority leader in the Senate or the Speaker of the House to roadblock his agenda, he will need to compromise. And since the H. of Rep. is so radicalized, and unwilling to compromise their principles, we can expect four years of absurdity.

And that's with some lightweights. Wait 'til Trump tries to bully the leaders of our foes and friends on the foreign front.

as far as the Senate and House I think that Trump oughta follow mrobama on executive orders . ---------- Concerning the foreigners , I hope that the Trump speaks loudly as he carries a huge Stick . Already the foreigners are getting nervous about Trump and the new muslim mayor of 'londonistan' has told Hilary that he will help Hilary beat the Trump which has gotta be some more votes for the Trump . Course the mayor of 'londonistan' is small potatoes but the hope is that the Trump goes after the mayors muslim friends in the mayors arab homelands WCatcher .

as far as the Senate and House I think that Trump oughta follow mrobama on executive orders . ---------- Concerning the foreigners , I hope that the Trump speaks loudly as he carries a huge Stick . Already the foreigners are getting nervous about Trump and the new muslim mayor of 'londonistan' has told Hilary that he will help Hilary beat the Trump which has gotta be some more votes for the Trump . Course the mayor of 'londonistan' is small potatoes but the hope is that the Trump goes after the mayors muslim friends in the mayors arab homelands WCatcher .

So you think, so to speak, that cowboy diplomacy is effective and the way you want the next administration to function. You also thi...err believe that mocking and abusing others is the best way to get your way. I bet you've never owned a dog, or kept a SO more than a week.

You can't be serious.

Michael T. Snyder is a fundamentalist Christian crank who has started numerous blogs as a testament to his raging insane belief that the world is about to end. He started with The Economic Collapse Blog in 2007, with constant articles stating how the world is going to hell every single day since the meltdown started in 2007. It seems as though Snyder blames the government for every ill in the world, because without it everything would be great.

Like most doom-sayers, it doesn't seem to faze Snyder one bit that every one of his past predictions of economic collapse were dead wrong. This horrendous track record would cause most people to reevaluate their beliefs in the effort to one day be right. Yet, he simply refuses to even address or acknowledge that he has been wrong thousands of times, especially if you count each numbered item of his massive lists. He seems to have explosive diarrhea of the mind that no amount of logic can slow or stop.

Michael T. Snyder - RationalWiki

That is politics and those are the people that politics attracts.

And Trump is going to fix this how? It's easier to say, "let's make America great again" than to provide details on how Trump (a narcissist and a bully) will be able to convince a majority of members of Congress to do what he wants. Since the R Party has proved it takes a small minority in the senate, the Majority leader in the Senate or the Speaker of the House to roadblock his agenda, he will need to compromise. And since the H. of Rep. is so radicalized, and unwilling to compromise their principles, we can expect four years of absurdity.

And that's with some lightweights. Wait 'til Trump tries to bully the leaders of our foes and friends on the foreign front.

It's easy to say Hope and Change too. The results has been an explosion in the wealth gap with the federal government moving to run the healthcare system which comprises 17% of the US economy.

Now the only way low income earners can get a raise is when government demands the free market to pay more. They have made the poor even more beholden to government for their existence, and they are being robbed of the ever dwindling American Dream.

Trump will change this by waking people up to the corruption of the political establishment. They will no longer blindly reelect those in office and will seek to elect those more representative of their desires and needs. I can foresee some major changes in November at all levels.

to the moderator that deleted my post in this thread . I don't remember the exact words in my post but i never make threats as it makes no sense !! As you say concerning my post , you say that my post was 'too CLOSE to a threat' so i guess that its a matter of INTERPRETATION of my words . As a closing thought , hey , it is your board . ----------- Pismoe

Last edited:
Seems like the book may really exist. You can pre-order the book on Amazon and it will ship on May 24th according the Amazon web page for the book entitled: "The Confessions of Congressman X".

Other news organizations are reporting this upcoming book:

Congressman's anonymous memoir says Americans are 'naive, self-absorbed sheep'

Congressman X Mocks Americans As 'Naive Sheep'

Anonymous US congressman pens 'deeply disturbing' tell-all book

Thank you. My OP did have a link to it.

Seems like the book may really exist. You can pre-order the book on Amazon and it will ship on May 24th according the Amazon web page for the book entitled: "The Confessions of Congressman X".

Other news organizations are reporting this upcoming book:

Congressman's anonymous memoir says Americans are 'naive, self-absorbed sheep'

Congressman X Mocks Americans As 'Naive Sheep'

Anonymous US congressman pens 'deeply disturbing' tell-all book

Thank you. My OP did have a link to it.

I should have linked my reply to post #11 wherein the poster tried to discredit your link. I simply wanted to point out that his/her/its arguments were without merit. Appreciate your posts.

Forum List

Back