It's Difficult to debate a liar

Romney Tells 27 Lies in 38 Minutes

Courtesy Think Progress.org

Pundits from both sides of the aisle have lauded Mitt Romney’s strong debate performance, praising his preparedness and ability to challenge President Obama’s policies and accomplishments. But Romney only accomplished this goal by repeatedly misleading viewers. He spoke for 38 minutes of the 90 minute debate and told at least 27 myths:

1) “[G]et us energy independent, North American energy independent. That creates about 4 million jobs”. Romney’s plan for “energy independence” actually relies heavily on a study that assumes the U.S. continues with fuel efficiency standards set by the Obama administration. For instance, he uses Citigroup research based off the assumption that “‘the United States will continue with strict fuel economy standards that will lower its oil demand.” Since he promises to undo the Obama administration’s new fuel efficiency standards, he would cut oil consumption savings of 2 million barrels per day by 2025.

2) “I don’t have a $5 trillion tax cut. I don’t have a tax cut of a scale that you’re talking about.” A Tax Policy Center analysis of Romney’s proposal for a 20 percent across-the-board tax cut in all federal income tax rates, eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax, eliminating the estate tax and other tax reductions, would reduce federal revenue $480 billion in 2015. This amount to $5 trillion over the decade.

3) “My view is that we ought to provide tax relief to people in the middle class. But I’m not going to reduce the share of taxes paid by high-income people.” If Romney hopes to provide tax relief to the middle class, then his $5 trillion tax cut would add to the deficit. There are not enough deductions in the tax code that primarily benefit rich people to make his math work.

4) “My — my number-one principal is, there will be no tax cut that adds to the deficit. I want to underline that: no tax cut that adds to the deficit.” As the Tax Policy Center concluded, Romney’s plan can’t both exempt middle class families from tax cuts and remain revenue neutral. “He’s promised all these things and he can’t do them all. In order for him to cover the cost of his tax cut without adding to the deficit, he’d have to find a way to raise taxes on middle income people or people making less than $200,000 a year,” the Center found.

5) “I will not under any circumstances raise taxes on middle-income families. I will lower taxes on middle-income families. Now, you cite a study. There are six other studies that looked at the study you describe and say it’s completely wrong.” The studies Romney cites actually further prove that Romney would, in fact, have to raise taxes on the middle class if he were to keep his promise not to lose revenue with his tax rate reduction.

More at link

I make it 88 lies and, actually its 38 minutes and 14 seconds, which equaled 47.3 percent , but who's counting...:rolleyes:

Here we go with that 47% again...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Those are not debates but a series of the usual political sound bites. If we had a panel of judges that evaluated after, pointing out the lies, the flaws and so forth they might be closer to debates. Perhaps a red light that goes off each time a lie is told. Or maybe when the first lie is uttered, the debate is awarded to the other. But what does it tell us about politicians, even those running for president, they lie through their teeth, and what does it tell us about the public they accept lies from their candidates. The debates are useless except to see who is the most adept at lying.

Well come on folks, this came from THINKPROGRESS, so you know it has to be THE TRUTH

I said the op is Lakhotas cousin:lol:

It's difficult to debate a liar.

"I think [President Obana] was so surprised, he thought Romney was just flat-out lying," Gergen said. And if the president was thinking that, he had good reason to.

Consider, for example, the 38th installment of my weekly series -- easily the longest of 2012 -- chronicling Mitt's mendacity.

1. In reference to the unemployment rate, Romney said, "The reason it's come down this year is primarily due to the fact that more and more people have just stopped looking for work."

That's not true.

2. On Fox News last night, Romney said in reference to the president, "[W]hat I find so offensive about his tax plan is by raising taxes on small business, as he does, he will kill jobs."

In reality, Obama has repeatedly cut taxes on small businesses -- by some counts, 18 times -- and if given a second term, his tax plan would have no effect on 97% of small businesses.

3. Speaking yesterday at the Colorado Conservative Political Action Committee Conference, Romney said, "this sequestration idea ... came out of the White House."

No, it didn't. This sequestration idea emanated from House Republicans.

4. In the same speech, Romney said Obama "spending more and more, borrowing more and more, putting us on a road to Greece."

That's painfully untrue.

There are hyperlinks at the link within each statement linked to the debunking.

LINK
Good grief, Charlie Brown.

You're a bigger sniveler than the entire state of Wisconsin, after they lost the game in Seattle! :lol:

I disagree. Dennis Kucinich or Mike Gravel would have wiped the floor with Romney.

It appears to me Obama is afraid to make anyone of equal or near equal status angry, a characteristic which seems to define him. Romney comes on aggressive, Obama backs down. Next day he's jive-talking again, like he won the fight. And he seems to think nobody noticed him being slapped around.

Damn. I have never seen a case of mass-retardation in my life.

Why can't Obama sheep just admit he wasn't prepared and got his ass handed to him?

What the fuck is the matter with you people?

Last edited:
how sad of a President that they continually have to MAKE EXCUES FOR HIM?

the best one is, that altitude got to him..

vote this poor excuse of a President OUT

sorry for the double post - too many windows open ...

rw's - Quit with the whining. The FACT that Mitt lies is not new with the debate. You've known it all along and so have the more intelligent posters.

You've made it clear that you don't mind that he lies, flip flops, laughs at you, makes fun of you. Why not just admit what some of you have already said - you'll happily vote for a known lying, corrupt Romney.

One would think with all these supposed lies out there that you would have no problem listing just one...ONE! We're not interested in links to stories about evil capitalists, we want you to back up your bullshit by showing us one lie with an explanation as to why it's a lie. Just one will do.

Back up your claim or fade into the pile of ignored trolls that preceded you.

Coward. Troll. Both.

Do folks who start threads like this take even a moment to research whether their own guy lied?

Or does their partisan ideology just cause them to automatically eject the possibility out of hand?

Absolutely freakin' amazing.

Amen.

"I think [President Obana] was so surprised, he thought Romney was just flat-out lying," Gergen said. And if the president was thinking that, he had good reason to.

Consider, for example, the 38th installment of my weekly series -- easily the longest of 2012 -- chronicling Mitt's mendacity.

1. In reference to the unemployment rate, Romney said, "The reason it's come down this year is primarily due to the fact that more and more people have just stopped looking for work."

That's not true.

Absolutely true.

2. On Fox News last night, Romney said in reference to the president, "[W]hat I find so offensive about his tax plan is by raising taxes on small business, as he does, he will kill jobs."

Absolutely true.

In reality, Obama has repeatedly cut taxes on small businesses -- by some counts, 18 times -- and if given a second term, his tax plan would have no effect on 97% of small businesses.

Most likely false. Obamacare is a HUGE and destructive TAX on small businesses.

3. Speaking yesterday at the Colorado Conservative Political Action Committee Conference, Romney said, "this sequestration idea ... came out of the White House."

Probably false, link?

4. In the same speech, Romney said Obama "spending more and more, borrowing more and more, putting us on a road to Greece."

That's painfully untrue.

Absolutely true.
It would help if you would actually offer evidence that it is, or at least offer counter evidence that the site is using as it's factual representation to show it's a lie.

I brought in as much evidence as the OP did.
Yeah... That's my badd there... I got this thread mixed up with another one that has it's "factual" information with each question.

kk

Do folks who start threads like this take even a moment to research whether their own guy lied?

Or does their partisan ideology just cause them to automatically eject the possibility out of hand?

Absolutely freakin' amazing.

Yes, it is difficult to debate a liar.

But Romney pulled it off.
*sighs*

I wonder if MitWit the Liar has changed his website to reflect his entirely new set of opinions and "plans". He could save time if he just left the old stuff up so it matches when he flip flops again ... and he will.

I wonder if MitWit the Liar has changed his website to reflect his entirely new set of opinions and "plans". He could save time if he just left the old stuff up so it matches when he flip flops again ... and he will.

I am sure you wonder about a lot of things.

You might want to start thinking about where you will move when President Romney is sworn in next Jan.

Trouble with your bifocals?

I posted this on the OP:

LINK

Rachel Maddow's blog is not supporting evidence moron.

There are links to each statement (debunking) WITHIN the Maddow Blog.

LOL, like we are to believe Racheal MaddCow from PMS nbc

And Romney didn't seem to have trouble debating Obama, the NUMBER one liar in this country

Last edited:
Rachel Maddow's blog is not supporting evidence moron.

And Romney didn't seem to have trouble debating Obama, the NUMBER one liar in this country

P-MSNBC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just sprayed Sprite all over my desk.

Thanks a-freaking lot.

I'm still laughing.

:lol: :.ol: :lol:

That's not true.

That's painfully untrue.

LINK

and if given a second term, his tax plan would have no effect on 97% of small businesses.

Raising the top individual rate will effect much more than 3% of small businesses.

P-MSNBC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just sprayed Sprite all over my desk.

Thanks a-freaking lot.

I'm still laughing.

:lol: :.ol: :lol:

You spit all over your desk? You must live like a pig.

Forum List

Back