It's Difficult to debate a liar

It's difficult to debate a liar.

"I think [President Obana] was so surprised, he thought Romney was just flat-out lying," Gergen said. And if the president was thinking that, he had good reason to.

Consider, for example, the 38th installment of my weekly series -- easily the longest of 2012 -- chronicling Mitt's mendacity.

1. In reference to the unemployment rate, Romney said, "The reason it's come down this year is primarily due to the fact that more and more people have just stopped looking for work."

That's not true.

2. On Fox News last night, Romney said in reference to the president, "[W]hat I find so offensive about his tax plan is by raising taxes on small business, as he does, he will kill jobs."

In reality, Obama has repeatedly cut taxes on small businesses -- by some counts, 18 times -- and if given a second term, his tax plan would have no effect on 97% of small businesses.

3. Speaking yesterday at the Colorado Conservative Political Action Committee Conference, Romney said, "this sequestration idea ... came out of the White House."

No, it didn't. This sequestration idea emanated from House Republicans.

4. In the same speech, Romney said Obama "spending more and more, borrowing more and more, putting us on a road to Greece."

That's painfully untrue.
There are hyperlinks at the link within each statement linked to the debunking.

LINK
tissue?

"I think [President Obana] was so surprised, he thought Romney was just flat-out lying," Gergen said. And if the president was thinking that, he had good reason to.

Consider, for example, the 38th installment of my weekly series -- easily the longest of 2012 -- chronicling Mitt's mendacity.

1. In reference to the unemployment rate, Romney said, "The reason it's come down this year is primarily due to the fact that more and more people have just stopped looking for work."

That's not true.

Absolutely true.

2. On Fox News last night, Romney said in reference to the president, "[W]hat I find so offensive about his tax plan is by raising taxes on small business, as he does, he will kill jobs."

Absolutely true.

In reality, Obama has repeatedly cut taxes on small businesses -- by some counts, 18 times -- and if given a second term, his tax plan would have no effect on 97% of small businesses.

Most likely false. Obamacare is a HUGE and destructive TAX on small businesses.

3. Speaking yesterday at the Colorado Conservative Political Action Committee Conference, Romney said, "this sequestration idea ... came out of the White House."

Probably false, link?

4. In the same speech, Romney said Obama "spending more and more, borrowing more and more, putting us on a road to Greece."

That's painfully untrue.

Absolutely true.

Gonna have to agree with predfan, stats dont lie. And have you ever read about Obama's 18 "tax cuts" for small businesses?

Its easy to debate a liar. Which is why Romney destroyed the Hussein in the debate.

Best part had to be when Romney shammed Obama about giving "green energy" duds $90 Billion tax dollars compared to Obama's villianizing 2.8 billion to oil companies.

He could of used that money to hire teachers, but as Romney pointed out it was more important to pay off the campaign donors in green energy.

America fucked, and Obama's friends rich from it. Truth hurts, so all he could do is look down and do his stupid dumbo-ear-to-dumbo-ear grin.

esq-obama-debate-photo-2012-lg.jpg

Last edited:

That's not true.

Absolutely true.

Absolutely true.

Most likely false. Obamacare is a HUGE and destructive TAX on small businesses.

Probably false, link?

That's painfully untrue.

Absolutely true.

Gonna have to agree with predfan, stats dont lie. And have you ever read about Obama's 18 "tax cuts" for small businesses?

Not to mention obama's huge tax increase called Obamacare.

Romney Tells 27 Lies in 38 Minutes

Courtesy Think Progress.org

Pundits from both sides of the aisle have lauded Mitt Romney’s strong debate performance, praising his preparedness and ability to challenge President Obama’s policies and accomplishments. But Romney only accomplished this goal by repeatedly misleading viewers. He spoke for 38 minutes of the 90 minute debate and told at least 27 myths:

1) “[G]et us energy independent, North American energy independent. That creates about 4 million jobs”. Romney’s plan for “energy independence” actually relies heavily on a study that assumes the U.S. continues with fuel efficiency standards set by the Obama administration. For instance, he uses Citigroup research based off the assumption that “‘the United States will continue with strict fuel economy standards that will lower its oil demand.” Since he promises to undo the Obama administration’s new fuel efficiency standards, he would cut oil consumption savings of 2 million barrels per day by 2025.

2) “I don’t have a $5 trillion tax cut. I don’t have a tax cut of a scale that you’re talking about.” A Tax Policy Center analysis of Romney’s proposal for a 20 percent across-the-board tax cut in all federal income tax rates, eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax, eliminating the estate tax and other tax reductions, would reduce federal revenue $480 billion in 2015. This amount to $5 trillion over the decade.

3) “My view is that we ought to provide tax relief to people in the middle class. But I’m not going to reduce the share of taxes paid by high-income people.” If Romney hopes to provide tax relief to the middle class, then his $5 trillion tax cut would add to the deficit. There are not enough deductions in the tax code that primarily benefit rich people to make his math work.

4) “My — my number-one principal is, there will be no tax cut that adds to the deficit. I want to underline that: no tax cut that adds to the deficit.” As the Tax Policy Center concluded, Romney’s plan can’t both exempt middle class families from tax cuts and remain revenue neutral. “He’s promised all these things and he can’t do them all. In order for him to cover the cost of his tax cut without adding to the deficit, he’d have to find a way to raise taxes on middle income people or people making less than $200,000 a year,” the Center found.

5) “I will not under any circumstances raise taxes on middle-income families. I will lower taxes on middle-income families. Now, you cite a study. There are six other studies that looked at the study you describe and say it’s completely wrong.” The studies Romney cites actually further prove that Romney would, in fact, have to raise taxes on the middle class if he were to keep his promise not to lose revenue with his tax rate reduction.

More at link

I make it 88 lies and, actually its 38 minutes and 14 seconds, which equaled 47.3 percent , but who's counting...:rolleyes:

Romney has proven that Mormons do lie. Maybe a better name is Latter Day Liar...

It's Difficult to debate a liar

Your right ,Obama is the biggest liar there is ,send the liar loser packing !

$ObamaWright.jpg Obama with his bigot buddy

Obama tells ten lies for every one of Romney's.

Nothing Romney said in the debate was a lie.

Really? Because after the debate, his campaign staff came out and said that the healthcare program proposed by Mittens DOESN'T cover pre-existing conditions.

Try again.

It would help if you would actually offer evidence that it is, or at least offer counter evidence that the site is using as it's factual representation to show it's a lie.

Trouble with your bifocals?

I posted this on the OP:

There are hyperlinks at the link within each statement linked to the debunking.

LINK

Rachel Maddow's blog is not supporting evidence moron.

There are links to each statement (debunking) WITHIN the Maddow Blog.

Do folks who start threads like this take even a moment to research whether their own guy lied?

Or does their partisan ideology just cause them to automatically eject the possibility out of hand?

Absolutely freakin' amazing.

Yeah...........it's also kinda pathetic. Especially when one of their own says something totally stupid and untrue like Akin did, and they start to denounce him, but then they have to all get on the party line and support him when he decides to stay in the race.

Face it...............the GOP has entrenched themselves so firmly in the dogma of their party, they can't see when they're lying.

But.............like they said on Seinfeld.........."it's not a lie if you believe it".

When I was growing up, I was taught to never lie. Period.

Forum List

Back