It's Difficult to debate a liar

Aug 7, 2012
Romney Tells 27 Lies in 38 Minutes

Courtesy Think Progress.org

Pundits from both sides of the aisle have lauded Mitt Romney’s strong debate performance, praising his preparedness and ability to challenge President Obama’s policies and accomplishments. But Romney only accomplished this goal by repeatedly misleading viewers. He spoke for 38 minutes of the 90 minute debate and told at least 27 myths:

1) “[G]et us energy independent, North American energy independent. That creates about 4 million jobs”. Romney’s plan for “energy independence” actually relies heavily on a study that assumes the U.S. continues with fuel efficiency standards set by the Obama administration. For instance, he uses Citigroup research based off the assumption that “‘the United States will continue with strict fuel economy standards that will lower its oil demand.” Since he promises to undo the Obama administration’s new fuel efficiency standards, he would cut oil consumption savings of 2 million barrels per day by 2025.

2) “I don’t have a $5 trillion tax cut. I don’t have a tax cut of a scale that you’re talking about.” A Tax Policy Center analysis of Romney’s proposal for a 20 percent across-the-board tax cut in all federal income tax rates, eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax, eliminating the estate tax and other tax reductions, would reduce federal revenue $480 billion in 2015. This amount to $5 trillion over the decade.

3) “My view is that we ought to provide tax relief to people in the middle class. But I’m not going to reduce the share of taxes paid by high-income people.” If Romney hopes to provide tax relief to the middle class, then his $5 trillion tax cut would add to the deficit. There are not enough deductions in the tax code that primarily benefit rich people to make his math work.

4) “My — my number-one principal is, there will be no tax cut that adds to the deficit. I want to underline that: no tax cut that adds to the deficit.” As the Tax Policy Center concluded, Romney’s plan can’t both exempt middle class families from tax cuts and remain revenue neutral. “He’s promised all these things and he can’t do them all. In order for him to cover the cost of his tax cut without adding to the deficit, he’d have to find a way to raise taxes on middle income people or people making less than $200,000 a year,” the Center found.

5) “I will not under any circumstances raise taxes on middle-income families. I will lower taxes on middle-income families. Now, you cite a study. There are six other studies that looked at the study you describe and say it’s completely wrong.” The studies Romney cites actually further prove that Romney would, in fact, have to raise taxes on the middle class if he were to keep his promise not to lose revenue with his tax rate reduction.

More at link

sorry man, it's more talking points, I read them when Star posted....you're too late.....God you guys are dumb

oh and show us how they're lies and then I might actually respond and kick you in the balls on each point.

This is the fourth thread on this topic and I am not going to take the time to point out all the crap ThinkRegress printed.....again.

Why don't you pay attention and spare us your crap.

Last edited:
Here is my suggestion for Mitten campaign song

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq-yoorI7lo&feature=related]The Cars-Shake it up - YouTube[/ame]

Tax Policy Center, funded by the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution.

Nah, no bias there... :dunno:

Romney Tells 27 Lies in 38 Minutes

1) “[G]et us energy independent, North American energy independent. That creates about 4 million jobs”. Romney’s plan for “energy independence” actually relies heavily on a study that assumes the U.S. continues with fuel efficiency standards set by the Obama administration. For instance, he uses Citigroup research based off the assumption that “‘the United States will continue with strict fuel economy standards that will lower its oil demand.” Since he promises to undo the Obama administration’s new fuel efficiency standards, he would cut oil consumption savings of 2 million barrels per day by 2025.

Bullshit. Even if Romney did undo the new fuel efficiency requirements, there is no reason to believe that fuel efficiency would not continue to improve, especially with gas prices so high. Consumers demand it, industry will respond without government threats. Therefore, not a lie.

2) “I don’t have a $5 trillion tax cut. I don’t have a tax cut of a scale that you’re talking about.” A Tax Policy Center analysis of Romney’s proposal for a 20 percent across-the-board tax cut in all federal income tax rates, eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax, eliminating the estate tax and other tax reductions, would reduce federal revenue $480 billion in 2015. This amount to $5 trillion over the decade.

Bullshit. It is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to know with certainty what will happen to tax revenues following a change in the tax rate. Not a lie.

3) “My view is that we ought to provide tax relief to people in the middle class. But I’m not going to reduce the share of taxes paid by high-income people.” If Romney hopes to provide tax relief to the middle class, then his $5 trillion tax cut would add to the deficit. There are not enough deductions in the tax code that primarily benefit rich people to make his math work.

Bullshit. Again, you can't say what will happen to the deficit following a tax rate reduction. Often, revenues go UP after a tax rate reduction. Either way, you cannot state with certainty they will go down. Again, not a lie.

4) “My — my number-one principal is, there will be no tax cut that adds to the deficit. I want to underline that: no tax cut that adds to the deficit.” As the Tax Policy Center concluded, Romney’s plan can’t both exempt middle class families from tax cuts and remain revenue neutral. “He’s promised all these things and he can’t do them all. In order for him to cover the cost of his tax cut without adding to the deficit, he’d have to find a way to raise taxes on middle income people or people making less than $200,000 a year,” the Center found.

The Tax Policy Center is ASSUMING a reduction in tax rates results in less revenue. Dr. Laffer, and history, would disagree. Not a lie.

5) “I will not under any circumstances raise taxes on middle-income families. I will lower taxes on middle-income families. Now, you cite a study. There are six other studies that looked at the study you describe and say it’s completely wrong.” The studies Romney cites actually further prove that Romney would, in fact, have to raise taxes on the middle class if he were to keep his promise not to lose revenue with his tax rate reduction.

Again, that depends entirely on the state of the economy following a change in the tax rates. No way you can call this a lie.

I'm not going to take the time to look at your other supposed lies until you can defend those you've posted. So far, massive fail.

Get over the loss, libs.......Put a paper bag over your head and Take a deep breath. It's going to be alright.

Tax Policy Center, funded by the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution.

Nah, no bias there... :dunno:

Oh, so you have PROOF that he did not lie?

Post it or stop whining.

And, while you're at it, maybe you would also like to POST PROOF that the links I posted are factually incorrect?

The links are two posts above. Don't get lost.

LOLOLOL

Tell you what genius, why don't you post one lie Romeny stated, just one, and using your own words, tell us EXACTLY why it's a lie. Let's start there, not some link to a bullshit bias story.

Of course Romney lied. He's taken both sides of pretty much every position so he's both lying and telling the truth with every answer he gives.

Get over the loss, libs.......Put a paper bag over your head and Take a deep breath. It's going to be alright.

Oh, so YOU are saying that Mittens didn't lie?

PROVE IT.

Better yet and since we all know that he DID and DOES lie (but only when he opens his mouth), can any rw explain why 90 minutes of lies to the American people is considered a "win"?

Even if you can stretch far enough to say MitWit the Liar "won", the American people certainly did not.

Oh, so YOU are saying that Mittens didn't lie?

PROVE IT.

Better yet and since we all know that he DID and DOES lie (but only when he opens his mouth), can any rw explain why 90 minutes of lies to the American people is considered a "win"?

Even if you can stretch far enough to say MitWit the Liar "won", the American people certainly did not.

Please re-read eflatminor's post above and respond...

Tell you what genius, why don't you post one lie Romeny stated, just one, and using your own words, tell us EXACTLY why it's a lie. Let's start there, not some link to a bullshit bias story.

You're just ticked because you can't find even one thing in the links that isn't true.

Including the link at the bottom.

Greed and Debt: The True Story of Mitt Romney and Bain Capital | Politics News | Rolling Stone

JOSH KOSMAN | author

Mitt Romney's Terrible Wall Street Journal Op-Ed - By Aaron David Miller | Foreign Policy

Greedy Republicans

Pants On Fire Mitt Romney tells 616 Lies in 33 Weeks | Addicting Info

Fact-checking Romney's "47 percent" comment - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Mitt Romney Was Pivotal Advocate For Homeland Security 'Fusion Centers' Slammed In New Report

Mitt Romney tells 533 lies in 30 weeks, Steve Benen documents them

Mitt Romney's Real Agenda | Politics News | Rolling Stone

BUT ....

Looks like American citizens aren't the only ones wanting to know why Mittens is hiding his tax returns.

IRS Looking Into Tax Schemes That Reportedly Boosted Romney's IRA

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:[/QUOTE]

Forum List

Back