It's cold and snowy in January!

Well it was cold and snowy here..but now it's melting.

So global warming IS real!

Yes, and it snowed recently in Australia....where it's summer.

Yup.

Now that gw has been debunked, I guess that means your work here is done.

Best of luck in your next endeavor. :thup:

Ahh if only it were that simple. The goal is not to "prove" GW wrong. We KNOW that the world is warming up. The question is whether man has an impact. So far there has been no empirical data shown that says yes man does. Instead we have tons of empirical data showing the opposite.

We want money to go into legit research, that will take the US off of the oil economy. Unfortunately the money currently is spent on useless feel good programs that have no effect other than making a very few people very rich, and of course making you poor.

But hey feel free to be a lemming and follow the rest of the folks off the cliff. Leaves more for the smart ones left behind.

Snow in January? How odd!
Not only did I spend an hour and forty-five minutes commuting to work this morning on my usual thirty minute route, but I've also spent some time capturing the white beauty in a few locations here in the city. Heavy and wet, sticking to everything. So pretty.
I hate snow.

Cleveland is buried. Ack! Who could have predicted such a thing?

200901-ClevelandSnow2.jpg

Yep, snow in Tasmania, record heat in the Southwest of Australia, and an epic flood in the Northeast.

One of the primary predictions of global warming is wider and wilder weather swings, with an overall warming.

Yup.

Now that gw has been debunked, I guess that means your work here is done.

Best of luck in your next endeavor. :thup:

Ahh if only it were that simple. The goal is not to "prove" GW wrong. We KNOW that the world is warming up. The question is whether man has an impact. So far there has been no empirical data shown that says yes man does. Instead we have tons of empirical data showing the opposite.

We want money to go into legit research, that will take the US off of the oil economy. Unfortunately the money currently is spent on useless feel good programs that have no effect other than making a very few people very rich, and of course making you poor.

But hey feel free to be a lemming and follow the rest of the folks off the cliff. Leaves more for the smart ones left behind.

I see. And which peer reviewed scientific journals do you find this data in? Last time I looked, the articles in the journals were almost 100% saying that AGW is real, and the primary driver of the warming is the burning of fossil fuels.

And virtually every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and ever major University states that in their policy statements.

As for the rest of your senseless rant, you simply are doing your usual lying.

LOL. Well, Madeline, I do feel for you. Here in Portland, Oregon, were we to get that much snow, it would shut the whole city down. Last Sunday, heavy snow was predicted for today and tomorrow, and the city went into panic mode. However, a change in the winds gave us about an inch of pellet snow last night, then heavy rain, and 49 degrees right now. Should be in the mid-50s for part of this week, maybe even near 60.

LOL. Well, Madeline, I do feel for you. Here in Portland, Oregon, were we to get that much snow, it would shut the whole city down. Last Sunday, heavy snow was predicted for today and tomorrow, and the city went into panic mode. However, a change in the winds gave us about an inch of pellet snow last night, then heavy rain, and 49 degrees right now. Should be in the mid-50s for part of this week, maybe even near 60.

Ah, thankies, Old Rocks. The world makes sense to me again.....it's all about me, LOL.

Doesn't snow much in Portland? That surprises me.

Global warming is real. Haven't you heard? In the northern hemisphere, the days will continue to lengthen everyday, and gradually get warmer. Does that mean we will burn on June 21?
PS after that it might start to cool again.

8 more inches last night,if were not for the wind,I would be hitting the slopes,its fffffreaking cold with wind chills around zero.

Ah, thankies, Old Rocks. The world makes sense to me again.....it's all about me, LOL.

Doesn't snow much in Portland? That surprises me.

No, we have not had much snow, or cold weather in Portland for about the last 40 years. Odd, too. For a couple of years between 1900 and 1930, the Columbia froze hard enough for people to drive wagons from Portland to Vancouver. And there were snows as much as three feet deep.

In fact, in about five of the last 20 years, the roses have bloomed completely through the winter.

Global warming is real. Haven't you heard? In the northern hemisphere, the days will continue to lengthen everyday, and gradually get warmer. Does that mean we will burn on June 21?
PS after that it might start to cool again.

Odd. It seems to wait until the end of August or mid-September here before it starts cooling. Must be a bummer to have fall start June 21.

Forum List

Back