Its called Christmas

I think it's terribly ironic that the same group that cries bloody hell when businesses don't get their capitalist way about jobsite safety, environment and taxes all of a sudden points a finger AT THE LEFT when those very same companies make a decision based on demographics and sales that chaffes their religious identity.

WELCOME TO CAPITALISM BITCHES. COMPETITION DRIVES WHAT DOOR GREETERS SAY, NOT THE SCARY ATHEIST UNDER YOUR BOO SCARY BED.

As I said in another thread, move to some better country and post from there reminding all us losers how much better off you are.

I'm not the one bitching about what this country is doing. But then you never were quick on the uptake.

From ‘Xmas on Bay State Road, Boston Other Poems

by Michael Benedikt

“Nearing Xmas Eve! I don’t know why–since I’m not a believer in the conventional sense–but every year around this time I end up standing here, pausing before this gray, hulking building with so many of its tall, stained glass windows darkened and lit only by floodlights from outside of it, but with twin spires still pointing towards heaven. Tonight I can see only a single light still shining–in a half-open casement window located on the second floor. “Hello, hello,” I call out, “Anybody around up there?–anybody home tonight?” Silhouetted at the casement window, a head appears. “Sure, we’re open all night tonight all right–but this isn’t a church anymore,” the head shouts back in a decidedly irritated voice. “Didn’t you know?–our entire operation was finally taken over last year–we were shut down for a while and then re-opened again converted to a peanut-brittle factory,” “But don’t I recognize you, Sir,” I call back–”aren’t you the former Sexton?” “Yes,” the head says, after we were converted the takeover people thought it would be wise for the sake of efficiency to retain some of the same personnel for a while, so together with some of my staff, I agreed to stay on for a bit.” “Does that include God, too?” I hear myself calling back to the former Sexton. “Sure it does,” the Sexton shouts back, “have a Merry Christmas!”–and his head disappears from the window. Then I see no silhouetted head much less face, and hear a far deeper and far more resonant voice: “My Son, my Son–we’ve been putting you on, my Son. But you know you should really come up here anyway–you know in your heart that for all He’s ever meant to you, Christ might as well have been a part-time worker in a peanut-brittle factory!” Then suddenly the casement window slams shut. “Oh My God!” I hear myself cry out–”Could that have been God Himself up there? And if so, was He genuinely angry with me, personally?” On the way up the stairs to find out–trembling slightly I must confess–I meet an angel. He’s coming down the stairs after apparently just knocking off from working on the night-shift somewhere upstairs. He’s beaming radiantly; his wings are folded neatly behind him and he’s licking his lips; his cheeks are covered up with peanut-butter and candy and look like two big chocolate chip cookies; and there’s a big blob of marshmallow on the tip of his nose….”

http://members.aol.com/benedit1/xm99ny00.html

religious people crack me up.

There should be an organized campeign to call bill oreilly during the entire month of December JUST to wish him a merry christmas from secular atheists so he can shut the fuck up about his boohoo war on christmas goofiness which prompts the dogma junkies to get all bent out of shape because a doorman at fucking walmart didn't greet them with the secret fraternal handshake of greetings.

indeed. religious people crack me up.

Who exactly is talking about religion? I addressed the issue of calling a holiday by its name. The ones boo-hooing are those who have decided to take issue with THAT.

Greetings, gunny!

Indeed, and were it the case that christmas was the only holiday observed by the population of America....

Greetings, gunny!

Indeed, and were it the case that christmas was the only holiday observed by the population of America....

My point is, the holiday has been called Christmas for centuries. If someone else wishes to celebrate whatever, I could care less, but the majority should not have to suffer the tyranny of the minority.

Other than finding it rather humorous and childish that people get wrapped all around themselves over someone calling the holiday what it is because they think the everyone should cater to each individual desire, I could care less.

Christmas began as a pagan holiday and has pretty much returned to being just that since corporate greed has pretty-much wiped out any religious significance, so I really don't see the point to all the fuss.

IMO, some people need to spend more time unbunching their panties and less time whining. Just a thought.:badgrin:

*Twas the month before Christmas*
*When all through our land,*
*Not a Christian was praying*
*Nor taking a stand.*
*See the PC Police had taken away,*
*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*
*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*
*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*
*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*
* December 25th is just a "Holiday".*

*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*
*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*
*CDs from Madonna, an X B OX, an I-pod*
*Something was changing, something quite odd! *
*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*
*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*
*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*
* At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*
*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*
*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*

*Inclusive, sensitive, Di-ver-si-ty*
*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*
*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*
*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!*
*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*
*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*
*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*
; * Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*

*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*
*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*
*So as you celebrate "Winter Break" under your "Dream Tree"*
*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*
*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*

*Shout MERRY CHRISTMAS,

not Happy Holiday!*

For my part, I usually attend service. However, THAT I see no reason to push on anyone. I don't like people pushing their religions on me, and I don't push mine on them.

when someone tells me happy holidays, that to me is an accusation that i celebrate kwanzaa. it immediately gets the person who said it's ass kicked.

Forum List

Back