It's Bush's War.. No Wait it's mine if we Win

I don't think history will be a kind judge on President Bush and as I mentioned the decisions made to enter Iraq were based on false intelligence and done so for politcal reasons. I admit at the time I like many Americans was convinced of Iraqs involvement in such things. Having said all that,, it does not IMHO minimize the heroic efforts of ALL those men and women who have given and still give so much in that nation. While the original purpose for entering into the conflict many agree was wrong, perhaps in the end as I mentioned by giving the people of Iraq a chance to live free of the past is the victory we seek and we have already won!

the people of iraq had a country where women were educated and allowed to be professional... yes, saddam was a creep... but he was less of a creep than the fundies.

i think that relying on cherrypicked intel to force an agenda that was predetermined as far back as 1998 was inexcusable.

we can agree that history won't be a kind judge, though. and we can agree on the value of the lives sacrificed.

Forum List

Back