It's Bush's Fault!!!

Name a time when The president/congress tried to push amazingly un-popular stuff through with the general public. They are really just doing their job by listening to the people, even if they are only paying attention because they are not in the majority and looking for votes.

Name any of the amazingly un-popular stuff? Health care? A majority were against it, but a huge chunk of those against it were against it because it wasn't liberal enough! The health care plan passed by Obama is the 1993 Republican health care plan! Cap and Trade is a republican idea!

Really, what are the "amazingly un-popular" things? I personally like having the ability to get healthcare. I personally like regulating the oil industry so I can go on vacation in the gulf. I personally like the idea that my 5 year old will probably not go to war in Iraq.

What people mostly forget is that almost all the things that went wrong in the Bush administration happened in the last two years of his 2nd term. When the Dems where in control. Obama blames all his problems on Bush when it was his party that had all the power.

What people mostly forget is that almost all the things that went wrong in the Bush administration happened in the last two years of his 2nd term. When the Dems where in control. Obama blames all his problems on Bush when it was his party that had all the power.

Really? Name a single thing passed by the Democrats that they forced Bush to sign. Name one.

Name a time when The president/congress tried to push amazingly un-popular stuff through with the general public. They are really just doing their job by listening to the people, even if they are only paying attention because they are not in the majority and looking for votes.

Name any of the amazingly un-popular stuff? Health care? A majority were against it, but a huge chunk of those against it were against it because it wasn't liberal enough! The health care plan passed by Obama is the 1993 Republican health care plan! Cap and Trade is a republican idea!

Really, what are the "amazingly un-popular" things? I personally like having the ability to get healthcare. I personally like regulating the oil industry so I can go on vacation in the gulf. I personally like the idea that my 5 year old will probably not go to war in Iraq.

When one needs to spin, one should realize they are not debating on the right side.

I dont care why the majority were against the health care bill tunred law. Most wanted something, but most did not want THAT. But nice spin.

Cap and Trade was a theory that was suggested to be researched. It was found that it would do nothing to help the enviuronment as the same amount of emissions will exist. However, it was also found that it would increase cost to the consumer....so it is irrelevant who had the idea,...research proved it to be futile and expensive. But nice spin.

Curious....you left out the Arizona Law.

Really? Name a single thing passed by the Democrats that they forced Bush to sign. Name one.

Are you really that naive to politics?

Do you have any idea of what a lame duck president is?

Do you have any idea of how a sitting president acts during his last year of his second term in an effort to minimize the opposition rhetoric in an effort to help his party regain the seat and seats in congress?

Are you really that naive?

I'm not, but clearly you and several others are.

It's not spin when even those on the right admit we need a health care bill. (By the way, great job GOP for all your help in actually passing universal health care or something that might be more useful than the 1993 GOP healthcare plan).

President Barack Obama made it clear at a fund-raiser in Atlanta today: The Democrats are still running against former President George W. Bush.

President Barack Obama speaks at a Democratic National Committee fund-raising event in Atlanta, Monday. (AP Photo/Charles Dharapak)At the Democratic Party event, the president said the Republican Party hasn’t differentiated itself from his predecessor. “They don’t have a single idea that’s different from George Bush’s ideas–not one,” Obama said to applause. Obama rarely refers to Bush by name during speeches, preferring instead to say “the previous administration
Obama Blames Bush and GOP - Washington Wire - WSJ

I have one question for the President, When do you start taking responsibility for your actions in the White House rather than blaming the previous Administration? Not one single month during your Administration has there not been substantial job loss, the US debt has gone from 9 Trillion at the end of the 8 years of Bush to 13 Trillion in just 2 years of your presidency. Mi. unemployment was 10% prior to the auto bailouts its now 14%. . You have dismantled NASA, had your own Katrina with the oil spill in the gulf, and alienated several allies including Poland, Israel, etc. You passed a national healthcare bill that forces every American to buy a product they may or may not want regardless of every poll that told you they did not want it. You sued a state over immigration over a universally popular law to enforce laws your DOJ chooses not too. So here we are Mr. President at the point where you have nothing left to say but to blame the previous Administration for your policies that have done nothing whatsoever other than to take this nation down the debt road. So rather than say it's Bush's fault perhaps you might want to say, I'm continuing the policies of the previous President.

All the Republicans are running on is putting things back the way they were before Obama took office,

which IS going back to the Bush presidency.

Why shouldn't the Democrats run against that? The Republicans are running FOR it.

I don't care that it was a republican idea you noob. Both sides are evil, they only listen when they don't have power and that was the point of my post.

If you don't want you 5 year old to end up in iraq you better start looking at third part options. Wait, maybe you believe Bush is still in the white house? If you believe the Democrats have not had their chance to end the wars in the last 3 years then I doubt your child will end up messed up due to Government but rather poor parenting.

Do you have any idea of how a sitting president acts during his last year of his second term in an effort to minimize the opposition rhetoric in an effort to help his party regain the seat and seats in congress?

Why don't you just answer his question.

I don't care that it was a republican idea you noob. Both sides are evil, they only listen when they don't have power and that was the point of my post.

If you don't want you 5 year old to end up in iraq you better start looking at third part options. Wait, maybe you believe Bush is still in the white house? If you believe the Democrats have not had their chance to end the wars in the last 3 years then I doubt your child will end up messed up due to Government but rather poor parenting.

I think I need to sink your bullship. You're admitting that it was a Republican idea, thank you. That being said, your post was an argument for Republican filibustering of everything the Democrats proposed, including things the republicans supported (namely health care reform). You were arguing for political games instead of governing. You were saying it's ok for Republicans to try to muck up government instead of trying to do things for the American people.

My 5 year old won't end up in Iraq because we have a president who is winding down offensive military operations. My 5 year old is getting good parenting, and even he knows who the president is. He also has respect for the office, unlike almost EVERYONE on the right.

I think I need to sink your bullship. You're admitting that it was a Republican idea, thank you. That being said, your post was an argument for Republican filibustering of everything the Democrats proposed, including things the republicans supported (namely health care reform). You were arguing for political games instead of governing. You were saying it's ok for Republicans to try to muck up government instead of trying to do things for the American people.

My 5 year old won't end up in Iraq because we have a president who is winding down offensive military operations. My 5 year old is getting good parenting, and even he knows who the president is. He also has respect for the office, unlike almost EVERYONE on the right.

The President that started the "wind down" of forces in Iraq is Bush. Obama had nothing to do with this. This was done by Bush..

Nice try.

Don't forget that Bush was a fiscal liberal. Perhaps not as fiscally liberal as a Marxist, but he was not a fan of limited spending.

Don't forget that Bush was a fiscal liberal. Perhaps not as fiscally liberal as a Marxist, but he was not a fan of limited spending.

Ok, that's just plain silly. He was fiscally irresponsible, but that does not mean he was liberal by any means. He spent on conservative programs just like his father and Reagan. There was nothing about GWB that was liberal, including his spending. Irresponsible, yes, liberal, no.

Ted Kennedy's education bill.
Bloated ag and transportation bills.
Creation of the DHA and TSA.
Extension after extension after extension of unemployment handouts.
Bailout nation.

Yup, the Shrub was a total lib when it came to spending and expanding bureaucracy.

why did democrats make the claim for years under Bush that Guantanamo Bay needed to be closed immediately, it was threatening the safety of our troops?

gee, haven't heard that in a while...wonder why

Because Bush fucked up the cases against Guantanamo inmates so badly that they can't be tried in any court of law. By holding people for years with no charges, no rights to an attorney, no rights to face their accusor....not to mention TORTURE. Bush ensured these men could never get a fair trial

Now they are literally men without a country and an example of US human rights violations forever.

that is your reason why guantanamo isn't closed? bush screwed things up so royally, that obama is UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING WITH THESE INMATES? really? that makes absolutely no sense. so what is obama going to do with them?

Beer Summit II
:beer:

Ok, that's just plain silly. He was fiscally irresponsible, but that does not mean he was liberal by any means. He spent on conservative programs just like his father and Reagan. There was nothing about GWB that was liberal, including his spending. Irresponsible, yes, liberal, no.
....Not to mention.....​

"Those who encountered Bush in Alabama remember him as an affable social drinker who acted younger than his 26 years. Referred to as George Bush, Jr. by newspapers in those days, sources say he also tended to show up late every day, around noon or one, at Blount's campaign headquarters in Montgomery. They say Bush would prop his cowboy boots on a desk and brag about how much he drank the night before.

They also remember Bush's stories about how the New Haven, Connecticut police always let him go, after he told them his name, when they stopped him "all the time" for driving drunk as a student at Yale in the late 1960s. Bush told this story to others working in the campaign "what seemed like a hundred times," says Red Blount's nephew C. Murphy Archibald, now an attorney in Charlotte, N.C., who also worked on the Blount campaign and said he had "vivid memories" of that time.

"He would laugh uproariously as though there was something funny about this. To me, that was pretty memorable, because here he is, a number of years out of college, talking about this to people he doesn't know," Archibald said. "He just struck me as a guy who really had an idea of himself as very much a child of privilege, that he wasn't operating by the same rules."

george_w_bush_harvard.jpg

READ IT AGAIN! Please tell my you are not a single parent...

GOP filibusters are seriously out of control. How can people criticize President Obama for not doing more when the GOP filibusters more than has ever been done in history. Yes, President Bush got some things done, but they used the "nuclear option" of reconciliation numerous times, he lied to the American People and Congress, and the democrats didn't filibuster. The Dems allowed votes to go to an up or down vote as required by the Constitution. Todays Republicans are spitting on the Constitution every time they filibuster. It's become a joke.

Obama has not ended or started to end any war. All he has done was talk about it, like the democrats that got elected to congress over 3 years ago, and Obama 2 years ago, all talk. You give credit to someone before it has actually even been done. You have no idea that the iraq war will be ended, more imporatnt you have no idea if Obama will just move the troops to the afghanistan war or start a new one... Yo know the other war that Obama is pushing full force???

This is as close as either party has come to representing the "American people." We don't want HC scams, bail outs and blah blah blah. Elected Republican's are shit, sure, but if they want to get back in office they have to block everything because THATS WHAT PEOPLE WANT. Tell me please, what is it Obama wants to do that he is not getting done, hmm??? The big "blocking" crap the republicans did was on HC, and guess what, it's passed! Now we find out how horrible it is yay!!

Ted Kennedy's education bill.
Bloated ag and transportation bills.
Creation of the DHA and TSA.
Extension after extension after extension of unemployment handouts.
Bailout nation.

Yup, the Shrub was a total lib when it came to spending and expanding bureaucracy.

yup

Well this is the whole point of the exercise though is it not? It seems when the President carries on the same policies as the former one on Domestic issues that increase the debt and from and economic standpoint seem to solve nothing, then turn around and blame the former one for whats happening on his watch is more deflection rather than standing on his own. Lets be honest here folks there is not much difference between the two other than perhaps one had an accent when it comes to matter of economic policy and their love of all things Goldman Sachs.

Forum List

Back