It's Begun: Winner of Election says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
It's Begun: Winner of Election says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Obama says tax hike on rich should be part of fiscal deal

Reuters - *20 minutes ago*

Obama's first term - in his own words. Barack Obama's first term, won on a promise of hope and change, featured four years of sobering challenges including the worst recession since the Great Depression, bank and auto bailouts, two wars, the fall of some of ...

This is it. The majority now needs to back the President with more than just a vote. We need to say to our friends and opponents "help, get out of the way"

:clap2:

Stand with the President!

In his first event at the White House since beating Republican Mitt Romney in Tuesday's election, Obama called on Congress to work with him to produce a plan and invited congressional leaders to meet with him next week.

"I'm not wedded to every detail of my plan. I'm open to compromise. I'm open to new ideas," he said.

The "fiscal cliff" of steep government spending cuts and tax increases due to be implemented under existing law in early 2013 is Obama's most pressing challenge after winning a second term.

Aimed at cutting the federal budget deficit, the planned measures could take an estimated $600 billion out of the economy and severely hinder economic growth.

While striking a conciliatory tone toward the Republican House majority, Obama said voters supported his ideas, including raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

"I just want to point out, this was a central question during the election. It was debated over and over again. And on Tuesday night we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach," he said.

Time to stand with the President or get out of the way.

If they taxed them 100% - it would barely create a small blip on the deficit radar.
A fact that the left just won't address....too busy getting a sugar buzz off the kool aid.

In his first event at the White House since beating Republican Mitt Romney in Tuesday's election, Obama called on Congress to work with him to produce a plan and invited congressional leaders to meet with him next week.

"I'm not wedded to every detail of my plan. I'm open to compromise. I'm open to new ideas," he said.

The "fiscal cliff" of steep government spending cuts and tax increases due to be implemented under existing law in early 2013 is Obama's most pressing challenge after winning a second term.

Aimed at cutting the federal budget deficit, the planned measures could take an estimated $600 billion out of the economy and severely hinder economic growth.

While striking a conciliatory tone toward the Republican House majority, Obama said voters supported his ideas, including raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

"I just want to point out, this was a central question during the election. It was debated over and over again. And on Tuesday night we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach," he said.

A majority of Americans didn't even vote so he is already lying.

A majority of Americans didn't even vote so he is already lying.

hey idjit, how many Americans are eligible to vote?

how many registered to vote?

how many who were eligible actually voted?

In America a vote is decided by the majority of Americans .. who actually vote.

Nope. Time for the govt to do without.

If they taxed them 100% - it would barely create a small blip on the deficit radar.
A fact that the left just won't address....too busy getting a sugar buzz off the kool aid.

100%? :cuckoo: tax the wealthy at the same rate they were taxed under those sooooo bad Clinton years. :lol:

what a loser you are

No, what I am saying dumbass is the effect that taxing these folks will have on the scheme of things is incredibly insignificant. Tiny.
However, it will seriously effect 100,000's of small businesses in a much, much bigger way..and you don't do that in a crushing economy.
Now...what do you say about something the President refuses to address that would have a HUGE positive affect on the deficit - reign in bloated entitlements?
Course - that would make it much harder for you to maintain the basement of your parents home.

Last edited:

Nope. Time for the govt to do without.

Unfortunately for you, the majority of Americans voted for the Presidents view, not yours

100%? :cuckoo: tax the wealthy at the same rate they were taxed under those sooooo bad Clinton years. :lol:

what a loser you are

No, what I am saying dumbass is the effect that taxing these folks will have on the scheme of things is incredibly insignificant. Tiny.
However, it will seriously effect 100,000's of small businesses in a much, much bigger way..and you don't do that in a crushing economy.
Now...what do you say about something the President refuses to address that would have a HUGE positive affect on the deficit - reign in bloated entitlements?

stop with the talking points, the election is over.

The rate the President wants was the sane rate people paid during the Clinton years...and we need to go after Hedge Fund Managers and others like Romney who pay such low rates on unearned income.

It is only part of a plan
Boehner walked away from the proposal he was offering: $3.5 trillion in spending cuts over 10 years, smaller tax increases than those laid out in a bipartisan Senate plan and cuts to entitlement programs, something Democrats have pushed hard against. It also didn't include revenues that Obama has insisted be in a final package, namely via closing tax loopholes and ending subsidies for the oil and gas industry.

"In other words, this was an extraordinarily fair deal," Obama told reporters. "If it was unbalanced, it was unbalanced in the direction of not enough revenue." Obama: Debt Ceiling Talks Fell Apart, Boehner Walked Out

By all means. Entitle yourself to even more of someone else's success.
Households earning over $1 million annually comprise just 0.3% of all taxpayers, yet they pay 20% of all federal taxes.
Households earning $50,000 to $75,000 a year accounted for 12% of taxpayers and contributed 9% of federal taxes.
46 percent of households pay no federal income tax at all.

Yeah, it's the productive that are out of order.
So how much more of their money do you think you should plunder? And when that bracket says enough, and moves on, guess who becomes the NEW "rich"!

Obama doesn't care where it come from, only that it keeps coming.

The majority of Amercians also voted Republicans into the House. In that regard, House Republicans need to stand firm on no tax hikes.

Forum List

Back