It's Back

Soaring

May 30, 2009
- The "Misery Index", a solely owned liberal creation.

Gateway Pundit: The" Obama Misery Index" Continues to Climb As His Poll Numbers Plummet

Friday, August 21, 2009
The" Obama Misery Index" Continues to Climb As His Poll Numbers Plummet
Rep. Dave Camp (R-MI) took to the House floor a couple of weeks back to ask Democratic Leaders, "Where are the jobs?"

From Rep. Dave Camp's website:

“Mr. Speaker, the chart next to me shows the “Obama Misery Index,” OMI, which reveals a stunning rise in debt and unemployment. And “oh, my” I think is the right title for the index of current and future burdens the American people face. Despite campaign pledges of fiscal responsibility and job creation, since inauguration day, we’ve seen an $800 billion stimulus bill, massive energy taxes, and a legislative agenda that’s resulted in rapidly growing debt alongside rising unemployment. Taken together, these figures define the effect of the President’s policies to date – not only revealing their failure to deliver jobs for today’s workers, but an even larger government tab for our children and grandchildren to pay. Already the unemployment and debt on President Obama’s watch is a stunning 40.6 percent -- the current “Obama Misery Index” actually felt by the American people. And after Vice President’s recent claim that the government needs to spend more money to keep from going bankrupt, and the CBO, Congressional Budget Office, Director suggestion that the trillion dollar Democrat health care bill will simply add to the country’s budget problems, this measure may only worsen in the months ahead. Mr. Speaker, where are the jobs?”

When the stimulus was passed in February, the Obama administration predicted its so-called stimulus plan would “save or create 3.5 million jobs.” Michigan’s unemployment has reached 15 percent. The unemployment rate for the country overall in June reached 9.5%, well above the 8% level the Administration projected if stimulus passed. This means 2.5 million more Americans unemployed than the President promised.

Putting that 2.5 million in perspective:

If the 2.5 million “unprojected unemployed” since stimulus stood back to back, that unemployment line would stretch for 472 miles – the distance from Washington D.C. to Toledo, Ohio.

The 2.5 million “unprojected unemployed” since stimulus is an average of 5,724 unemployed in each of the 435 Congressional districts represented in the U.S. House.

The 2.5 million “unprojected unemployed” since stimulus is larger than the population of 15 U.S. States (AK, DE, HI, ID, ME, MT, NE, NH, NM, ND, RI, SD, VT, WV, WY).
As the economy continues to tumble this week so does Obama's approval numbers...
Dear Leader's approval rating has already dropped to 45% nationally.

We live in a society -
"of the Government, by the Government, for the Government".
We are now slaves to A GREEDY government.

When exactly did this "misery" begin?

Unemployment rose from 4.7% in November 2007 to 7.6% when Obama took office
The year long decline continued under Obama and is now up to 9.5%

Want to talk deficit?
Bush ran up a $5 Trillion dollar deficit compared to Obamas $780 Billion

If we really want to talk "Misery" lets look at Reagan.

He came in in Jan 1981 with unemployment at 7.5% it rose to 10.8% in Nov 1982 almost TWO years into his first term.

Yet republicans expect Obama to fix their economic mess in seven months

When exactly did this "misery" begin?

Unemployment rose from 4.7% in November 2007 to 7.6% when Obama took office
The year long decline continued under Obama and is now up to 9.5%

Want to talk deficit?
Bush ran up a $5 Trillion dollar deficit compared to Obamas $780 Billion

I'm not certain, but my guess would be on or about February 17th, 2009.

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The bill was signed into law on February 17 by President Obama at an economic forum he was hosting in Denver, Colorado.[4]

Immie

Lets really talk some misery.....

With the crash of the stock market and housing values, Americans lost $11.2 Trillion in personal wealth in 2008. Thats more money lost than the ENTIRE US deficit and the most in over 50 years. Now THAT my friends is misery

Record wealth loss in 2008; saving rises
Friday, March 13, 2009

Yesterday the Federal Reserve released the fourth quarter flow of funds report. This is a massive report with stock and flow data across all sectors of the U.S. economy, including households, businesses (financial and nonfinancial), and government. First, let's look at the headline: the household. From Bloomberg:
U.S. household wealth fell by a record $5.1 trillion from October to December, almost twice the decrease in the previous quarter, as home values and stock prices plunged, Federal Reserve figures showed.

Net worth for households and non-profit groups decreased to $51.5 trillion, the lowest level in four years, from $56.6 trillion in the third quarter, according to the Fed’s quarterly Flow of Funds report yesterday. Wealth dropped $11.2 trillion in 2008 from the year before, the biggest annual decline since the government began keeping quarterly records in 1952.

Forum List

Back