It's Apparently a Hate Crime

I would say that this was a hate crime. She's admitted that she loathes Muslims, and its extremely likely she pushed that person off the platform because she believed they were Muslim.

Put her in a jail cell with a couple of Muslims and see how long she lasts.

Sounds like you are advocating a hate crime against her, Noomi. I'm shocked. I sure hope you are sorry. Something that Reeducation would fix. You have not even asked about who she was mumbling to, I'm guessing the Voices. Anyway, I'm guessing that we shouldn't even be wasting time on a trial. Is that your position.

For the record, Elmhurst, Corona (where the Victim lived), Jackson Heights, even Sunnyside, are some of the most diverse communities in Queens, more so than Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx. we represent people from more Countries than the UN, and it's been that way a very long time.

I'm not saying the Crackpot Lady is not a Racist, God Forbid. What I am saying is your timing is off. There is a Process, in civilized society, that, in theory, serves justice. Why undermine it? Grand Standing for Political Opportunity does just that.

I never said she shouldn't have a trial. That is her right, and I hope the jury finds her guilty and a judge locks her away for the rest of her life - because she doesn't deserve to walk around with decent people.

When is murder not a hate crime :confused: When a black murders a white :bowdown:
This is some twisted liberal agenda personified!

Most violent crimes involve hate, especially when they are premeditated. What is weird is a Society that softens the penalty for violent crimes, while selectively hardening the deterrent against certain targets or Victims, based on what Group one may or may not belong to. Pretty absurd when the variables play out. If the Victim here turns out to be a Buddhist or a Christian, will the Hate Crime be dropped? Why should First Degree Murder carry a lesser Penalty? Absurd. If The Lady is found fit to stand Trial, and convicted. It should be a Life Sentence. What would stop her from doing it again, otherwise?

I would say that this was a hate crime. She's admitted that she loathes Muslims, and its extremely likely she pushed that person off the platform because she believed they were Muslim.

Put her in a jail cell with a couple of Muslims and see how long she lasts.

Sounds like you are advocating a hate crime against her, Noomi. I'm shocked. I sure hope you are sorry. Something that Reeducation would fix. You have not even asked about who she was mumbling to, I'm guessing the Voices. Anyway, I'm guessing that we shouldn't even be wasting time on a trial. Is that your position.

For the record, Elmhurst, Corona (where the Victim lived), Jackson Heights, even Sunnyside, are some of the most diverse communities in Queens, more so than Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Bronx. we represent people from more Countries than the UN, and it's been that way a very long time.

I'm not saying the Crackpot Lady is not a Racist, God Forbid. What I am saying is your timing is off. There is a Process, in civilized society, that, in theory, serves justice. Why undermine it? Grand Standing for Political Opportunity does just that.

I never said she shouldn't have a trial. That is her right, and I hope the jury finds her guilty and a judge locks her away for the rest of her life - because she doesn't deserve to walk around with decent people.
We agree. Whether sane or not, I hope she spends the rest of her life either institutionalized or in prison, knowing what she is capable of. What I don't condone is Torture, Rape, or physical abuse while in the custody of the State. That does No One any good.

This charge clearly falls within the parameters set by the Hate Crimes Act of 2000 LAWS OF NEW YORK, 2000
CHAPTER 107, § 485.05 Hate crimes.
1. A person commits a hate crime when he or she commits a specified
offense and either:
(a) intentionally selects the person against whom the offense is
committed
or intended to be committed in whole or in substantial part
because of a belief or perception regarding the race, color, national
origin, ancestry, gender, religion, religious practice, age, disability
or sexual orientation of a person, regardless of whether the belief or
perception is correct

Hate Crimes Act - Ch. 107, 2000 - NY DCJS

The woman should be prosecuted under this law. She acted on her hate, she should be judged and held accountable by her hateful actions.

"I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I've been beating them up," Menendez told police, according to the district attorney's office.

Yes, when a criminal defendant states her motive for committing the alleged crime was hate for the victim’s religion and ethnicity, she’ll likely be subject to enhanced sentencing if found guilty.

This isn’t difficult to understand – enhanced sentencing when hatred for a victim’s race or religion is a motivating factor is perfectly appropriate and in compliance with the Constitution.

When is murder not a hate crime :confused: When a black murders a white :bowdown:

I forgot, when someone kills a person that may be a muslim in cold blood, they should be considered a hero.

This is some twisted right wing agenda personified!

Most violent crimes involve hate, especially when they are premeditated. What is weird is a Society that softens the penalty for violent crimes, while selectively hardening the deterrent against certain targets or Victims, based on what Group one may or may not belong to. Pretty absurd when the variables play out. If the Victim here turns out to be a Buddhist or a Christian, will the Hate Crime be dropped? Why should First Degree Murder carry a lesser Penalty? Absurd. If The Lady is found fit to stand Trial, and convicted. It should be a Life Sentence. What would stop her from doing it again, otherwise?
I agree with everything except the life in prison - throw the bitch in front of a train; some liberal asshole judge may release her!

"I pushed a Muslim off the train tracks because I hate Hindus and Muslims ever since 2001 when they put down the twin towers I've been beating them up," Menendez told police, according to the district attorney's office.

Yes, when a criminal defendant states her motive for committing the alleged crime was hate for the victim’s religion and ethnicity, she’ll likely be subject to enhanced sentencing if found guilty.

This isn’t difficult to understand – enhanced sentencing when hatred for a victim’s race or religion is a motivating factor is perfectly appropriate and in compliance with the Constitution.
Whites can me murdered by blacks with epethets flying ( cracker, honkie etc. ) they arn't prosecuted for hate crimes; hate crimes are for whites!

At least you and other conservatives are consistent in your hate and ignorance. The case reviewed by the Supreme Court upholding enhanced sentencing as Constitutional was a black on white crime.

Yes, a lot of crime is motivated by "hate", but what makes a hate crime different? It is the intent to terrify a group of people that makes a hate crime a hate crime.

Not a hate crime
Robbed at gunpoint and called a cracker

Hate Crime
Pushed from a train platform because you are perceived to be a Muslim.

The difference is the motivation for the crime. In one crime, the individual is targeted in the other the intent is to terrorize a group of people. What happens with one over the other? One gets a stiffer sentence. How is that not a good thing? I know I hear a lot of people bitching about our justice system and how people get off too easy these days....how is a longer jail sentence not a good outcome?

Hate crimes are stupid anyway. A murder is a murder, an assult is an assult no matter the reasons behind it. No one deserves special protection under the law. Its supposed to be applied equally.

"Hate crimes" are actually special prosecution under the law. Never the less, it is an example of the law not being applied equally. It is ridiculous.

Where is the law not being applied equally?

From the article: The district attorney said such hateful remarks about Muslims and Hindus could not be tolerated.

Gosh if only it were because he was a Christian, that could have been tolerated.

No it would not be

Forum List

Back