It's AN INVASION! 'We don't want you here': Mexicans protest against migrant caravan (Video 1:24)

Hundreds of residents of the Mexican border city of Tijuana protest the thousands of Central American migrants who have arrived in the hope of starting a new life in the US. On Sunday, local residents waved Mexican flags, sang the national anthem and chanted 'Out! Out!'

At one point, police formed a barrier between the Central American migrants and protesting locals. Protesters have called the migrant caravan an 'invasion' , and are accusing the migrants of being messy, ungrateful and a danger to Tijuana. They are concerned Mexican taxes might be spent to care for the group as they wait, possibly months, to apply for asylum in the US

Read more at theguardian.com ...

Looks like these Mexicans think Jim Acosta is full of shit when he argued with our president that these INVADERS were not INVADERS!!!!
I don't watch the CNN anymore so I really don't care what he has to say. He is a real Butt head.

Hundreds of residents of the Mexican border city of Tijuana protest the thousands of Central American migrants who have arrived in the hope of starting a new life in the US. On Sunday, local residents waved Mexican flags, sang the national anthem and chanted 'Out! Out!'

At one point, police formed a barrier between the Central American migrants and protesting locals. Protesters have called the migrant caravan an 'invasion' , and are accusing the migrants of being messy, ungrateful and a danger to Tijuana. They are concerned Mexican taxes might be spent to care for the group as they wait, possibly months, to apply for asylum in the US

Read more at theguardian.com ...

Looks like these Mexicans think Jim Acosta is full of shit when he argued with our president that these INVADERS were not INVADERS!!!!

Clearly Jim Acosta needs to go to Tijuana and explain to the Mexicans how silly they are calling the Hondurans invaders. Now that's a CNN show I would watch! :popcorn:

I'll tell you a story.

In the year 1099, a bunch of French, German, Norman, and Italian folks, at the request of Pope Urban II, marched from Europe to Jerusalem. Their mission, to rid the 'Holy Land' of unbelievers in the name of the Lord and justice. The Pope financed their mission and sent them walking east to Constantinople.

The reason they went to Constantinople was that when Rome Empire divided itself in to two kingdoms, Rome in the West and Constantinople in the East, called the Byzantine Empire, the part of the Roman Empire that stayed intact was Byzantines. While Rome and the rest of Europe suffered through the Dark Ages, the empire in the East prospered from trade with Muslim and other Eastern kingdoms. They were rich, sophisticated, had advanced technology, and had culture coming out of their ears. The European crusaders on the other hand, were poor, dirty, hairy, illiterate and lacked manners.

So, when those poor crusaders marched up to the gated of Constantinople demanding they help them in their mission to rid the Holy Land of infidels, the Byzantine's freaked. The smelly rubes didn't even wear perfume and jewelry as the Byzantines men did and they stole everything that wasn't nailed down (and some stuff that was). It was like having a mob from say ... Honduras, march up to your front gate and demand food, housing, weapons, and soldiers to go off and help them fight their war.

So, the Byzantines said, 'Yeah, sure ... we'll help you slaughter the infidels. We will transport you across the Bosphrous River and point you at the infidels. Go get 'em boys'. The crusaders took them up on it, and gleefully went into what is now Turkey to do the work of the Lord. The thing is, the infidels they slaughtered were Coptic xtians who the Byzantines considered to be heretics.

That was the beginning of the Crusades, a series of wars lasting from 1099 to 1453 when Constantinople fell to the Turks and the Ottoman Empire began (lasting until 1918).
Your point is....??
What's the polite way of letting you know I read your post but it has done nothing to sway my opinion against your defense of multiculturalism?

I don't wanna ignore you or devolve into mame calling
Multiculturalism is not a legit defense in this case. These people are not wanting to give to this country but to take and take and take. There are hear because they have heard if they get across the border they can stay and cannot be deported and we will provide for them. Low wage earners receiving tax credits. Welfare, etc. By way of their anchor babies. So what are we to gain by letting them in??? NADA

This is all repetitive. Your biases are not special, unique or new. Since 1776 we've been claiming the next wave of immigrants was the worst that would end America.

Honestly, I do see a problem if WE refuse to assimilate them WE existing immigrant children CAN screw it up.

Honestly I do not see where it’s the Constitutional “duty” to have to accept refugees or immigrants. The laws regarding amnesty make it clear, The
alien’s life or freedom would need to be threatened on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group in order to fit the parameters of Amnesty. Amnesty is also, by law, under the discretion of the US Attorney General whether the case warrants it. Regarding immigration laws, our nation is not obligated to have to accept further immigrants if the administration feels certain circumstances require it’s limitation... as history has shown.

Did I say "Constitutional Duty"?

-I think accepting immigrants is what allowed our Manifest Destiny to populate the country.

-I think we are at full employment and if we are going to compete with the Chinese economically we need to get a more "hungry" populace

-Far as "Duty" goes I think the moral majority knows we live under the "New Covenant" now and how you treat your Samaritans is going to be a bigger factor in deciding if you make it past St Peter's gate than if you showed up at the correct protestant or catholic church.

-I think every time I read about limits on the number of yellow people or whoever we wanted to allow into the country it looks pretty racist from modern eyes.

Racist perception stems from pure arrogance on the part of those individuals who choose a blanket reaction of racism over acquiring research and knowledge. If you had actually chosen instead to research and study our nation’s history regarding immigration, you would know that as immigrants came to Ellis Island (for example) they were required to show they had obtained certain basic skills that allowed them to be “employable” members of society. The Great Depression drastically reduced their immigration numbers to protect their own nation’s lack of employment. During World War II, the United States did not pursue immigration from Germany nor Japan, on the basis that we were a country at war. In all three instances the United States placed its own Americans first for security as well as preventing any additional burdens on the citizens of the American people. Being a burden was not simply an administrative decision in Washington DC but through the chosen lifestyle of the Americans at that time, where living off others was frowned upon as being Hobos, choosing instead a life pursuing hard work through ones own efforts.

Now simply allowing refugees that are pressing against our border, imposes a very important question. How are we going to care for thousands of refugees / illegal immigrants that simply want entry? They have no home to speak of, just the belongings they carry. Who is to care for them? Do they have any skills where they can be employable? These are all basic questions our nation would ask of immigrants coming to Ellis Island, and it was not blown off as holding a racist view. You see, individuals like yourself stop caring AFTER they cross the border. All I see from you is a response based on “emotions”, not “intellect” where someone actually had thoroughly taken any time to respond with the real answers. Lets’s try a response that includes what happens to these refugees / illegals AFTER they cross our border. It would actually demonstrate you are capable of going beyond the fifth grade level of simply calling someone racist, of whom you don’t agree with.

You hear emotion from me?

Leave menbe and I'd put a condition on their immigration.

Live in one of these city owned abandoned houses in the rust belt for a decade.

Stay out of jail.

Stay employed.

Do that and the scum of Germany can even become an American citizen. A modern Homestead Act of sorts.

The new covenant moral majority christians do things to help the modern Samaritans out of fear of eternal damnation. Not I. Over here Obamacare forced losers to pay for insurance or lose their tax return. Over here I'd apply a random 1% chance of execution for any drunk driving conviction.

You can have your kinder and gentler.

These immigrant folks are going to be your increased property demand capitalism holds dear. They are going to raise the next generation of Marines. They are going to help our economy keep up with 1.6 billion Chinese and fund our SpaceForce.

Your point is....??
Multiculturalism is not a legit defense in this case. These people are not wanting to give to this country but to take and take and take. There are hear because they have heard if they get across the border they can stay and cannot be deported and we will provide for them. Low wage earners receiving tax credits. Welfare, etc. By way of their anchor babies. So what are we to gain by letting them in??? NADA

This is all repetitive. Your biases are not special, unique or new. Since 1776 we've been claiming the next wave of immigrants was the worst that would end America.

Honestly, I do see a problem if WE refuse to assimilate them WE existing immigrant children CAN screw it up.

Honestly I do not see where it’s the Constitutional “duty” to have to accept refugees or immigrants. The laws regarding amnesty make it clear, The
alien’s life or freedom would need to be threatened on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group in order to fit the parameters of Amnesty. Amnesty is also, by law, under the discretion of the US Attorney General whether the case warrants it. Regarding immigration laws, our nation is not obligated to have to accept further immigrants if the administration feels certain circumstances require it’s limitation... as history has shown.

Did I say "Constitutional Duty"?

-I think accepting immigrants is what allowed our Manifest Destiny to populate the country.

-I think we are at full employment and if we are going to compete with the Chinese economically we need to get a more "hungry" populace

-Far as "Duty" goes I think the moral majority knows we live under the "New Covenant" now and how you treat your Samaritans is going to be a bigger factor in deciding if you make it past St Peter's gate than if you showed up at the correct protestant or catholic church.

-I think every time I read about limits on the number of yellow people or whoever we wanted to allow into the country it looks pretty racist from modern eyes.

Racist perception stems from pure arrogance on the part of those individuals who choose a blanket reaction of racism over acquiring research and knowledge. If you had actually chosen instead to research and study our nation’s history regarding immigration, you would know that as immigrants came to Ellis Island (for example) they were required to show they had obtained certain basic skills that allowed them to be “employable” members of society. The Great Depression drastically reduced their immigration numbers to protect their own nation’s lack of employment. During World War II, the United States did not pursue immigration from Germany nor Japan, on the basis that we were a country at war. In all three instances the United States placed its own Americans first for security as well as preventing any additional burdens on the citizens of the American people. Being a burden was not simply an administrative decision in Washington DC but through the chosen lifestyle of the Americans at that time, where living off others was frowned upon as being Hobos, choosing instead a life pursuing hard work through ones own efforts.

Now simply allowing refugees that are pressing against our border, imposes a very important question. How are we going to care for thousands of refugees / illegal immigrants that simply want entry? They have no home to speak of, just the belongings they carry. Who is to care for them? Do they have any skills where they can be employable? These are all basic questions our nation would ask of immigrants coming to Ellis Island, and it was not blown off as holding a racist view. You see, individuals like yourself stop caring AFTER they cross the border. All I see from you is a response based on “emotions”, not “intellect” where someone actually had thoroughly taken any time to respond with the real answers. Lets’s try a response that includes what happens to these refugees / illegals AFTER they cross our border. It would actually demonstrate you are capable of going beyond the fifth grade level of simply calling someone racist, of whom you don’t agree with.

You hear emotion from me?

Leave menbe and I'd put a condition on their immigration.

Live in one of these city owned abandoned houses in the rust belt for a decade.

Stay out of jail.

Stay employed.

Do that and the scum of Germany can even become an American citizen. A modern Homestead Act of sorts.

The new covenant moral majority christians do things to help the modern Samaritans out of fear of eternal damnation. Not I. Over here Obamacare forced losers to pay for insurance or lose their tax return. Over here I'd apply a random 1% chance of execution for any drunk driving conviction.

You can have your kinder and gentler.

These immigrant folks are going to be your increased property demand capitalism holds dear. They are going to raise the next generation of Marines. They are going to help our economy keep up with 1.6 billion Chinese and fund our SpaceForce.

Actually, to say “Live in one of these city owned abandoned houses“ is another example of views that are more “emotionally driven”. “They are going to raise the next generation of Marines“ - emotion. . Also referring to Germans as scumbags could possibly be viewed as a form of hatred racism. That’s actually no different than if you compared ALL immigrants coming up from Mexico as criminals.

You can have all the emotion and all the best intention, but at some point you have to be confronted with reality. Once these refugees cross that border into the United States,

1) HOW do you expect that we as American citizens should care for them? They don’t have a home, while their whole livelyhood is on their back.

2)Do they have the skills needed to obtain a job and become successful in the United States?

3) We already have homeless veterans in this country, then there are those on welfare which LIVE off of government support. So where is all this funding for supplies and housing going to come from? Are you suggesting we cut back on welfare to make room for all these additional refugees whom we DON’T KNOW are employable with skills to obtain work.

This is where emotion with all the well wishing ends, and wisdom through REALITY begins. Once again, your emotions drive you to wanting to just get them in, and all your efforts STOP once they cross that border. You have no plan, you can’t answer any question posed to you regarding to what happens when they do enter this country.

As far as “Good Samaritan”, that’s just one card that’s pulled out of a deck to attempt to play at someone’s “heart strings” - again emotion driven. Democrats were the ones who fought to create Separation of Church and State in this country. We don’t need religion, they say, as well as progresses don’t believe in the open practice of religion. So it’s very hypocritical to speak about faith, Jesus, and the Good Samaritan, while also saying religion has no place in government nor our nation’s decisions. Liberals chose that path in regards to religious beliefs, as gas as I’m concerned you live with the consequences you support. In short, I could care less what Democrats believe Jesus should do. Either you are for or against religion, you don’t get to pick and choose when it’s comvenient.

Forum List

Back