It's already starting

khafley said:
I was watching the O'Reily factor tonight and guess what....................

Tom Green the polygamist is now trying to get his common law marriages recognized. gee The gates of hell have been opened

Quelle surprise, Tom Green is Canadian. :rock:

this debate is silly none of this has anything to connect it to homosexuality if you want to read my reasoning look at my post on the tread meant for this argument. PS its hypocritical to love bill o'riley and they hate on some one who likes michael moores stuff. hate to break it too ya but their both silly spinner extremists the only thing that could make either worse is if they declared a crusead, or jihad on one another. and by the way i watch both bills show and mikes movies.

InfitiasFatalis said:
this debate is silly none of this has anything to connect it to homosexuality if you want to read my reasoning look at my post on the tread meant for this argument. PS its hypocritical to love bill o'riley and they hate on some one who likes michael moores stuff. hate to break it too ya but their both silly spinner extremists the only thing that could make either worse is if they declared a crusead, or jihad on one another. and by the way i watch both bills show and mikes movies.

If you watch Bill O'Reilly you obviously don't pay much attention to the show. Saying that O'Reilly and Moore do the same thing on opposite ends is ridiculous.

First of all, I have seen O'Reilly defend both John Kerry and, believe it or not, Michael Moore in the name of fairness. When O'Reilly interviews, anyone that looks at things with no bias can see that he is fair to both sides.

When O'Reilly presents his own opinion, he doesn't force that opinion with selective editing and outright lies like Michael Moore does. I also haven't heard anything about O'Reilly offering underwear to anyone that votes the way he wants them to.

lilcountriegal said:
I could be wrong, but I think we're talking about two different Tom Green's here lol. This one isnt the one that eats armhair sandwiches. :happy2:

You're probably right. Tom Green is such a loser, I just assumed it was him when I saw the name. Who is the "other" Tom Green?

nycflasher said:
Gotta take each issue as it comes.
Better to keep those Mormons all living together in far-away compounds in the hills anyway :gross2:

Gee Flasher ,
This sounds a bit like a typical biggoted liberal . You will be happy to protect the rights of devotees of Islam , guys that stuff gerbils up their ass , and perverts that mess with little children but keep those Mormons out of New York City , right? You are so typical of the "big city liberal". Why are you afraid of religious people who don't use their faith to saw off your head? Are you afraid they may take your gerbils away?
Who is the gay blade in your avatar , that isn't you is it??

Said1 said:
You're probably right. Tom Green is such a loser, I just assumed it was him when I saw the name. Who is the "other" Tom Green?

He's an infamous polygamist living in Utah (well, now in prison). He has scores of wives, some of them sisters, marrying them as young as 13. He has hoards of children with each of them, some of them on welfare. He argues that due to his Mormon religion, he should be allowed under the right of "Freedom of Religion" to have as many wives as he sees fit.

I could be wrong, but I believe he isnt in jail for polygamy, but actually sexual abuse of a minor (even tho the 13 year old was a willing participant).

Green-Tom.jpg

Here's a pretty good explanation of who/what Tom Green is. Ironically, he was "outted" as a polygamist after he appeared on the American talk show "Jerry Springer". :teeth:

link

(CBS) Tom Green is a polygamist. "Men are designed by nature to love more than one woman," he says. But he has a problem. In Utah, where he lives, polygamy is a felony, and Green faces up to 25 years in jail.

48 Hours Correspondent Troy Roberts reports on this complex case.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I've made commitments before God to be the husband to these wives and the father of these children," Green says. "And whatever penalties I may incur from doing that, I'll incur."

County prosecutor David Leavitt wants to bring charges but it is an incredibly difficult crime to prove, he says.

The crime in Utah is actually called bigamy: being married and living with another person at the same time. This spring, after months of investigation, Leavitt filed formal charges against Green: four counts of bigamy, one count of failure to pay child support and another one of taking a wife before she was legally of age, technically child rape. If Green is convicted of just the bigamy charges he could spend the next 20 years in prison.

To get around the law, Green is legally single. Although they live together as one family, Green has married - and then divorced - each of his wives. "In my heart, I'm very committed; I'm very married," he says.

Green is married to Linda, Carrie and Hannah, who are sisters, and another set of sisters, Shirley and Leanne. All married Tom Green when they were 14 or 15.

"Tom is a very exceptional man when it come to taking care of all us women," Leanne Green says. "Emotionally, physically, materially, everything. Not every man can do this."

Says Tom Green: "[The relationship] is very successful. It's easier with five."

A Web of Support
Tapestry of Polygamy helps women and children leaving polygamous communities behind.

Tom Green lives with his five wives and their 25 children in a collection of trailers cobbled together in the western Utah desert. They get by on odd jobs and public assistance. Tom Green says the arrangement works very well. "The association I have with my wives and children is really a pretty good chunk of heaven on earth," he says.

Unlike other polygamists, the Green family has not been secretive about its lifestyle. Leavitt, in fact, saw Tom Green on television admitting tbeing a polygamist. Some say this kind of behavior forced the hands of authorities.

Prosecutor David Leavitt isn't sure he can gather enough evidence against Tom Green.

But to prosecute, Leavitt needs more than a videotape. He needs one of Tom Green's wives to testify against him.

When 48 Hours first broadcast this program, Leavitt had offered immunity to some of the wives so they'd cooperate, but they refused.

Then a few weeks ago, the prosecutor served the wives with subpoenas. No matter, all five of them still say they will never testify against their husband.

"A woman should be able to marry the man she loves whether he has another wife or not," Linda Green says. "It shouldn't be against the law." She is willing to go to prison in defense of her lifestyle, she says.

Tom Green's children know how much is at stake. "Why should our father go to jail?" asks one of his daughters. "I mean, what's it like when you're little, having no father?" Leavitt himself is unsure what would happen to the Green children if he went to jail.

Last week, the judge ordered Tom Green to stand trial on charges of child rape and failure to pay child support. But he put off deciding whether to try him on bigamy charges.

For his part, Tom Green admits that he is not fearless about his future. "I'm afraid of not being here for my family when they need me."

lilcountriegal said:
(even tho the 13 year old was a willing participant).

I've seen some really developed 13 year old girls. But they are still children and they have minds of a child. Thirteen year olds don't know what they want.

Joz said:
I've seen some really developed 13 year old girls. But they are still children and they have minds of a child. Thirteen year olds don't know what they want.

Tell me about it (Still feels like a 13 year old every time i see a woman)

Forum List

Back