It's already fading away ..............

JKVegas

Dec 19, 2012
And it's been one week.

Within two months, Sandy Hook will be mentioned less often than what President's Day sales are occuring. Or which sit-com TBS is re-running. Or who's playing in the Super Bowl.

This is the real indictment of our society.

The attention span of a housefly.

Very soon, this tragedy, like Columbine, V Tech and Aurora, will only be mentioned when the NEXT one occurs.

WHY are we so desensitized?

I will bring this subject up in a month or so, and be accused of beating a dead horse.

Do you think that the entire nation is going to mourn forever? This is something worth dwelling on? Have you ever gone to a funeral of someone in another family? You go to the funeral, pay your respects then go home and do the laundry. The family of the deceased grieves forever. If it's not your family, you don't.

My husband passed away two years ago December 10th. The only one that hasn't moved on is me. Everyone else has just gone on living their lives as if nothing ever happened.

I agree there's a "moving on" to occur.

But these days, it happens too fast.

And it's been one week.

Within two months, Sandy Hook will be mentioned less often than what President's Day sales are occuring. Or which sit-com TBS is re-running. Or who's playing in the Super Bowl.

This is the real indictment of our society.

The attention span of a housefly.

Very soon, this tragedy, like Columbine, V Tech and Aurora, will only be mentioned when the NEXT one occurs.

WHY are we so desensitized?

I will bring this subject up in a month or so, and be accused of beating a dead horse.

I'm watching the movie "Savages"....

I agree there's a "moving on" to occur.

But these days, it happens too fast.

A number of foundations and sites to make donations to Sandy Hook have been set up.

I can't imagine how the community will heal and return to its new normal but I don't think being a perpetual focus for the nation would be healthy or make things better for anyone.

The school superintendent said that many parents and teachers never want to set foot in the school building again. I suppose they need to immediately address that issue and many others.

Finally. For the last week everything on my tv has been interrupted, delayed, postponed or displaced by the same repeating crap. Half of which isn't even correct. Between that and 28 showings of A Christmas Story I am going nuts.

They buried the rifle in the trunk thing brilliantly though.

Forum List

Back