It's all about the people

There's no reason why we can't think of ourselves as Germans, Russians, Africans, Christians, Jews, Muslims and as a single human species. Isn't that supposed to be one of the main ideas behind the US? That you can be black, white, jew, christian, etc. but still be an American? This guy just wants to take it one step further.

Uh-huh. And that step further amounts to mob rule.

Last edited:
You do realize that the original meanings of the word U-Topia means a place that does NOT exist, right?

The best explanation for why mankind is incapable of creating a fair and just society is an old old OLD story.

The Christians call the problem, ORIGINAL SIN.

The Atheists just say that we're BAD MONKEYS.

Same thing really.

Our world, today, is not in great shape. We are plagued with killing each other in wars, pollution is on the rise, and global warming is a growing problem. We have people living lives of luxury, as people halfway around the world and even on the streets we live on, beg for spare change just to eat. Leaders, lawmakers, and other people of power live the most lavish lifestyles of all their subjects. Global security is achieved through a terrible project known as MAD, or Mutually Assured Destruction. It’s pathetic; we saved ourselves by threatening to kill ourselves. How does society look lie this? This is what happens when you step outside society and sit on the sidelines, silently observing. This is what I have done, and I believe there is only one solution that will help the human race advance further and faster than we could possibly imagine. I propose a unified world, where we view each other not at Germans, Russians, Africans, Christians, Jews, Muslims as well as countless others, but as a species living in harmony to achieve greatness. All governments would come together to form a globally united community. There would not be several hundred nations where the powerful ones can override the lesser nations, but there would be one nation, Earth. All current nations, pooling their resources together, create a powerful economy with a unified currency and a powerful military, capable of quelling all groups who infringe the people’s rights. Instead of spending money on creating weapons to kill each other, that money could go to curing diseases and expanding the influence of the human race. Am I talking about throwing away religion? Taking away what makes us individual? No. Religions may be an acceptable part of our society. However, religious leaders will be treated as members of the general population. Religions maybe altered so that they do not infringe on anyone’s rights or jeopardize global security. Different regions can still generate their own culture, but they cannot contradict any worldwide laws. I propose no borders, passports or customs. We will all be citizens of one nation, united under a large democratic government, heavily influenced by the people. Welfare programs would be put into place to improve the condition of living for all. This powerful government is capable of quickly reacting to any major issue, should one arise. The government would be for the people, doing its best to improve their lifestyles, and allowing each human being to be able to wake up each morning and not be in fear of their lives. The people are what is comes down to, and I believe that a unified human race could be capable of achieving things we only dream of today. Yes, it will be a difficult transition, but I believe the results are worth it. So now I ask you the people, are you willing to take on the challenge of creating a unified world, a unified species, to achieve global security and, in the end, or wildest dreams?
Does this sound appealing?

No. It sounds like a totalitarian wet dream.

Who sets the rules? If it's majority rule you might not like the outcome.

The rules would be set by the people, written by the people. Someone could write a draft, and make changes that the people want. No one will be happy 24/7, but it might be more efficient than killing each other or getting nothing done.

Let me guess. You are a college freshman or sophmore who just took some intro to poli sci or intro to philosophy class. I bet you are reading about utopian thought and philosophy or marxisim. What till you grow up and see how the work really works. :cuckoo:

That's rather insulting, but no I'm not.

Okay then you watched the entire Star Trek The Next Generation box set?

The world is full of people who have too many diverse desires to ever achieve anything. For example if it was me I would not vote for anything that was not a Christian based government. I would guess you would have a real hard time getting Muslims to agree to government with out the Koran.

You should not waste your time on unattainable dreams and concentrate on making the best with what we have.

That is exactly what the Bible says, and why the people want it.They will buy into it hook,line and sinker.
It will be ruled by one President- a dictator in disguise. Promising all kinds of things and then turns the tables to complete totalitarianism.
It will not work and in 7 short years it's going to go down in flames.
7 years ? I better buy a popcorn factory !

It is not about the people it is all about the money.
always has been. Even in the Bible there were many cases where you could buy your way out of punishment, etc.

Last edited:
Okay then you watched the entire Star Trek The Next Generation box set?

The world is full of people who have too many diverse desires to ever achieve anything. For example if it was me I would not vote for anything that was not a Christian based government. I would guess you would have a real hard time getting Muslims to agree to government with out the Koran.

You should not waste your time on unattainable dreams and concentrate on making the best with what we have.[/QUOTE]

Again, no. Besides, you prefer the current system? Killing each other, huge debets, not being able to get anything done. We all hear the stories. Muslum woman gets her nose cut off, christian extremeist goes on a shooting rampage at an abortion clinic. That's what we're trying to get rid of. Your leaving our mistakes for our children to take care of. Do you know how wrong that is? It takes people like me to analyze the current system and try to fix it so our children will have one less problem to deal with. It's not a "waste of time" it's "aiming for tommrow."

It is not about the people it is all about the money.
always has been. Even in the Bible there were many cases where you could buy your way out of punishment, etc.

This is designed to get more money to the people.

Forum List

Back