It's all about the people

Volatire

Rookie
Jun 10, 2011
Our world, today, is not in great shape. We are plagued with killing each other in wars, pollution is on the rise, and global warming is a growing problem. We have people living lives of luxury, as people halfway around the world and even on the streets we live on, beg for spare change just to eat. Leaders, lawmakers, and other people of power live the most lavish lifestyles of all their subjects. Global security is achieved through a terrible project known as MAD, or Mutually Assured Destruction. It’s pathetic; we saved ourselves by threatening to kill ourselves. How does society look lie this? This is what happens when you step outside society and sit on the sidelines, silently observing. This is what I have done, and I believe there is only one solution that will help the human race advance further and faster than we could possibly imagine. I propose a unified world, where we view each other not at Germans, Russians, Africans, Christians, Jews, Muslims as well as countless others, but as a species living in harmony to achieve greatness. All governments would come together to form a globally united community. There would not be several hundred nations where the powerful ones can override the lesser nations, but there would be one nation, Earth. All current nations, pooling their resources together, create a powerful economy with a unified currency and a powerful military, capable of quelling all groups who infringe the people’s rights. Instead of spending money on creating weapons to kill each other, that money could go to curing diseases and expanding the influence of the human race. Am I talking about throwing away religion? Taking away what makes us individual? No. Religions may be an acceptable part of our society. However, religious leaders will be treated as members of the general population. Religions maybe altered so that they do not infringe on anyone’s rights or jeopardize global security. Different regions can still generate their own culture, but they cannot contradict any worldwide laws. I propose no borders, passports or customs. We will all be citizens of one nation, united under a large democratic government, heavily influenced by the people. Welfare programs would be put into place to improve the condition of living for all. This powerful government is capable of quickly reacting to any major issue, should one arise. The government would be for the people, doing its best to improve their lifestyles, and allowing each human being to be able to wake up each morning and not be in fear of their lives. The people are what is comes down to, and I believe that a unified human race could be capable of achieving things we only dream of today. Yes, it will be a difficult transition, but I believe the results are worth it. So now I ask you the people, are you willing to take on the challenge of creating a unified world, a unified species, to achieve global security and, in the end, or wildest dreams?
Does this sound appealing?

Isn't it sad that the only species on the planet that knows the difference between right and wrong willingly chooses wrong time after time.

And I doubt we'll be around long enough to achieve anything approaching the kind of world suggested in the OP.

Our world, today, is not in great shape. We are plagued with killing each other in wars, pollution is on the rise, and global warming is a growing problem. We have people living lives of luxury, as people halfway around the world and even on the streets we live on, beg for spare change just to eat. Leaders, lawmakers, and other people of power live the most lavish lifestyles of all their subjects. Global security is achieved through a terrible project known as MAD, or Mutually Assured Destruction. It’s pathetic; we saved ourselves by threatening to kill ourselves. How does society look lie this? This is what happens when you step outside society and sit on the sidelines, silently observing. This is what I have done, and I believe there is only one solution that will help the human race advance further and faster than we could possibly imagine. I propose a unified world, where we view each other not at Germans, Russians, Africans, Christians, Jews, Muslims as well as countless others, but as a species living in harmony to achieve greatness. All governments would come together to form a globally united community. There would not be several hundred nations where the powerful ones can override the lesser nations, but there would be one nation, Earth. All current nations, pooling their resources together, create a powerful economy with a unified currency and a powerful military, capable of quelling all groups who infringe the people’s rights. Instead of spending money on creating weapons to kill each other, that money could go to curing diseases and expanding the influence of the human race. Am I talking about throwing away religion? Taking away what makes us individual? No. Religions may be an acceptable part of our society. However, religious leaders will be treated as members of the general population. Religions maybe altered so that they do not infringe on anyone’s rights or jeopardize global security. Different regions can still generate their own culture, but they cannot contradict any worldwide laws. I propose no borders, passports or customs. We will all be citizens of one nation, united under a large democratic government, heavily influenced by the people. Welfare programs would be put into place to improve the condition of living for all. This powerful government is capable of quickly reacting to any major issue, should one arise. The government would be for the people, doing its best to improve their lifestyles, and allowing each human being to be able to wake up each morning and not be in fear of their lives. The people are what is comes down to, and I believe that a unified human race could be capable of achieving things we only dream of today. Yes, it will be a difficult transition, but I believe the results are worth it. So now I ask you the people, are you willing to take on the challenge of creating a unified world, a unified species, to achieve global security and, in the end, or wildest dreams?

No, no it doesn't.

That is exactly what the Bible says, and why the people want it.They will buy into it hook,line and sinker.
It will be ruled by one President- a dictator in disguise. Promising all kinds of things and then turns the tables to complete totalitarianism.
It will not work and in 7 short years it's going to go down in flames.

Im sorry, maybe im just suffering from a short attention span but I can't read anything not separated in paragraph form right now. If you want to edit the post so it's organized and coherent so that people can read and understand it, that's fine. Or if you want to sum it up thats fine too. I just am not going to try to translate that.

Im sorry, maybe im just suffering from a short attention span but I can't read anything not separated in paragraph form right now. If you want to edit the post so it's organized and coherent so that people can read and understand it, that's fine. Or if you want to sum it up thats fine too. I just am not going to try to translate that.

Yes, it was a bit hard to read. Please, OP, no offense at all, but it would just be easier to read also if it was broken down in paragraphs, etc, tyvm!

Let me guess. You are a college freshman or sophmore who just took some intro to poli sci or intro to philosophy class. I bet you are reading about utopian thought and philosophy or marxisim. What till you grow up and see how the work really works. :cuckoo:

That is exactly what the Bible says, and why the people want it.They will buy into it hook,line and sinker.
It will be ruled by one President- a dictator in disguise. Promising all kinds of things and then turns the tables to complete totalitarianism.
It will not work and in 7 short years it's going to go down in flames.

The Anti Christ?

Our world, today, is not in great shape. We are plagued with killing each other in wars, pollution is on the rise, and global warming is a growing problem. We have people living lives of luxury, as people halfway around the world and even on the streets we live on, beg for spare change just to eat. Leaders, lawmakers, and other people of power live the most lavish lifestyles of all their subjects. Global security is achieved through a terrible project known as MAD, or Mutually Assured Destruction. It’s pathetic; we saved ourselves by threatening to kill ourselves. How does society look lie this? This is what happens when you step outside society and sit on the sidelines, silently observing. This is what I have done, and I believe there is only one solution that will help the human race advance further and faster than we could possibly imagine. I propose a unified world, where we view each other not at Germans, Russians, Africans, Christians, Jews, Muslims as well as countless others, but as a species living in harmony to achieve greatness. All governments would come together to form a globally united community. There would not be several hundred nations where the powerful ones can override the lesser nations, but there would be one nation, Earth. All current nations, pooling their resources together, create a powerful economy with a unified currency and a powerful military, capable of quelling all groups who infringe the people’s rights. Instead of spending money on creating weapons to kill each other, that money could go to curing diseases and expanding the influence of the human race.

Am I talking about throwing away religion? Taking away what makes us individual? No. Religions may be an acceptable part of our society. However, religious leaders will be treated as members of the general population. Religions maybe altered so that they do not infringe on anyone’s rights or jeopardize global security. Different regions can still generate their own culture, but they cannot contradict any worldwide laws. I propose no borders, passports or customs. We will all be citizens of one nation, united under a large democratic government, heavily influenced by the people. Welfare programs would be put into place to improve the condition of living for all. This powerful government is capable of quickly reacting to any major issue, should one arise.

The government would be for the people, doing its best to improve their lifestyles, and allowing each human being to be able to wake up each morning and not be in fear of their lives. The people are what is comes down to, and I believe that a unified human race could be capable of achieving things we only dream of today. Yes, it will be a difficult transition, but I believe the results are worth it. So now I ask you the people, are you willing to take on the challenge of creating a unified world, a unified species, to achieve global security and, in the end, or wildest dreams?

Basically, a unified world. To point our a few things, who said it would be ruled by one leader? Something more UN based would most likely because yes, one person controlling all is crazy.

Last edited:
Let me guess. You are a college freshman or sophmore who just took some intro to poli sci or intro to philosophy class. I bet you are reading about utopian thought and philosophy or marxisim. What till you grow up and see how the work really works. :cuckoo:

That's rather insulting, but no I'm not.

Our world, today, is not in great shape. We are plagued with killing each other in wars, pollution is on the rise, and global warming is a growing problem. We have people living lives of luxury, as people halfway around the world and even on the streets we live on, beg for spare change just to eat. Leaders, lawmakers, and other people of power live the most lavish lifestyles of all their subjects. Global security is achieved through a terrible project known as MAD, or Mutually Assured Destruction. It’s pathetic; we saved ourselves by threatening to kill ourselves. How does society look lie this? This is what happens when you step outside society and sit on the sidelines, silently observing. This is what I have done, and I believe there is only one solution that will help the human race advance further and faster than we could possibly imagine. I propose a unified world, where we view each other not at Germans, Russians, Africans, Christians, Jews, Muslims as well as countless others, but as a species living in harmony to achieve greatness. All governments would come together to form a globally united community. There would not be several hundred nations where the powerful ones can override the lesser nations, but there would be one nation, Earth. All current nations, pooling their resources together, create a powerful economy with a unified currency and a powerful military, capable of quelling all groups who infringe the people’s rights. Instead of spending money on creating weapons to kill each other, that money could go to curing diseases and expanding the influence of the human race.

Am I talking about throwing away religion? Taking away what makes us individual? No. Religions may be an acceptable part of our society. However, religious leaders will be treated as members of the general population. Religions maybe altered so that they do not infringe on anyone’s rights or jeopardize global security. Different regions can still generate their own culture, but they cannot contradict any worldwide laws. I propose no borders, passports or customs. We will all be citizens of one nation, united under a large democratic government, heavily influenced by the people. Welfare programs would be put into place to improve the condition of living for all. This powerful government is capable of quickly reacting to any major issue, should one arise.

The government would be for the people, doing its best to improve their lifestyles, and allowing each human being to be able to wake up each morning and not be in fear of their lives. The people are what is comes down to, and I believe that a unified human race could be capable of achieving things we only dream of today. Yes, it will be a difficult transition, but I believe the results are worth it. So now I ask you the people, are you willing to take on the challenge of creating a unified world, a unified species, to achieve global security and, in the end, or wildest dreams?

Basically, a unified world. To point our a few things, who said it would be ruled by one leader? Something more UN based would most likely because yes, one person controlling all is crazy.

As a species, we're not nearly evolved enough for that to happen.

First, we need to get rid of race and religion.

Why would anyone want to let a corrupt organization like the UN rule or control anything?

Why would you want anyone controlling you?

And how do you propose to unify the entire world when we, as a society, struggle to keep families unified?

There's no reason why we can't think of ourselves as Germans, Russians, Africans, Christians, Jews, Muslims and as a single human species. Isn't that supposed to be one of the main ideas behind the US? That you can be black, white, jew, christian, etc. but still be an American? This guy just wants to take it one step further.

Most everyone accepts to some degree a "human identity" shared with all humanity, it's just not a particularly strong one for most people vis-a-vis national, ethnic, or religious identity because there's no real "opposition" for it to be nurtured around. I mean, there's you know, animals, and the elements, it used to be "the Gods," whatever, but these things just don't force us to come together nor present a credible level of threat to most people - or only do so in a passing, abstract way.

If there was some great 'Other' sentient identity that competes with humanity (think hostile aliens or something), you can bet your ass we'd all be thinking of ourselves relatively more as a single human community rather than gripping to our narrower identities. As long as that isn't the case, we can say people like Volatire are just dreamers (but they're not the only ones! asoidhaspdoiashpdoai)

As far as the practicalities of a One World Government are concerned, it's a mixed bag. I don't see why anyone would assume that such a thing would be definitely better or worse than any other particular government today. Why would that be the case? Because it's bigger? One could argue that, being the only one, there would be no other thing to keep it in check, but one could also argue that at least there would be no war. I personally don't know, it could be better, it could be worse - either way we're centuries from any of that and it's a little pointless to think about it lest you want to dabble in science fiction.

The best form of government is that which keeps most control nearest to the people. And why should we entertain a government that does not provide the protection of our Constitution when it's the best organized for freedom on earth?

Why would anyone want to let a corrupt organization like the UN rule or control anything?

Why would you want anyone controlling you?

And how do you propose to unify the entire world when we, as a society, struggle to keep families unified?

Like I said, it won't be easy. There would be bloodshed, no matter what. The system of government would need a sort of checks and balance system. But as always, the people would keep a close watch and throw out anyone who was identified to be corrupt or becoming to powerful. In a way, we are being controlled. Most of us pay taxes and are law abiding citizens. Did I mention a dictatorship? Communist society where we are told when and where to work? No. A special form of government would be required to make sure one person doesn't get too much power.

Forum List

Back