It's all about me

I got good news, and I got bad news. Good news is we didn't have to euthanize our cat. The bad news is she died in my arms on the way to the vet.

She's now buried in the back yard under our big tree.

Rest in peace Tiger.

Really, that is the best way. My condolences and may the good memories win out!

I got good news, and I got bad news. Good news is we didn't have to euthanize our cat. The bad news is she died in my arms on the way to the vet.

She's now buried in the back yard under our big tree.

Rest in peace Tiger.

Ah, at least she died in your arms Shelia!

RIP Tiger! :(

So, went to the doctor yesterday...yep same old back trouble. He gave me a happy shot. Pain was gone. I felt great for several hours. Now it hurts again, I want another happy shot....

No meowing this morning to wake me up...no cat hairs on my clothes and I can wear the clothes I don't normally wear because she snags them. I miss my kitty. :(

Tried to tell my husband that a kitten would make my back feel better...he didn't buy it. Think I'm gonna have to hire someone to let a mouse loose in the house, that was my excuse for getting Tiger in the first place.

sheila-

So sorry to hear of your health problems and the loss of your kitty. My cat right now is in front of me trying to eat my spaghetti.

My old kitty died in my arms too. I wrote a poem about her. One of these days I'll post it.

I think it would make you cry today, and I don't know if that's a help or a harm.

sheila-

So sorry to hear of your health problems and the loss of your kitty. My cat right now is in front of me trying to eat my spaghetti.

My old kitty died in my arms too. I wrote a poem about her. One of these days I'll post it.

I think it would make you cry today, and I don't know if that's a help or a harm.

She hasn't been herself for a couple of months now. I've been agonizing over the decision of when to take her in to be put down. I guess we couldn't have timed it better. She died in my arms before we even got to the vet. I didn't know it until they went to weigh her and I said, "Wait a minute...I think she's gone.." They had to get the doctor in to tell me there was no heart beat. Talk about timimg, they never even charged me for the appointment.

My dog is getting up there in years too, I'm hoping Snoopy goes as easily as Tiger did.

She hasn't been herself for a couple of months now. I've been agonizing over the decision of when to take her in to be put down. I guess we couldn't have timed it better. She died in my arms before we even got to the vet. I didn't know it until they went to weigh her and I said, "Wait a minute...I think she's gone.." They had to get the doctor in to tell me there was no heart beat. Talk about timimg, they never even charged me for the appointment.

My dog is getting up there in years too, I'm hoping Snoopy goes as easily as Tiger did.

The world's worst pet dying in my life was my old dog Charlie, who died while I was in long term Buddhist retreat at home.

Buddhists do not euthanize our pets-especially when we are in retreat.

Charlie went slowly--just like a human being. All faculties started to fail, one at a time. It was agonizing to open my heart to his suffering--even though we did every palliative care method-including pain shots--known to man or beast.

Charlie taught me something about euthanasia that I'll share. It's of course, my experience and I don't expect anyone else to come to this conclusion.

No matter how bad things got for that dog--HE WANTED TO KEEP GOING. He had a strong spirit and wouldn't give up. HE wanted to live--and he didn't seem to care the quality of life for him was declining. He was quite attached to me, and he had a good life with us.

I'll spare you the gory details of what he went through but I saw clearly that it was MY suffering-- My helplessness that wanted to put Charlie down. I was only able to see that when euthanasia was taken off the table as an option.

It's of course, always a personal decision in a family--what to do when its that time--but I consider it a great blessing for you that your darling kitty died naturally in your arms.

Buddhists pray and make offerings for deceased including animals for 49 days after dying. I'll keep your kitty in my prayers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The world's worst pet dying in my life was my old dog Charlie, who died while I was in long term Buddhist retreat at home.

Buddhists do not euthanize our pets-especially when we are in retreat.

Charlie went slowing--just like a human being. All faculties started to fail, one at a time. It was agonizing to open my heart to his suffering--even though we did every palliative care method-including pain shots--known to man or beast.

Charlie taught me something about euthanasia that I'll share. It's of course, my experience and I don't expect anyone else to come to this conclusion.

No matter how bad things got for that dog--HE WANTED TO KEEP GOING. He had a strong spirit and wouldn't give up.

I'll spare you the gory details of what he went through but I saw clearly that it was MY suffering-- My helplessness that wanted to put Charlie down. I was only able to see that when euthanasia was taken off the table as an option.

It's of course, always a personal decision in a family--what to do when its that time--but I consider it a great blessing for you that your darling kitty died naturally in your arms.

Buddhists pray and make offerings for deceased including animals for 49 days after dying. I'll keep your kitty in my prayers.

I don't believe in a pet suffering. It's hurt her for awhile for me to pet her even then I couldn't make the decision. But when she didn't eat anything we put in front of her, not even tuna fish, and she was breathing like a fish, we knew it was time. I'm glad she went in my arms but I hope I made the right decision in waiting as long as I did.

I don't grieve for animals like I do people, it's just not my way. I do grieve though and there is a special place under the tree out back for Tiger. We have another place picked out in the yard for Snoopy. Now that's going to be a challenge, Snoopy is a big dog and our soil is rock solid.

Now I want another kitty, but my husband says no. I tried to tell him it would make my back feel better, but he didn't buy it. I'm considering having someone release a mouse in the house, that was my excuse for getting Tiger 20 years ago...it should work again, don't you think?

Absolutely Sheila. Get another kitty right away. It will help your back.

Tell him if he won't you'll run off with your lesbian internet friend. Or sell him on the benefits to him of your back getting better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back