It's all about educaton!

R

rdean

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Jobs Hard To Fill Amid Massive Layoffs

Yet even with 15 million people hunting for work, even with the unemployment rate nearing 10 percent, some employers can't find enough qualified people for good-paying career jobs.

--------------

This is what I've been saying for a while. It's all about education. Can someone explain to me why I'm wrong?

General Motors Recalls 1,000 Workers In Ohio

AP: Some U.S. Areas Show Signs Of Recovery

The problem: Some idiots thought a piece of paper can actually tell you that someone is qualified in place of a real work ethic.

Yet even with 15 million people hunting for work, even with the unemployment rate nearing 10 percent, some employers can't find enough qualified people for good-paying career jobs.

--------------

This is what I've been saying for a while. It's all about education. Can someone explain to me why I'm wrong?

The problem: Some idiots thought a piece of paper can actually tell you that someone is qualified in place of a real work ethic.

Does it matter how hard you work if you don't know what you are doing?

--------------

Does it matter how hard you work if you don't know what you are doing?

Yes. Hard workers are easier to train for the specific job, no matter how much training you get prior the new job is always different. Hard workers tend to put quality over quantity and are more interested in getting it right instead of expecting more money for something than they are worth. Hard workers don't sit around during their work day typing on message boards unless they are self employed.

It's all about educaton!
It's wrong because you're an ignoramus.
Rab, thanks for your opinion. I will make one, too.

I am making an educated guess (I crack myself up!) that those with higher education levels are losing their jobs at far less per capita averages than those without a high school degree, high school degree, or some college.

It's all about educaton!

I am making an educated guess (I crack myself up!) that those with higher education levels are losing their jobs at far less per capita averages than those without a high school degree, high school degree, or some college.

Sure they are ... :cuckoo:

Without the factory workers there is no company, without the company the "higher" educated workers have no jobs either. ;)

I am unsurprised by this article, as there is a growing disconnect between the skills of the American workforce and the demands of the labor market. You can't throw a factory lineman into a clinical lab or a power plant and expect him to have any idea what he is doing, let alone perform well!

Qualifications exist for a reason.

It's all about educaton!

There he goes, Jake, King of the Unsubstianted Statement. Another stinking pile of shit masquerading as a post.
In fact seniority probably plays a much larger role than education level. That and the area of the economy someone works in.

Yes. Hard workers are easier to train for the specific job, no matter how much training you get prior the new job is always different. Hard workers tend to put quality over quantity and are more interested in getting it right instead of expecting more money for something than they are worth. Hard workers don't sit around during their work day typing on message boards unless they are self employed.

Hard workers can't learn calculus overnight...

Hard workers can't learn calculus overnight...

Many can, I did.

Hell, I'm a high school dropout. What I learned without schooling:

Programming computers in assembly (6 months to learn), C (two years to learn), and Java (3 months to learn). Web development (on going process that never ends). Network engineering (on going again). Celestial mechanics. Chaos theory. Theological studies including christian, ancient, and modern-pagan religions (though so I could figure out which was right for me it still counts). Sewing and knitting (I was too young to remember how long that took). Survival skills (taught by my dad). Electronic design, theory, application, and even some mechanical engineering (we know that's on going). .... and the list goes on and on. My specialty (and current career) network engineering, though I want to go back to being a chef someday.

Programming computers in assembly (6 months to learn), C (two years to learn), and Java (3 months to learn). Web development (on going process that never ends). Network engineering (on going again). Celestial mechanics. Chaos theory. Theological studies including christian, ancient, and modern-pagan religions (though so I could figure out which was right for me it still counts). Sewing and knitting (I was too young to remember how long that took). Survival skills (taught by my dad). Electronic design, theory, application, and even some mechanical engineering (we know that's on going). .... and the list goes on and on. My specialty (and current career) network engineering, though I want to go back to being a chef someday.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

:clap2: :clap2:

Self motivation and hard work can make anybody successful.
Hell, I have no formal education in Information Tech, but I work in IT for a Fortune 500 company.

--------------

And oddly enough, earning that piece of paper can be a real indication of said "work ethic".

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Actually, I have mastered network engineering (the "official" title), programming was my hobby which forced me to learn many sciences (artificial intelligence requires a lot of various mathematics). The rest were just because I wanted to.

--------------

And oddly enough, earning that piece of paper can be a real indication of said "work ethic".

If this is "work ethics" to you, you need to try some manual labor for a decade first:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-pXt7IdXXg]YouTube - Dorm Life Episode 211 - The Frat Party[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shT3bVOUGuw[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipSvZMQ5rRU]YouTube - Z-ro performs at University of Texas Frat Party[/ame]

So why isn't every high-school dropout a master programmer? You're the exception that proves the rule.

If this is "work ethics" to you, you need to try some manual labor for a decade first:

1. Don't believe everything you see on TV. The lives of your average college students make for boring programming.

2. Even at Greek-friendly schools, Greeks are a small fraction of the student body.

3. In my 4 years at University, I attended exactly three crazy parties, and I was not unique.

Forum List

Back