It's actually much worse than you think

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Climate change has passed the point-of-no-return.

Deforestation, toxins in the earth and ground water, depletions of fresh water, rising populations, and diminishing resources, nuclear weapon proliferation, rise of religious fundamentalism around the globe, and multiple overdue catastrophic enviromental disasters like Yellowstone's supervolcano, California's megaquake, Washington state's slip-thrust faultline and tsunami, and on n on.

Human race doesn't have much time left.

Why have those who are supposedly "in the know" failed to inform everyone. Are they invested in keeping us in the dark ?

Deforestation, toxins in the earth and ground water, depletions of fresh water, rising populations, and diminishing resources, nuclear weapon proliferation, rise of religious fundamentalism around the globe, and multiple overdue catastrophic enviromental disasters like Yellowstone's supervolcano, California's megaquake, Washington state's slip-thrust faultline and tsunami, and on n on.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

News is entertainment. Doesn't show 1% of what's really going on around the world. It's the jingled keys used to distract and entertain a baby.

It will be what it will be - we're not going anywhere for a while....

But, as a Christian, I have a different take on it entirely anyway....

Theist's "it's all right, either God will save us and make everythign perfect forever" or "Heaven's better anyway." is precisely what's to blame for things.

Why protect the earth when it's just temporary and heaven's our real home?

Theist's "it's all right, either God will save us and make everythign perfect forever" or "Heaven's better anyway." is precisely what's to blame for things.

God does want us to care for the Earth, but, as to it's ultimate demise, that is only determined by God.
I do agree we should take care of what is given to us as a place to live.

God does want us to care for the Earth, but, as to it's ultimate demise, that is only determined by God.

Should regard willful destruction of the enviroment, pollution, etc. as crimes against humanity since that's exactly what it is. Should make defense of the earth an affirmitive defense to murder, assault, and property destruction so eco-"terrorists" can saves the rest of us from the few who see no farther than the tips of their noses.

I'd shed no tears for someone murdering someone else for clear-cutting, dumping toxic wastes into the sea, or anything else like that. Seem to care an awful lot when some psycho murders a bunch of little kids with an assault weapon, yet don't have that same reaction when companies dump toxins into a river which flows into lakes children likely swim in. That doesn't make any sense. If industry can only function by way of polluting the enviroment, then that's an industry that needs to be banned. We need to start thinking long-term and quit worrying about however many jobs if those jobs are killing us over the long haul.

Why have those who are supposedly "in the know" failed to inform everyone. Are they invested in keeping us in the dark ?

You've been informed. How dya think I know about? Never been in a lab in my life. This isn't news that's being kept secret. It's more likely just too depressing and panic-inducing to widely distribute. Or, more likely, because the solutions to the problems negatively impact the status quo's profit margins, no one wants to see it on page 1 every day.

Should regard willful destruction of the enviroment, pollution, etc. as crimes against humanity since that's exactly what it is. Should make defense of the earth an affirmitive defense to murder, assault, and property destruction so eco-"terrorists" can saves the rest of us from the few who see no farther than the tips of their noses.

I'd shed no tears for someone murdering someone else for clear-cutting, dumping toxic wastes into the sea, or anything else like that. Seem to care an awful lot when some psycho murders a bunch of little kids with an assault weapon, yet don't have that same reaction when companies dump toxins into a river which flows into lakes children likely swim in. That doesn't make any sense. If industry can only function by way of polluting the enviroment, then that's an industry that needs to be banned. We need to start thinking long-term and quit worrying about however many jobs if those jobs are killing us over the long haul.

Do you think that people who don't recycle are of the devil?

images

You've been informed. How dya think I know about? Never been in a lab in my life. This isn't news that's being kept secret. It's more likely just too depressing and panic-inducing to widely distribute. Or, more likely, because the solutions to the problems negatively impact the status quo's profit margins, no one wants to see it on page 1 every day.

People have been preaching that the end is near for at least a couple of thousand years. They were wrong. Why is now so different and what difference does it make ?

It sure would be nice if we actually spent money on correcting deforestation, removing the toxins and other pollutants from the world. However we have a bunch of ignorant twats chasing after the chimera of a one degree drop in global temps using money that actually COULD be used to accomplish something.

Fortunately mankind has been doing OK even with you nutters proclaiming the "end of the world" for what..... two millennia now?

And you would show what a complete asshole you are if you actually maintain that position. The fact that YOU are using a computer to spew your anti technological hate demonstrates your profound hypocrisy. YOU are guilty as well. The World Court demands you remove yourself from the population!

S

This says to me its time to take action not waste time lamenting the destruction that continues.

People have been preaching that the end is near for at least a couple of thousand years. They were wrong. Why is now so different and what difference does it make ?

Those people were talking about a theological 'magical' end. This is the real deal end. Not some poofy supernatural event.

99% of all species this planet has created have gone extinct. Planet's been hit by massive asteroids, the continents have split apart, supervolcanos have erupted darn near sterilizing the planet, gamma ray bursts have hit us killing most everything on the surface, and as the scientists say, "just because there are people now, doesn't mean those events came to an end."

With GRBs at least, there's some good news. A) we can't do anything about it, and B) by the time you know about it you're already dead. So there's that. :)

Can't do anything about supervolcanos cooking off, but can plan ahead and make preparations to survive much as we would a nuclear winter.

Can't do anything about big rocks hitting the planet despite what Hollywood imagines.

If we're past the PNR for climate change, there's nothing to be done about that either. Good news here being the changes are gradual so we maybe have time to adapt, relocate populations, plan for the changes and not build in places soon to be underwater, etc.

But some things have hard decisions to be made. Like rising populations and diminishing resources. For all the grief China got, their 1 child per poilcy was a huge step in the right direction. We need something like that but globally.

Should look at whether offering financial or tax incentives to not having children is doable. No one's ever going to support eliminating people already born, but we can prevent births by incentivizing no-reproduction policies.

99% of all species this planet has created have gone extinct. Planet's been hit by massive asteroids, the continents have split apart, supervolcanos have erupted darn near sterilizing the planet, gamma ray bursts have hit us killing most everything on the surface, and as the scientists say, "just because there are people now, doesn't mean those events came to an end."

With GRBs at least, there's some good news. A) we can't do anything about it, and B) by the time you know about it you're already dead. So there's that. :)

Can't do anything about supervolcanos cooking off, but can plan ahead and make preparations to survive much as we would a nuclear winter.

Can't do anything about big rocks hitting the planet despite what Hollywood imagines.

If we're past the PNR for climate change, there's nothing to be done about that either. Good news here being the changes are gradual so we maybe have time to adapt, relocate populations, plan for the changes and not build in places soon to be underwater, etc.

But some things have hard decisions to be made. Like rising populations and diminishing resources. For all the grief China got, their 1 child per poilcy was a huge step in the right direction. We need something like that but globally.

Should look at whether offering financial or tax incentives to not having children is doable. No one's ever going to support eliminating people already born, but we can prevent births by incentivizing no-reproduction policies.

Sorry---It's too late.

Forum List

Back