It's about time...

madashell

Rookie
Jul 15, 2012
Our systems have failed. The only records our nation, and our world, have been setting in the last decade is the numbers of people who have experienced a negative paradigm shift in their quality of life financially and interpersonally. What's worse is that no one is willing to do anything real about it. No finger pointing here, just observations. We have developed a severe case of apathy and amnesia. We have forgotten that money was our creation and have stopped caring about it's purpose. We have forgotten that education is a lifestyle and stopped caring about it's purpose as well. If you allow yourself mind to openly think about what is happening now, free from the constraints of what is, a different picture can emerge and anger and rebelliousness should consume you shortly there after. I liken it to screaming at a nail to drive into a piece of wood while holding a hammer. We have forgotten who the government is and who they work for. Before you label me any sort of particular thing, know that I am probably a bit of all of them but more than any of the things I am, I am an opponent of fear. We live in an age where beauty is rewarded with comfort and praise and humility and suffering are shooed under the rug to prevent our bubble of self importance from being burst. We allow ourselves to undergo enormous amounts of personal intrusion in the name of security but can't clearly define what we are being protected from. If proper measures were applied to correct a security problem after 9/11 our intelligence communities, military advisors and many other supporting agencies would have been audited and corrected but instead the financial, emotional and mental burden of all of this was transferred to the individual, in plain sight, without so much as a harsh word. So, let's get a couple things cleared up. Life is shitty for most right now. We live in more stress, fear, poverty and panic than is acceptable at our current time in history and we are individually at fault for being apathetic and lazy in trusting that the same group of individuals who have been party to the current conditions, to fix it. It's like stealing from someone and then helping them find the thief. There is an opportunity now, right now, to change the direction of what is taking place. We live in an age where we can be with all people in all places at anytime. Most of our systems do not reflect this and we continue to quietly go along with whatever is prescribed. Look at an example solution to something talked about frequently:

War on drugs:

One possibility for a solution:
1) Legalize the USE of all drugs
2) States will manufacture all drugs
3) There will be state sponsored drug houses where users can get high safely and off the streets
4) Identify habitual users and make a database

Now, why this might seem a little odd, think about the shift that could occur. The revenues made off of drug sales no longer goes to cartels but to rehabilitation for those who want it. Also, it relieves pressure and spending on the war on drugs which has been proven to be unilaterally ineffective. This would reduce violent drug related crime. The basis of this idea is, it allows drugs to be made and controlled to a higher degree, it protects addicts and removes black markets from poor areas. It generates revenue and decreases spending on an old outdated idea. The database can be used to connect addicts with counselors and other organizations willing to help.
While this plan undoubtedly has holes in it, it most certainly could accomplish forward momentum on a problem that has seen no relief since work was begun on solving it. The thinking that we can somehow stop the flow of drugs or curtail it enough to make a difference is wrong. We have proof that it is a flawed approach. We have been trying to solve the wrong problem because we have been asking the wrong question. When considering that fact that our efforts so far have been ineffective, the new question is do we want drugs to remain hidden and uncontrolled or do we want to try something new that brings real data to light and gives us more information about how to help those affected?
I'm sure some of the points I have made seem irresponsible and disconnected but allow me to connect the dots. Broadcasting anything, prior to now, was expensive and only available to small groups of people. Also, organizing large groups of people took a proportionately similar amount of time and resources. This is no longer true. I communicate daily with people I have never met based on our mutual interest in a wide variety of different things and we broadcast our own ventures in the interest on a daily basis and all for the price of an internet connection or less, if you're stealing it. So then why, if I can organize groups of people to purchase items from across the globe for a highly specific, out of production automobile, can we not organize groups of people to solve problems that we are currently entrusting to people who have proven inept? The answer is I can, you can, we can. Some I'm sure have already started to some degree but if we really want our environments, our societies and our quality of life to change, it is up to us. We have the hammer that will drive the nail. We possess all the education needed to accomplish the change we desire. What I believe we are lacking is what those who brought change before us possessed and that is heart. We don't have to use rifles or cannons to effect change but we do have to apply commitment and determination liberally. Keep in mind, next time you feel compelled to complain about something, that you have the power to influence it if you wish and you don't have to rely on or wait for politicians or systems to approve it. There is no good way to end this other than to say that we are already empowered as people to influence our surroundings and to circumvent that which prevents us from truly living freely but it won't occur until the realization that our past only effects our future in a fear based manner if we allow it to. If you wake up one morning and don't understand how things got so bad it's probably because you didn't do anything about it. Grow a spine, turn on your brain, turn off the news and kick some ass, it's the American way.

For the record, I am aware of the numerous grammatical and punctuation errors in this post. I am an unapologetic, emotional writer and furthermore, if you need commas and hyphens to comprehend the meaning of this writing then you really aren't my audience anyways. Good day.

I'm not a libertarian or any other damned thing. I am a veteran and a person who sees that what we are doing right now is like trying to put out fire with gasoline. Your responses are typical though. I don't care about bush or any of them. I don't blame them. I blame us for not standing up for what we believe in or what we think is right. I include myself in that as well.

Also, if a libertarian is one who is a promoter of liberty then yeah, you could say I'm 70 or so percent that if it makes you feel better.

Forum List

Back