It's about time it was said

he was the only leader in recorded history to cut taxes during wartime.

and ran his little war on our credit card.

and now the wingnuts whine about the deficit.

EVERYBODY should be concerned about the deficit, dearie... I know I have for many years...

You can't stand there and whine about the war while giving Zero your Hero a pass on the continued drunken sailor spending...

i have few hero's. my father is one of them. but thanks.

i think it's clear that spending was what was needed.

I think that's bullshit... Pure Grade A bullshit... You can't spend what you don't have...

i think he gave in too much to the rightwingnuts. when he came into office he should have done an entire infrastructure program...

I think he came in and decided he'd try to be the leftmost President ever... Full steam ahead... It failed and now the country is telling him and his leftist wakko democratic buddies so, in the polls and in the town halls... Let the carnage of November 2010 begin!

instead he tried to make nice with the 'ihopehefails' crowd.

More bullshit... I suppose that's what he meant when he said "I won - get over it"....

Sorry, but I and America ain't buying the "just give us a chance" bullshit anymore...

we borrowed the money to run bush's pretend war of choice...

which led to our economic meltdown...

i think the president was more than nice to his predecessor.

you really think the war solely led to the meltdown? :cuckoo:

more like the bankers who raped people and couldn't come up with enough ways to increase their $$$ even after they had already invented trillions from new schemes.

yep...the housing market had nothing to do with it...

all bush's fault...:lol:

apparently the roughly trillion on the war(s) was much greater than the trillions spent on the stimulus and bailouts....

uh huh

obama's first bailout cost more than the entire war. thats not even counting the money that bernanke and his thugs gave away to foreign banks and nations off the books/record

To put Obama’s Olympian hypocrisy in perspective, one need only examine the federal budget tables posted on the White House website by Obama’s own Office of Management and Budget.

They reveal these startling facts: When calculated by the average annual percentage of the Gross Domestic Product that he will spend during his presidency, Obama is on track to become the biggest-spending president since 1930, the earliest year reported on the OMB’s historical chart of spending as a percentage of GDP. When calculated by the average annual percentage of GDP he will borrow during his presidency, Obama is on track to become the greatest debter president since Franklin Roosevelt.

CNSNews.com - Obama Defeats FDR (in Spending Other People?s Money)

i thought the president was gracious and tactful despite of the negativity of iraq. he'd managed to tell it like it is without crying over any spilled... blood.

show how that ruined the economy....that was your claim

he was doing that when the economy was booming...as well....:eusa_whistle:

and please jillian, many on the right were sick and tired of bush's spending...

puleeze... the 'right only complained abut bush's 'spending' when they were going to get their butt's kicked.

i'm not going to prove once again, that bush drove the economy into a ditch...

what i can tell you is he was full of it when he gave a 'refund' to rich people b/c we had a surplus.

Brother, Can You Paradigm? - NYTimes.com

you wanna tell me how spending 200 billion dollars on our credit card helped the economy; all the while the rightwings scream if 10 cents goes to help someone.

um...his refund was shown to have helped the economy...and it didn't just go to the rich...i got one and i was still in school....you really need to get your facts straight

if you complaining about 200 billion...why aren't you complaining about over a TRILLION that obama is spending? its total hyperbole about the 10 cents....i know you don't want to accept reality, but many on the right were tired of the spending, hence why bush was so unpopular even among his own party....you just want to make believe its all because obama's in office and you want to make believe obama's deficit spending is good while only bush's deficit spending is bad.

To put Obama’s Olympian hypocrisy in perspective, one need only examine the federal budget tables posted on the White House website by Obama’s own Office of Management and Budget.

They reveal these startling facts: When calculated by the average annual percentage of the Gross Domestic Product that he will spend during his presidency, Obama is on track to become the biggest-spending president since 1930, the earliest year reported on the OMB’s historical chart of spending as a percentage of GDP. When calculated by the average annual percentage of GDP he will borrow during his presidency, Obama is on track to become the greatest debter president since Franklin Roosevelt.

didn't you know hes going to stop spending and cut the deficit once the economy is fixed!!!!!

Borrowing money to pay for Iraq has little to do with our economic meltdown. It's added to our national debt, which isn't helpful, but the debt is only one of many factors contributing to the current state of our economy.

educate yourself, sarge. what does the downturn in our economy have in common with that in 1930? how would a devastated GDP effect the ratio between itself and anything else?

he was the only leader in recorded history to cut taxes during

And federal revenue went up as a result. That's a fact.

Well sure they do. When Republicans run up the deficit it's not a problem for Republicans, but the Democrats bitch about it and make it the primary focus of their campaign to take over Congress. Then Democrats run up the deficit and it's not a problem for Democrats, but then the Republicans bitch about it and make it the primary focus of their campaign to take over Congress.

And you all go out and elect more Republicans or Democrats, so who is really at fault for the debt?

Borrowing money to pay for Iraq has little to do with our economic meltdown. It's added to our national debt, which isn't helpful, but the debt is only one of many factors contributing to the current state of our economy.

this isnt sensible. do you mean to say there's no direct correlation between public finance and mortgage rates and mortgage rates and the mortgage bubble or its collapse?

Forum List

Back