Its a witch-hunt and an attempted coup!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu accuses opponents of 'attempted coup' after corruption charges

Israeli's prime minister accused his opponents of trying to carry out an "attempted coup" against him after he was formally charged Thursday in a series of corruption cases.

Benjamin Netanyahu has been charged with fraud, breach of trust and accepting bribes in three different scandals — the first time a sitting prime minister is charged with a crime in Israel.

The allegations against him include suspicions that he accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in champagne and cigars from billionaire friends, offered to trade favors with a newspaper publisher, and used his influence to help a wealthy telecom magnate in exchange for favorable coverage on a popular news site.

Snip

Gantz, following the announcement of the charges Thursday, said the prime minister now has "no public or moral mandate to make fateful decisions for the state of Israel."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to be indicted by Israeli Justice Ministry
----------------------------------------------

he is using the same words as tramp, self-declared genius minds are all alike, they think they are so smart!!

Maybe he should have created a foundation like the Clintons.

You must mean like the tramp's foundation!!

Donald J. Trump Foundation - Wikipedia
(can you just imagine all the money ran through it!!)
no, I meant exactly what I said CLINTON FOUNDATION.
So when did the Clinton Foundation finish building those two Hospitals in Haiti?

You must mean the tramp foundation, as Hillary and Bill had a real foundation and they actually did charitable work.

When did tramp stop self dealing, only when he got caught and had to pay 2 million to charitable causes.

but a tramper doesn't care if tramp is a crook.

So when did the Clinton Foundation finish building those two Hospitals in Haiti?

You must mean the tramp foundation, as Hillary and Bill had a real foundation and they actually did charitable work.

When did tramp stop self dealing, only when he got caught and had to pay 2 million to charitable causes.

Why is the clinton foundation taking money from Victor Pinchuk

So you have no opinion about Bibi, another crook.

I believe if he had a foundation like the Clintons he could have gotten away with murder I mean life long friends who commit unexpected suicide

Do you know what he did exactly, that opened the case with the attorney general?

Having "no opinion" is the smartest thing anyone can declare of having.

Do you know what he did exactly, that opened the case with the attorney general?

has been charged with fraud, breach of trust and accepting bribes in three different scandals — the first time a sitting prime minister is charged with a crime in Israel.

--------------------------
seems like the rule of law stands in Israel, unlike the US of late. Sure he might of been set up, but I doubt it.

has been charged with fraud, breach of trust and accepting bribes in three different scandals — the first time a sitting prime minister is charged with a crime in Israel.

seems like the rule of law stands in Israel, unlike the US of late. Sure he might of been set up, but I doubt it.

He should stand to trial first.

I'm honest enough to say I really am not that informed about all of this. I know the accusations, but I know it has started in many more and alot of the things they wanted to charge him with didn't stick or collapsed like a house of cards.

If he indeed did those things, let him rot. If he did not, let him retire peacefully.

Never mind the result, the Likud should go on primaries as soon as possible. If Sahar gains leadership, I may consider voting for them again.

He should stand to trial first.

I'm honest enough to say I really am not that informed about all of this. I know the accusations, but I know it has started in many more and alot of the things they wanted to charge him with didn't stick or collapsed like a house of cards.

If he indeed did those things, let him rot. If he did not, let him retire peacefully.

Never mind the result, the Likud should go on primaries as soon as possible. If Sahar gains leadership, I may consider voting for them again.
Let's put aside for a moment the principle of accountability before law, that is clear.
And let's put aside political views and votes.

Don't You see the timing?
PM Netanyahu had 17 cases closed, and Gen. Gatz will have a new one, investigation starts next week. The AG has confirmed himself this will be a precedent, to judge an active PM for favorable coverage in media as a cause for a case.

It doesn't take to look into details of each case, just see how much leaks there're were on a daily basis,actual leaks, not some he said she said, documentation from the investigations.
And who investigates them, an AG who might be in the same court of judge Hayout,
who only addressed State Attorney's Natzan shenanigas when it was uncovered he directed her judges on what to say in the media, but nothing about the daily leaks of the investigation to the same media. The whole process has been contaminated, and all the key decisions have always played at a specific timing of a present govt weakness - right before the elections or right after there have been given last 21 days to form a govt - when the true negotiation start and a lot can be achieved.

Heading the investigation is State Attorney Nitzan.
And who is appointed in a committee to decide whether PM Netanyahu should remain in office?

When?
Next week or so, why?

And when does Shai Nitzan vacate his seat as State Attorney?
Next week or so.

The Coup argument, and in my view sound, is besides the contamination of the whole process,
meaning that not only the media was used by the prosecution to influence the political outcome of elections but also to influence witnesses.

The Judiciary branch, especially after the Barak reforms, and I think You'll have what to say on this, has gained power to judge laws and virtually any govt decision or policy that is directly subject to electoral opinion, but not based on the laws of the state as in common law, but rather according to their own interpretations - as is in one of the cases. As far as we know judges to the High Court of Justice are not an elected branch, and until directly pressured they only recently allowed some judges who hold different opinions from legal and political perspectives, or didn't study in Harvard.

• AG said it's going to be a legal precedent,
  • The investigation has been contaminated from a procedural perspective and politically,
  • The branch that gives the verdict is the one with the highest authority over govt decisions, and the only one that investigates itself.
The majority of electorate voted for parties that vote for PM Netanyahu, and have no problem with neither law enforcement nor for a unity govt with Gen. Gantz. They already jointly agreed on military procedure and all involved around, And indeed it was clear for both of their voters that the age of PM Netanyahu's rule was concluding, naturally without any investigations.

But the investigations themselves are used by the Judiciary branch, over which there's no higher authority. Those who chair them are of specific political agenda, that has been sitting in the opposition for decades, and they themselves choose the coming judges - they're not elected, but they judge the govt and the laws of each govt, influence the elections and run the ballot counts.

This is a very significant power-move, they can remove a PM, open a case against the next one on the list - and no one has a higher authority, certainly not the electorate.

In conclusion:
Much of this could be prevented if we used the example of the US system, specifically where judges, before taking high position in the branch go through a hearing in the govt, and if I'm not wrong - the representatives of the electorate have a power of veto candidates for judges in the high court.

Last edited:
New state prosecutor appointed - Nave Dromi

Even Haaretz admits...

Justice Minister Ohana Orders AG, State Prosecution, to Stop Issuing Statements in his Name

The fight to the death between Likud Justice Minister Amir Ohana and his opponents in the Attorney General’s office and in the State Prosecution continues. On Thursday, a source in the prosecution leaked to Haaretz a letter sent by Ohana to the offices of the State Prosecutor and the Attorney General, ordering them to stop issuing messages which are signed by the Justice Ministry, which gives the impression that he, Ohana, has endorsed them.

In the letter, Ohana demands from AG Avichai Mandelblit that the justice ministry’s spokesperson’s office would make sure each statement it releases is signed strictly by the unit which issues it, and not by the ministry at large.

“Often you have produced announcements on various issues on behalf of the AG and the prosecution under the heading Justice Ministry Spokesperson, or simply Justice Ministry,” Minister Ohana wrote, “which are erroneously associated by many in the public with yours truly, even though they did not receive my endorsement nor have they been issued by me.”

Ohana’s protest came in response to the Justice Department’s criticism of a video produced and disseminated by the Movement for Governance and Democracy, a right-leaning NGO, which attacked the conduct of Deputy AG Dina Zilber.

The video reviews some of Zilber’s decisions and claims that she acted on numerous occasions against the will of several government ministers. Indeed, Zilber was banned by former justice minister Ayelet Shaked from representing the government in Knesset committee meetings – because Zilber routinely presented her own leftwing biases as being official policy.

The video (see below – it’s in Hebrew, but there's translation) called for deregulating the attorney general’s position and powers.

The AG’s office was furious with the video, and the Justice Department spokesperson’s office said in their behalf: “Instead of having a substantive discussion on the weighty issue of the status and role of the Attorney General, the video editors chose to personally attack the Deputy Attorney General, attorney Dina Silber, and presented her work in a false and ridiculous manner, filled with errors, lies and distortions. It is an ugly, personal attack, based on a complete distortion of circumstances and considerations touching on various events presented in the video. Such a deceptive outrage against public servants deserves all condemnation.”

Except, of course, Justice Minister Ohana, like his predecessor Shaked, agrees with the attack video, and would like to keep Zilber in restraints until she reaches retirement age.

Hence his understandable rage when he discovered that his own ministry protected Zilber and, essentially, signed his name to the document.

Give them hell, Amir Ohana, we’re with you.

Deputy-Attorney-General-Dina-Silber-L-and-Justice-Minister-Amir-Ohana.jpg

Justice Minister Ohana Orders AG, State Prosecution, to Stop Issuing Statements
in his Name - Jewish Press

Last edited:

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu accuses opponents of 'attempted coup' after corruption charges

Israeli's prime minister accused his opponents of trying to carry out an "attempted coup" against him after he was formally charged Thursday in a series of corruption cases.

Benjamin Netanyahu has been charged with fraud, breach of trust and accepting bribes in three different scandals — the first time a sitting prime minister is charged with a crime in Israel.

The allegations against him include suspicions that he accepted hundreds of thousands of dollars in champagne and cigars from billionaire friends, offered to trade favors with a newspaper publisher, and used his influence to help a wealthy telecom magnate in exchange for favorable coverage on a popular news site.

Snip

Gantz, following the announcement of the charges Thursday, said the prime minister now has "no public or moral mandate to make fateful decisions for the state of Israel."

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to be indicted by Israeli Justice Ministry

he is using the same words as tramp, self-declared genius minds are all alike, they think they are so smart!!

Snip

Snip

he is using the same words as tramp, self-declared genius minds are all alike, they think they are so smart!![/QUOTE

Let us all join together & pray for Nutandyahoo's removal. Israel needs a fair & just leader who will treat the Palestinians with the same love, justice & respect their own Arab brothers have given them & are still giving them. Want peace Israel? Look to history & learn from king Hussein. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY!

Let us all join together & pray for Nutandyahoo's removal. Israel needs a fair & just leader who will treat the Palestinians with the same love, justice & respect their own Arab brothers have given them & are still giving them. Want peace Israel? Look to history & learn from king Hussein. LET THERE BE PEACE ALREADY

So they went voting and lil Tulsi looked at the asshole when he called her name for a vote.
" Present."
I like that girl. I'm almost twice as old so I can say girl with respect

The simple point here is separation of authorities.

Israel needs what the US has - hearings in the govt for candidates to judges.

Still there are states and cities where judges are more Conservative or Liberal leaning,
and it's not total separation from the legislative branch, and influence of political views in the panel of the judges, for which there needs to be specific address in legislation;

But will at least balance the functional relationship between law written by the legislative branch, and the boundaries in which the judiciary branch can give weight to personal interpretations and their ability to cancel decisions by the legislative branch, not according to existing law, like in common law, but those same interpretations.

Forum List

Back