It's a Small World After All!!

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
On our honeymoon, as we were entering a restaurant in Duluth, we encountered our church pastor from Robbinsdale. We're all 200 miles away from home, and run into each other. Tres bizarre.

Anybody else have a similar story? Can involve the net, or not.

About 8-10 years ago, I was on a Yahoo group, wearing my temperature gauge from wunderground. A guy asks me if I'm from the Grand Rapids area. No, but I was born there. So was he! Who's my family? So I email him, not wanting to give anything to the world at large.

He was my uncle's best friend in high school.

I was shooting pool with a guy in Amsterdam one afternoon about 9 years ago.I thought I'd seen him before. He said his name was Tom and he was travelling with his twin brother. I said is his name Mike ? He about fell out. I hadn't seen the guy since 5th grade.

When my wife and I were driving from Yucca Valley CA to Waldorf Maryland in 2004 we made a little side trip to Branson MO. We got there about 11:30 at night and the only fast food place we saw open was a Taco Bell.

We go in there and while we're waiting we strike up a convo with the lady behind us in line, turns out she is from Yucca Valley as well!

• Banned
Awesome stories, especially the 5th grade dude.

A deja vu moment was when my sister and I went out for coffee, and she ran into a waitress she used to work with.

Thirty years ago. The woman was waitressing over 30 years.

Somebody just grabbed me on Facebook. We were best buddies in 8th grade, and I haven't seen her since 1972.

I don't care what anybody says - I love Facebook.

On our honeymoon, as we were entering a restaurant in Duluth, we encountered our church pastor from Robbinsdale. We're all 200 miles away from home, and run into each other. Tres bizarre.

Anybody else have a similar story? Can involve the net, or not.

About 8-10 years ago, I was on a Yahoo group, wearing my temperature gauge from wunderground. A guy asks me if I'm from the Grand Rapids area. No, but I was born there. So was he! Who's my family? So I email him, not wanting to give anything to the world at large.

He was my uncle's best friend in high school.

LOL... at Disneyland. We had reservations for dinner at the same time.

I foster kittens. For the most part we dont know all of the other fosters as we deal with the director on a one to one basis. We were at an event where i brought some of my kittens to be in the petting area....and the same woman from Disneyland is there.... and she is a foster too...

I foster kittens. For the most part we dont know all of the other fosters as we deal with the director on a one to one basis. We were at an event where i brought some of my kittens to be in the petting area....and the same woman from Disneyland is there.... and she is a foster too...

I know there's some unstated universal logic to how these things happen, but I'll never know.

How far away from home were you two?

I know there's some unstated universal logic to how these things happen, but I'll never know.

How far away from home were you two?

Disneyland is 800 miles away. The event for me was 2 miles...for her about 50.

Oh..and she fosters for my rescue...that was what was so funny.

New Topics

Forum List

Back