It's a sad day for America when...

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
:(

It's a sad day for America and everything she stands for when people actually start entertaining the idea that laws abridging the use of violent metaphor in political speech is a justifiable infringement of free speech.

This is new?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. " - Thomas Jefferson, 1787.

It's a sad day for America when someone busts out this song..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc]Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart - YouTube[/ame]

Love that mullet!

• Banned
:(

It's a sad day for America and everything she stands for when people actually start entertaining the idea that laws abridging the use of violent metaphor in political speech is a justifiable infringement of free speech.

Who is doing that?

I don't have a problem with it either.

Do you?
Only with the ensuing sanctimony.

I'm with you there. But you did imply that not having a problem with such rhetoric makes one an asshole. And then you deny having a problem with it yourself. Therefore logically, you just called yourself an asshole.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :thup:

Do you?

I'm with you there. But you did imply that not having a problem with such rhetoric makes one an asshole. And then you deny having a problem with it yourself. Therefore logically, you just called yourself an asshole.

Um...Not quite.

It's the sanctimony that makes them assholes (in this particular instance)*, not the boorish drivel that falls out of their cake holes.

*Not that the two little pinkos in question aren't general purpose assholes on any given day of the week

Do you?

As much of an idiot as he is, at least he's honest about himself.

:thup:

So who should say I can't yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater?

The quote is from Oliver Wendell Holmes speaking as Chief Justice in Masses V New York.

Problem with the formulation of Justice Holmes was the damn theater was on fire, and those would extinguish the blaze were tossed in the pokey.

Forum List

Back