It's a Pleasure.

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
Yep....a pleasure to see so many youngsters that are intelligent and have common sense.
My future Social Security is safe! :rotflmao: Just kidding...

Honestly, it does give me a warm fuzzy feeling (in other words I'm PROUD)
to see that many of you younger folks here, do in fact have a clue as far as what's
going on in the Country and around the world.
I mean that as a compliment to all of you, really. I'll get sappy...You are the Future,
but my concerns about how you may Lead and guide the future of the Country
is not in question! As we used to say in the military when things got tuff, "Drive on!".
I have no doubt you will!

Now, if the young men here could pursue what we ole farts (cept Dillo) call a razor
everything will be perfect!:thup:

Mr. P said:
Now, if the young men here could pursue what we ole farts (cept Dillo) call a razor

no way, when i get out of the navy, i'm growing a beard for at least a month or two... my face needs some rest from the daily cut...

:banana: if i look like a hippy it will be fine, i'll be in a refugee camp in gaza or thailand anyway.

thank you though Mr. P here is to you :beer:

Mr. P said:
Yep....a pleasure to see so many youngsters that are intelligent and have common sense.

to see that many of you younger folks here, do in fact have a clue as far as what's
I mean that as a compliment to all of you, really. I'll get sappy...You are the Future,
is not in question! As we used to say in the military when things got tuff, "Drive on!".

Hey I think the grey in my beard makes me look distinguished!...plus the crumbs don't show so much when my shaky hands don't get the whole piece of chicken in my mouth!

Yes, it is nice to hear, and see so many "young" people engaged and involved.

What's irratating me is all the people are down playing the 17% of young people, well thats nearly 20 million. I hear one more thing about we didn't get out there and vote. Bullshit we did same as the other people in this country. Not you here, but the old bastards on TV are pissin me off. :fu2:

wolvie20m said:
What's irratating me is all the people are down playing the 17% of young people, well thats nearly 20 million. I hear one more thing about we didn't get out there and vote. Bullshit we did same as the other people in this country. Not you here, but the old bastards on TV are pissin me off. :fu2:

Last night, I saw it pointed out, and rightly so, that the 17% is the same percentage of voters as in past elections. So although the young did vote in higher numbers, so did every other group and therefore, the 17% didn't have an effect and was a net wash. That is true. I am just happy to see SO many voted regardless of age, race, etc.!

NATO AIR said:
no way, when i get out of the navy, i'm growing a beard for at least a month or two... my face needs some rest from the daily cut...

:banana: if i look like a hippy it will be fine, i'll be in a refugee camp in gaza or thailand anyway.

thank you though Mr. P here is to you :beer:

I wonder if Kerry will take Al Gore's lead and grow a beard in an attempt to remake or, in reality, disguise himself? :smoke:

freeandfun1 said:
I wonder if Kerry will take Al Gore's lead and grow a beard in an attempt to remake or, in reality, disguise himself? :smoke:

haha, wasn't that like a "depression beard?" if i had kerry's wife the way they seem together, i would have been growing one anyway.

he just might, but then again he's still a sitting senator.

i just want to grow mine to give my skin a rest. shaving every frigging day for 2 years (and 3 more to go) drives me nuts.

:smoke: of course i didn't have a lot of facial hair until boot camp when they made us shave twice a day... that stuff started growing quick after about 2 weeks.

Yea, yea...guys, in the store, in the "grown-up" section, they have these razors that have
REAL blades, none of that cardboard stuff, these are real sharp, for REAL men...Get one.

And here's a test...face away from a mirror, drop your shorts and take a look, if there's more hair on your ASS than on your face, SHAVE! :laugh:

Wolvie,

Don't get too upset...all the talking heads are saying is that the Democrats were truly expecting the youth vote to rise up and win the election for them. They assummed that Michael Moore's movie, the Hollywood Factor, Bruce Springstein's concerts, and MTV's "non-biased" coverage, would motivate the young people to vote in greater numbers than ever before...

and it didn't happen...

Hey, I'm 25 and I've been following this election since before the Democratic Primaries began...I know every in-and-out, was here for every bump and scandal...and I voted early (but not often!).

Be proud of your accomplishment, you paid attention and you voted your conscience and (hopefully!) your brain...but the young people who voted in this election were the same 12-17% who ALWAYS vote...proving once again that no matter how crucial an election...no matter how hard a candidate courts the youth vote...young people will only care if they would have beforehand...Michael Moore and Hollywood can't make it happen...and thats what the talking points are hammering home.

They aren't insulting you...they are actually busting on the people who put so much faith into the idea that they could buy the votes of the young with movie and rock stars.

NATO AIR said:
haha, wasn't that like a "depression beard?" if i had kerry's wife the way they seem together, i would have been growing one anyway.

Theresa looks like she could grow a pretty good beard!

I had to shave twice a day in the Army too. I have a THICK beard. A matter of fact, I could probably pass for a terrorist if I grew one.... I have that Mediterranean look about me! lol

Mr. P said:

LOL (its just an Avatar---I have only a moustache and a small goatee but I am an ole fart !)

Forum List

Back