It's A Pain in the Ass ....

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
... it will never happen ... but I'm musing anyway. Our government is a totally FUBAR mess. But we all know that. We're never going to see term limits on Congress ... everybody else has term limits ... but not Congress. Too much of a good gig for them to willingly give it up.

I wonder if we could get the money out of politics, it would be a good start? Say, starting on a local and state level, anyone who wants to run would have to be publicly vetted first - education? experience? employment?married? screwing around on your spouse? color, type of underwear? do you even wear underwear? Every question imaginable. All of this, since elections are so important to us, could be televised - gratis. Networks have to donate the air time - there goes a lot of financial spending. If the persons pass muster, he or she would be allowed to run for whatever office they're seeking and may the best one win. Same thing all over again on a national basis. (Politicians start small making a name for themselves and work their way up the political ladder.) We, the voters, could control them by saying - "nope, you're disqualified for another run, you've served "X" years, somebody else gets a turn." In other words, forced term limits by the people.

Televised debates on the issues only - no Megyn Kelly "gotcha" bullshit. Again all air time must be donated gratis. None of this billion dollar running around the country business, no mud slinging ads, just bare bones tough questions. No powerful PACs harassing people to give, give, give. Any bribes, "gifts", etc. must be publicly explained. All lobbyists would have to present their pros and cons in a public forum setting.

Just make holding office such a miserable process that the worst of the worst get weeded out early on and perhaps we'd end up with more politicians who have nothing to hide in office.

Well, never mind ... it's probably that nuked 1st cup of leftover coffee that's temporarily melted my brain.

It is interesting to see that Megyn Kelly is making a jihad on Trump. She tries to look impartial but she miserably fails in that attempt.

Well, I don't watch Fox News anymore because of her little tirade. I just keep asking myself if that new very unflattering hairdo of hers is a prelude to her ultimately transing into a whatever it is she wants to be. It IS sort of masculine looking, ya know?

You should start up a fantasy politics game........ People have to think, no emotive appeals and everyone has to play fair....... :lmao:

Don't need to. We've already got a fantasy game going on for real inside the Beltway. Hundreds of characters of varying degrees of power, abilities, "jobs," etc. We need to bust up that fantasy game before we start a fake fantasy game.

Don't need to. We've already got a fantasy game going on for real inside the Beltway. Hundreds of characters of varying degrees of power, abilities, "jobs," etc. We need to bust up that fantasy game before we start a fake fantasy game.
Good luck with that one. :thup:

Forum List

Back