It's A Long Time To 2012

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
But this can't be good for Obama:

How low will he go? Obama approval hits yet another bottom and 54% now say, 'No second term' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

How low will he go? Obama approval hits yet another bottom and 54% now say, 'No second term'
October 21, 2010 | 3:08 am

...But a new Gallup Poll out this morning puts the top Democrat himself at his lowest approval rating ever and finds most Americans do not want the Real Good Talker to have a second term.

Other than that, Obama should be a real help to Washington's embattled Patty Murray today and Nevada's embattled Harry Reid and California's embattled Barbara Boxer later, trying to salvage the large Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress.

The new survey reveals that the more Americans get to know this guy, the less they like him. His ... approval rating has gone down every single quarter since that sunny promising inauguration on Jan. 20, 2009...

...At this point in the second year of George W. Bush's presidency, 62% thought he deserved a second term after only 48% voted for him in 2000...

It might be a long time until 2012 but 2010 elections are just a few short days away. The revolution begins...

well these days campaigns are longer than a year, so the presidential might start q2 11

Of course Dubya was polling higher at this point. It was what? A month after 9/11? He had something like a 93% approval rating in the month of September after 9/11.

It might be a long time until 2012 but 2010 elections are just a few short days away. The revolution begins...

:lol: I didn't know changing from (D) to (R) is being considered a revolution again. I saw this flick on TCM, the one from '94. The original was never that good, never mind the quasi remake/sequel that's going on now.

Two years is a very long time on the political calendar and a lot can happen. Just consider the Dimocrat rhetoric the day after the '08 election and their euphoria over the death of their opposition and how bright their future looked for far into the future.

And now only two years later they're going to be on the receiving end of one of the all-time political ass kickings in our nation's history.

Sweet, ain't it?

well these days campaigns are longer than a year, so the presidential might start q2 11

CNN, MSNBC and Faux News can hardly wait. THEY may start the 2012 campaign as early as January 2011. Who wants to bet?

Are you kidding? They've already started the 2012 campaign. They started it shortly after the inauguration...

I get the impression that whether or he not he gets re-elected does not matter to Obama. He will continue to do what he thinks is right, regardless of the effect it has on his poll numbers. Whether or not you agree with his agenda, and for the most part I don't, you have to respect him for that. He'll run, of that I have no doubt, but I think he'd be just as happy losing (maybe even happier) as he would be if he won.

How low will he go? Obama approval hits yet another bottom and 54% now say, 'No second term' | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

How low will he go? Obama approval hits yet another bottom and 54% now say, 'No second term'

...But a new Gallup Poll out this morning puts the top Democrat himself at his lowest approval rating ever and finds most Americans do not want the Real Good Talker to have a second term.

Other than that, Obama should be a real help to Washington's embattled Patty Murray today and Nevada's embattled Harry Reid and California's embattled Barbara Boxer later, trying to salvage the large Democratic majorities in both houses of Congress.

The new survey reveals that the more Americans get to know this guy, the less they like him. His ... approval rating has gone down every single quarter since that sunny promising inauguration on Jan. 20, 2009...

...At this point in the second year of George W. Bush's presidency, 62% thought he deserved a second term after only 48% voted for him in 2000...

its also a long long way to Tipperary.......:lol:

but it will come sooner than anyone thinks...he may still be personally 'likable'...but that doesn't put food on the table when the food stamps have been sold for 50 Cent on the dollar or run out...his base is like the rep. base, around 30-35%

Next year at this time, welcome aboard cause thats were he'll be. People see through front sooner or later....and he won't have a recovering economy to use as a shield, nothing.

when his 'personality' runs out, there will be NO amount of friendly press or BS to hide behind, 2012, crash and burn time.

what's the track record of those numbers 2 yrs out getting re-elected?

Probably irrelevant. We'll see what the next two years brings.
But i have faith that Obama will do exactly the wrong thing.

Let us just hope that the Republicans attempt to do the things America can understand and approve of. I am always reminded there are more takers than there are makers...:eusa_whistle:

His speech from his campaign of '08 [and he remains in 'Campaign Mode to this day]...and what he promised then...versus his actions to date are diametrically opposed to one another which makes him one troubled hombre with the self-generated conflict he's wrought upon this Republic.

Of course Dubya was polling higher at this point. It was what? A month after 9/11? He had something like a 93% approval rating in the month of September after 9/11.

Obama is now in his 22 month. 9/11 happened 8 months into GW's term.

what's the track record of those numbers 2 yrs out getting re-elected?

Let us just hope that the Republicans attempt to do the things America can understand and approve of. I am always reminded there are more takers than there are makers...:eusa_whistle:

I don't hold out much hope for that, unless they do a party shake up. However I do think some real change is happening with the electorate, way beyond swinging the pendulum.

Obama is now in his 22 month. 9/11 happened 8 months into GW's term.

And GW handled it as he should have. Obama is still using the tired blame game for his poor numbers.

I don't hold out much hope for that, unless they do a party shake up. However I do think some real change is happening with the electorate, way beyond swinging the pendulum.

As for me? I belive it will be a long time [if ever] it swings back left. The desparation on display from our leftist countrymen is funny, sad, and can always be counted upon when the people they claim to speak for continue to defy them.

Forum List

Back