‘It’s a crisis for Québec women’ (socialized medicine fails)

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
‘It’s a crisis for Québec women’ (socialized medicine fails)
Montréal Gazette ^ | November 13, 2012 | Charlie Fidelman

‘It’s a crisis for Quebec women’

Surgery wait times for deadly ovarian, cervical and breast cancers in Québec are three times longer than government benchmarks, leading some desperate patients to shop around for an operating room. But that’s a waste of time, doctors say, since the problem is spread across Québec hospitals. And doctors are refusing to accept new patients quickly because they can’t treat them, health advocates say. …

The worst cases are gynecological cancers, experts say, because usually such a cancer has already spread by the time it is detected. Instead of four weeks from diagnosis to surgery, patients are waiting as long as three months to have cancerous growths removed.

“It’s a crisis for Québec women,” said Lucy Gilbert, director of gynecological oncology and the gynecologic cancer multi-disciplinary team at the McGill University Health Center. Her team has had access to operating rooms only two days a week for the past year, with dozens of patients having surgeries postponed week after week. …

Socialized medicine fails? I didn't see that written anywhere in the article. Besides, America doesn't have "socialized" medicine. Also, Quebec is not all of Canada.

You keep telling yourself that.

You will eventually get sick. And when you do, you are going to find that you have screwed yourself out of prompt, good health care.

That's right. Regardless of ability to pay. Do you know anyone who died because he couldn't get treatment without money up front?

I don't. And I work with the poorest of the poor.

That's right. Regardless of ability to pay. Do you know anyone who died because he couldn't get treatment without money up front?

It's about so much more than that, access to medicine, affordable care for those with pre-existing conditions, affordable care for those who never thought they would need it...

I also work with a population who can't afford their treatment. Thank God they have healthcare that covers what they need, but they are a tiny percentage of the people who need it. What Obama has done has opened the door for more people to get the care that they need.

No, it hasn't. I work with the same population..they already had healthcare. The lie about "the poor people didn't have health care before Obamacare" is a lie. A complete and total lie.

No, it hasn't. I work with the same population..they already had healthcare. The lie about "the poor people didn't have health care before Obamacare" is a lie. A complete and total lie.

YOU ARE WRONG! Even if they had healthcare there was a cap on what it would pay for and it was embarrassingly low. Families were paying out of their own pocket for services they couldn't afford and trying to figure out how to pay everyday bills with what was left.

I work with developmental disabilities, I've been there trying to figure out what states they would benefit by moving to when they had to choose. THEY WERE ALL BLUE STATES! The one state that Republicans can argue sets aside funds for disabilities is Alabama, but what those funds are set aside for is EMBARASSING! Seriously look at the electoral map, the blue states are where you should live if you have a child with disabilities (except Florida but they can't get their s*** together).

Obamacare is finally a step in the right direction for those who need help. Thank God Romney lost, even though previous to the election and the influence of the tea party he was on the right side of this argument.

koshergrl lies a lot...or is just really stupid...

irony.jpg

koshergrl lies a lot...or is just really stupid...

No, I don't lie at all; neither am I stupid.

You have been shown, repeatedly, to be both....please provide evidence of people who were dying because they were obstructed from obtaining medical care.

I'll wait.

I wonder what percentage of those women would have no hope of surviving without their healthcare.
"Prompt, good healthcare" is a horrible argument to use when it is only available to a select percentage of the population.

So you believe it's better for 98% of women to get treated for cancer late, so a lot of them are going to die, than for 2% not to get treated at all?

You're a moron.

furthermore, no one is denied healthcare in this country.

It's about so much more than that, access to medicine, affordable care for those with pre-existing conditions, affordable care for those who never thought they would need it...

I also work with a population who can't afford their treatment. Thank God they have healthcare that covers what they need, but they are a tiny percentage of the people who need it. What Obama has done has opened the door for more people to get the care that they need.

What he has done is to fuck all of us, especially those of us who have health insurance. Fucking over the entire healthcare system to provide healthcare to a very small percentage of people is so stupid that only a liberal could conceive of it, let alone endorse it.

YOU ARE WRONG! Even if they had healthcare there was a cap on what it would pay for and it was embarrassingly low. Families were paying out of their own pocket for services they couldn't afford and trying to figure out how to pay everyday bills with what was left.

I work with developmental disabilities, I've been there trying to figure out what states they would benefit by moving to when they had to choose. THEY WERE ALL BLUE STATES! The one state that Republicans can argue sets aside funds for disabilities is Alabama, but what those funds are set aside for is EMBARASSING! Seriously look at the electoral map, the blue states are where you should live if you have a child with disabilities (except Florida but they can't get their s*** together).

Obamacare is finally a step in the right direction for those who need help. Thank God Romney lost, even though previous to the election and the influence of the tea party he was on the right side of this argument.

I'm not wrong at all. There will STILL be a cap, only it will get increasingly lower.

And you're full of shit about the blue states being better states to live in if you have disabilities.

Forum List

Back