It's 2012...and the voting process still SUCKS!

I would like to note that, here, the system is pretty good as we just get our ballots in the mail and drop them off at a box at our convenience. Very simple.

Local governments have no money for more workers or more booths. It's the main reason they all cited for cuts to early voting.

How much does Volunteering costs?

And our tax dollars pay for the boioths already.

Local governments have no money for more workers or more booths. It's the main reason they all cited for cuts to early voting.

Those excuses were utter nonsense. They have more than enough money for booths and more than enough to PAY people to man them. The simple fact is that they are not prioritizing those funds properly. We can massively subsidize the rail system here but not polls? We can spend millions on roads that we don't need while only affording a few booths? We can....

Simply put, voting efficiently should be high on the priority list. If there is not enough money then there are other place that need the cuts, not voting.

local governments have no money for more workers or more booths. It's the main reason they all cited for cuts to early voting.

those excuses were utter nonsense. They have more than enough money for booths and more than enough to pay people to man them. The simple fact is that they are not prioritizing those funds properly. We can massively subsidize the rail system here but not polls? We can spend millions on roads that we don't need while only affording a few booths? We can....

simply put, voting efficiently should be high on the priority list.
if there is not enough money then there are other place that need the cuts, not voting.

100%

Mine in Illinois was a scan tron sheet. The hardest part was finding the damn place. Same location, which is a college, on the other side of the college in the back. My wait was about 1 minute.

It is true. There is no reason that a government with a budget at 3.5 trillion does not have something simple and effective set up to allow for easy voting. Granted, this is not a federal thing BUT I see no reason that local governments don't spend a little more and hire more election officials to handle voting. I don't care if the vast majority sit there and do nothing all day, it is an expense that we are more than capable of shouldering.

You should not have to wait in line more than 15 to 30 minutes, there should be far more booths and the people to operate them and voting should be streamlined.

I waited an entire hour. makes no gotdamn sense.

And all the snotty old folks that sit there and pine and take their sweet time

OH I HATE YOU! :mad:
Hate you too

Forum List

Back