It's 2012...and the voting process still SUCKS!

4Horsemen

Oct 9, 2012
I go to a couple voting locations before I stop at mine and I notice only 10-15 voting booths in each, with the lines wrapped around the building, then I get to mine and the same damn thing....:eek: WTMF!!:mad:

WHY IS THIS STILL GOING ON!!???

WHY the hell don't they use a gymnasium or a concert hall to get the shit done faster:?

It would make sense...mores jobs...more people on hand to help people through the gotdamn process!

WHY are there always just 2-3 Grandmas and Grandpas running the voting locations??!!! what the FUCK is that all about???

EVERY YEAR..SAME SHIT..

and WHY do the gotdamn voting machines change every year..wtf?!!:mad:

:piss2:voting process

ALSO, I hearrd that in my city some voting items were not included on the ticket if you voted a straight ticket.

:bsflag:

It is true. There is no reason that a government with a budget at 3.5 trillion does not have something simple and effective set up to allow for easy voting. Granted, this is not a federal thing BUT I see no reason that local governments don't spend a little more and hire more election officials to handle voting. I don't care if the vast majority sit there and do nothing all day, it is an expense that we are more than capable of shouldering.

You should not have to wait in line more than 15 to 30 minutes, there should be far more booths and the people to operate them and voting should be streamlined.

It is true. There is no reason that a government with a budget at 3.5 trillion does not have something simple and effective set up to allow for easy voting. Granted, this is not a federal thing BUT I see no reason that local governments don't spend a little more and hire more election officials to handle voting. I don't care if the vast majority sit there and do nothing all day, it is an expense that we are more than capable of shouldering.

You should not have to wait in line more than 15 to 30 minutes, there should be far more booths and the people to operate them and voting should be streamlined.
You're seeing a good example of how screwed government is.

They can't do anything right, which is why I think income-tax day should be changed to election day.

You're seeing a good example of how screwed government is.

They can't do anything right, which is why I think income-tax day should be changed to election day.
That's exactly the reason Tax day is so far away from Election Day AND Christmas! So we won't be so pissed off!

uhhhhh, it's NOT the federal government that sets up these voting spots and decides to make it difficult to vote....it is the STATE GOVERNMENT...

uhhhhh, it's NOT the federal government that sets up these voting spots and decides to make it difficult to vote....it is the STATE GOVERNMENT...
And who claimed otherwise?

Chalk another one up to not even bothering to read the thread. Please try again.

Ours is in a school cafeteria and our voting officials are old and young mixed... I have NEVER waited more than 10 minutes to vote, and my polling place is one of the most saturated in the county

Chalk another one up to not even bothering to read the thread. Please try again.
Hey, YOU are the one that mixed it up and brought in the FEDERAL government with this comment talking about the federal government's budget at 3.5 trillion:

reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_greenh.gif
reputation_greenh.gif

It is true. There is no reason that a government with a budget at 3.5 trillion does not have something simple and effective set up to allow for easy voting.

then you went on to say it was the State's responsibility after implying it was the federal gvt's....it was very confusing so I just cleared things up for ya!

;)

I'm always there about 15 minutes before they open at 7. Prior to today the most people in line before me was about a dozen in '04. Today though I was 32nd in line and by the time they opened at least that many more were behind me, maybe more. I've never seen anything like it, and no changes have been made to the precinct or anything else.

That's only because Obama was so busy telling Americans they were too stupid to be allowed to make their own decisions about healthcare that he didn't have time to take over the election process. If reelected, he will streamline the system so that you will no longer have to wait in long lines to vote and since he knows that since you are too stupid to be able to make your own healthcare choices, you are too stupid to make the right choice in elections so he will make the choice for you.

That might be what Obama would do if he could work with Congress, but since he can't, we will have to continue to stand in line to vote.

i was at the poll for a total of 5 minutes....most of it chitty chatting with people i knew......

cry me a fucking river.....people die to fucking vote but americans whine about lines...you would stand in that fucking line for a football game.....shut the fuck up anpd0 ----------------------------[ and get out and vote.......yoda was helping me type lol

My voting just went fine. No wait and easy computer. 2 repub's 1 inde 1 dem

I waited an entire hour. makes no gotdamn sense.

And all the snotty old folks that sit there and pine and take their sweet time

OH I HATE YOU! :mad:

i was at the poll for a total of 5 minutes....most of it chitty chatting with people i knew......

cry me a fucking river.....people die to fucking vote but americans whine about lines...you would stand in that fucking line for a football game.....shut the fuck up anpd0 ----------------------------[ and get out and vote.......yoda was helping me type lol

more booths, more help, more JOBS!

get a clue einstein.

I'm always there about 15 minutes before they open at 7. Prior to today the most people in line before me was about a dozen in '04. Today though I was 32nd in line and by the time they opened at least that many more were behind me, maybe more. I've never seen anything like it, and no changes have been made to the precinct or anything else.

only #32? I was #50 and the line didn't move until 8:30am and I was already standing there since 8am. apparently some old fart checking off the voters messed up and held up the line while the other old farts creeped their way over to help. I wanted to ask them if they could use a skateboard or something to move across the room faster. damn shame.

Last edited:

Hey, YOU are the one that mixed it up and brought in the FEDERAL government with this comment talking about the federal government's budget at 3.5 trillion:

reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_greenh.gif
reputation_greenh.gif

It is true. There is no reason that a government with a budget at 3.5 trillion does not have something simple and effective set up to allow for easy voting.

then you went on to say it was the State's responsibility after implying it was the federal gvt's....it was very confusing so I just cleared things up for ya!

;)

Actually, I stated this:
Granted, this is not a federal thing BUT I see no reason that local governments don't spend a little more and hire more election officials to handle voting.
Never once did I state the federal government has this responsibility. Nothing was confused. The comment was simply pointing out the massive amounts of money that we spend in this nation but how little of it we are using to assist in this right that is such a cornerstone to our country. You can continue to believe what you want, miss quote me and completely misunderstand what I say but don't expect to get any credit for it.

Last edited:

then maybe you should volunteer so it will have some young ones speeding the process along. :eusa_boohoo:

then maybe you should volunteer so it will have some young ones speeding the process along. :eusa_boohoo:

You know what, I would if they would add another 100 booths. I worked on Restaurant chef lines and we hauled ass, so I couldn't take the slow moving bullshit at all. I would have that line moving a whole lot faster.

Forum List

Back