Itching To Deploy

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
Hello all, I'd like to thank those who took their time to help me decide how to handle the BS situation I got stuck in yesterday. (i used d's argument mainly and it worked 110% better than i could have hoped)

Just thought I'd note that military folks all over Asia are itching to deploy to participate in the tsunami relief effort... and it does look like the 3,000 men and women of the USS Kitty Hawk battle group will be heading somewhere (Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Thailand?) very soon to help. I say 3,000 because the air wing (2,000 people) will not be coming along for this ride, aside from the helicopter squadrons. We will become a relief operations platform, essentially a big floating helicopter staging center.

So I probably have a couple more visits to USMB in me between now and Monday and then its probably once a month after that for the next few months while we float off somebody's coast. I know a lot of you have definitely been here before, waiting to deploy, not sure when you're going to deploy, not sure where you're going to deploy, not sure when you're getting back, etc etc. This qualifies as officially my first time in this kind of "emergency" situation, I am less nervous and more just antsy... let's go!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

btw, here are pictures of what the Abraham Lincoln crew has been up to in helping the tsunami survivors and relief effort.

http://www.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=1&sort_type=0&sort_row=1

and if you want someone to vent rage or disgust at, this is the right guy for you. this joker decided he'd become a deserter because he didn't want to help fight the war in Iraq, and his damn ship is one of the ones in Sri Lanka now saving lives and helping the relief effort in other ways.

http://www.swiftsmartveterans.com/

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
NATO AIR said:
Hello all, I'd like to thank those who took their time to help me decide how to handle the BS situation I got stuck in yesterday. (i used d's argument mainly and it worked 110% better than i could have hoped)

Just thought I'd note that military folks all over Asia are itching to deploy to participate in the tsunami relief effort... and it does look like the 3,000 men and women of the USS Kitty Hawk battle group will be heading somewhere (Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Thailand?) very soon to help. I say 3,000 because the air wing (2,000 people) will not be coming along for this ride, aside from the helicopter squadrons. We will become a relief operations platform, essentially a big floating helicopter staging center.

So I probably have a couple more visits to USMB in me between now and Monday and then its probably once a month after that for the next few months while we float off somebody's coast. I know a lot of you have definitely been here before, waiting to deploy, not sure when you're going to deploy, not sure where you're going to deploy, not sure when you're getting back, etc etc. This qualifies as officially my first time in this kind of "emergency" situation, I am less nervous and more just antsy... let's go!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!

btw, here are pictures of what the Abraham Lincoln crew has been up to in helping the tsunami survivors and relief effort.

http://www.navy.mil/view_photos.asp?page=1&sort_type=0&sort_row=1

and if you want someone to vent rage or disgust at, this is the right guy for you. this joker decided he'd become a deserter because he didn't want to help fight the war in Iraq, and his damn ship is one of the ones in Sri Lanka now saving lives and helping the relief effort in other ways.

http://www.swiftsmartveterans.com/

Good luck and Godspeed, my friend! The people of the world often forget that the US military provides aid and comfort as often as they wreak havoc (probably more!). My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I know you personally will represent teh United States of America well.

Best wishes to you, NATO. I hope this deployment is your best ever. We greatly appreciate your service in the US Navy.

Take care, {{{Nato}}}.. Come back as soon as you can. :)

Forum List

Back