Italy unearths large Iraq arms deal

One documentary that is banned in the US is named "the panama deception". Another is called Conspiracy of silence (this one is about pedophelia and some of the higher levels it reached in the US). There is a BBC documentary about Bush and the stealing of the election that is also banned.

Mad max and texas chainsaw massacre arent banned here, you can even rent em in your local video store.

Our continued presence hinges on a lie to cover our war of aggression and while it may convenient for you to just want to sweep that under the carpet, it dosent mean that it can be.

I dont have a crystal ball, when the US leaves there are various possibilities on what would happen. I am doubtful that bloodshed would cease, but they can get on towards self-determination and build their nation as they want to and whatever struggle that entails is theirs. There is no justification for denying such rights of self determination to the Iraqi people.

But I would guess that the US contracts would dry up and the Iraqis wouldnt choose them to rebuild nor pay them what they currently get. The oil be would nationalized again as well. Of course those are the reasons we wont say fuck it, we are there to rape and pillage and we arent leaving Iraq til we have installed ourselves in position to keep the rape and pillage going.

It seems to be the new way to justify wars and invasions...hide it under the pretense of "humanitarian aid". Invasions, bombings and occupations are not humanitarian aid. First we create the mess and THEN use that same mess as an excuse to stay.

Rape and pillage
omg--:rofl:

One documentary that is banned in the US is named "the panama deception". Another is called Conspiracy of silence (this one is about pedophelia and some of the higher levels it reached in the US). There is a BBC documentary about Bush and the stealing of the election that is also banned.

I don't believe these are banned in the US. In fact, legally, I can't imagine how they could be.

Both "The Panama Deception" and "Conspiracy of Silence" are available on Amazon. In fact, I believe "The Panama Deception" won an academy award. The US has its faults, but generally speaking, free speech is one of its strengths.

I don't believe these are banned in the US. In fact, legally, I can't imagine how they could be.

Both "The Panama Deception" and "Conspiracy of Silence" are available on Amazon. In fact, I believe "The Panama Deception" won an academy award. The US has its faults, but generally speaking, free speech is one of its strengths.

"The Panama Deception" was banned in Panama for a while, and "Conspiracy of Silence" was "banned" from the Discovery Channel, but that isn't quite the same as being banned from owning or viewing in the US.

"The Panama Deception" was banned in Panama for a while, and "Conspiracy of Silence" was "banned" from the Discovery Channel, but that isn't quite the same as being banned from owning or viewing in the US.

Don't confuse the mentally deficient with facts, it just confuses them.

Don't confuse the mentally deficient with facts, it just confuses them.

I try to correct mis-statements wherever I may find them, including my own on occasion. I find Ruby to be very articulate and thoughtful, even when I disagree with her. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about you. Sorry.

Articulate ? Thoughtful ? :rofl:

I am assuming that the "rape and pillage" quote is to Ruby's posting #60 (please let me know if I am wrong). If so, the "rape and pillage" obviously (I think) refers to vested economic and business interests that she believes the US government/business has in Iraq, and which are a primary factor in our remaining there. I don't know that I agree with that, but she isn't the only person to hold that view, it isn't a nutjob view, and if you continue to get so hung up on the words that you refuse to acknowledge her more nuanced position, you are not doing yourself any service.

Of course, if the quote was to another posting, or if you feel I have misconstrued Ruby underlying argument (with respect to those words), please let me know.

I am assuming that the "rape and pillage" quote is to Ruby's posting #60 (please let me know if I am wrong). If so, the "rape and pillage" obviously (I think) refers to vested economic and business interests that she believes the US government/business has in Iraq, and which are a primary factor in our remaining there. I don't know that I agree with that, but she isn't the only person to hold that view, it isn't a nutjob view, and if you continue to get so hung up on the words that you refuse to acknowledge her more nuanced position, you are not doing yourself any service.

Of course, if the quote was to another posting, or if you feel I have misconstrued Ruby underlying argument (with respect to those words), please let me know.

Ruby has stated that our military has murdered and continues to murder Iraqis. That if we leave there is no reason believe things will get worse. Hardly main line talking points. Even the Liberal democrats admit that if we leave it WILL get drasticly worst.

Ruby has stated that our military has murdered and continues to murder Iraqis. That if we leave there is no reason believe things will get worse. Hardly main line talking points. Even the Liberal democrats admit that if we leave it WILL get drasticly worst.

Well, I personally believe that things will get worse if we leave (although I think that this is probably inevitable even if we stay longer), but just because I disagree with her doesn't mean that she doesn't post in and interesting and articulate manner. My guess is that I would disagree with Ruby a fair amount, but I also disagree with GunnyL quite a bit. Nontheless, I find both of the them to be intelligent posters.

Anyway, we have gotten far off topic.

Both of those documentaries I had tried to obtain in the US (some years ago though) and was informed they were banned and none of the places I tried to get them from could give reason. Possibly that has changed, I sure hope so!

Thanks for corrections and information, always welcomed :):)

I do encourage people to see the Panama Deception, very enlightening.

Articulate ? Thoughtful ? :rofl:

And the economic policies the US have installed in Iraq are nothing more than rape and pillage. The missing Iraqi oil money, the contractors receiving so much Iraqi money and US tax money and yet the projects are going no where.

Its rape and pillage and its not surprising to me that you dont have an actual rebuttal to this.

As far as what happens when we leave, its all a guess since its future predictions. It is quite possible it will get worse before it gets better, but at least they can take the steps to make it better. It wont get better with the US there, its only gotten worse and worse.

Everything is worse since the US invaded and has continued on a downward deterioration since. All infrastructure is worse, violence is worse, deaths from violence are all up, less attendance at school, economy in shambles, security it worse, health situation is worse, health care is worse....we havent made ANYTHING better for the Iraqi people and they want us out.

Forum List

Back