Italy proposes stripping mainstream medias public funding

How the fuck would we "cut" something we don't do in the first place?

If anything we do the opposite. Are you even aware that Big TV and Big Radio get their spots on the broadcast dial ---- rent free?

That's the airwaves owned by We the People. Free. Then they start milking billions from ads for trucks and deodorant and all kinds of shit you don't need. Free.

How'd you like your town to give you a storefront to sell whatever you want, rent-free?

I have a new-found respect for Italians. That whole Benito Mussolini thing and those crappy spaghetti westerns are all forgiven. :biggrin:

If anything we do the opposite. Are you even aware that Big TV and Big Radio get their spots on the broadcast dial ---- rent free?

That's the airwaves owned by We the People. Free. Then they start milking billions from ads for trucks and deodorant and all kinds of shit you don't need. Free.

How'd you like your town to give you a storefront to sell whatever you want, rent-free?

Two posters marked this "funny" yet have no refutation for it.

Which is what I expected.

Glad you have no issue eliminating public funding to PBS and NPR.

That's because you are "funny". I don't mean like "ha ha" funny, just "weird" funny.

Read the thread title: "Mainstream media". PBS/NPR are anything but.

PBS and NPR get little public funding anyway. Way too little. If they were funded the way advanced countries do, such as Japan with NHK, such as Canada with CBC, they might be closer to it. But our mainstream media is entirely commercial, which is exactly why it's a cesspool.

Now, if you'd care to go ahead and eliminate commercial funding for the cesspool ---- requiring them to then actually provide the public service their licenses require --- that'd be great.

Last edited:

That's because you are "funny". I don't mean like "ha ha" funny, just "weird" funny.

That's because given revelations of which you had no clue, your response is to post fucking Clint Eastwood movies.

Meanwhile the OP that it was directed to ---- ran away.

I have a new-found respect for Italians. That whole Benito Mussolini thing and those crappy spaghetti westerns are all forgiven. :biggrin:
Hey now you've gone too far! Clint was awesome!

Of course the Eastwood movies were awesome. But how much more awesome would they have been if Hollywood hadn't outsourced them the the Italians? Even though, Sergio Leone was a master of the cinematic arts, I will have to agree.

Maybe I put my foot in my mouth. :laughing0301:

PBS and NPR get little public funding anyway. Way too little. If they were funded the way advanced countries do, such as Japan with NHK, such as Canada with CBC, they might be closer to it. But our mainstream media is entirely commercial, which is exactly why it's a cesspool.

Thank you for the validation.. We've been saying the mainstream media (CNN in particular) is a cesspool for years.

Thank you for the validation.. We've been saying the mainstream media (CNN in particular) is a cesspool for years.

And like everything else in commercial media it's funded by advertising. Which means whoring themselves out to run snippets of commercials to persuade you to buy shit you don't need, which in turn is why it's a vast wasteland of lowest common denominator bullshit. ZERO of which is "publicly funded".

Hey now you've gone too far! Clint was awesome!

One thing that struck me as funny about most of the Eastwood spaghetti westerns, were the guns. They were carrying cartridges on their belts but they were using replica Colt 1851 Navy and Remington 1858 black powder revolvers complete with the percussion nipples on the cylinders.

But then I've always been quick to notice nipples in any movie. :laughing0301:

And like everything else in commercial media it's funded by advertising. Which means whoring themselves out to run snippets of commercials to persuade you to buy shit you don't need, which in turn is why it's a vast wasteland of lowest common denominator bullshit. ZERO of which is "publicly funded".

I hate to break it to you bubba, but everything is commercially-funded by someone or something?

How do you think Bernie Sanders got as much support as he did? And don't say "By thousands of small donations", because that's crap.

There was big money behind his campaign, money coming from foreign individuals who in all seriousness, don't have the best interests of this country at heart. Same thing with that Alexandria Ocasio-Ortiz, the latest "Great White Hope" of the left, as well as those orchestrated protests that have happened the last two years.

And all this time you though it was some miraculous organically-grown "grass roots" movement or something.

:laughing0301:

I hate to break it to you bubba, but everything is commercially-funded by someone or something?

How do you think Bernie Sanders got as much support as he did? And don't say "By thousands of small donations", because that's crap.

There was big money behind his campaign, money coming from foreign individuals who in all seriousness, don't have the best interests of this country at heart. Same thing with that Alexandria Ocasio-Ortiz, the latest "Great White Hope" of the left, as well as those orchestrated protests that have happened the last two years.

And all this time you though it was some miraculous organically-grown "grass roots" movement or something.

That's not "commercial funding" Dumbass.

"Commercial" means COMMERCE. It means you're SELLING something.

Holy shit what are you even doing here?

Of course it's "commercial". What do you think Obama's GM bailout and "Green Energy" scam was all about? Payback to those entities who helped get him elected, at the expense of the US taxpayers.

GM and failed energy companies like Solyndra stood to make alot of money thanks to Obama's election.

Of course it's "commercial". What do you think Obama's GM bailout and "Green Energy" scam was all about? Payback to those entities who helped get him elected, at the expense of the US taxpayers.

GM and failed energy companies like Solyndra stood to make alot of money thanks to Obama's election.

You're completely lost here dood. I don't know if this is just a lame attempt to deflect the topic away or what but you're completely lost in space.

You're completely lost here dood. I don't know if this is just a lame attempt to deflect the topic away or what but you're completely lost in space.

I expected as much from you. Obviously the concept that you leftists are no less beholden to your corporate overlords than we are, is far beyond your comprehension.

Carry on then.

Forum List

Back