Italy Convicts "US Agents"

The Italians are not ballsy enough to arrest our CIA agents using Interpol or otherwise.

We take Sovereignty seriously, too, and they know damn well we'd litearlly piss on them if they fuck with us like that. If not under this pansy administration, as soon as we get a real government back in power.

Have you seen what passes for political theater in that country? If they do it, and they very well may pursue this avenue, they'll do it with a coke and a smile.

The Italian government is in a very precarious position on the domestic front. They've supported US policies at the expense of a population that doesn't want to go down that road. We're talking about one of the major industrialized nations and a player on the European continent.

Bullshit.

They change their entire government like U.S. librul Democratics change their minds on "firm commitments."

They would NEVER fuck with folks who might bitch slap them.

Bitch slap them how? A boycott? They're also a major component of NATO, as in a significant portion of NATO special forces personnel are drawn from Italy. They have a good relationship with the US, in terms of organized crime investigations, military cooperation, trade and investments.

In terms of their government, which is somewhat different than ours, they have have a parliamentary system. So yeah, it borders on ridiculous.

Berlusconi has fallen out of favor with certain interests in the United States. The Italians, as well as the Germans, have a good relationship with the Russian Federation. Berlusconi has helped facilitate oil and gas deals for ENI worth billions. People in certain circles, especially people in foreign policy, aren't too happy about this.

Either way, I don't see what the big deal is. You don't go around engaging in rendition in a country which is one of your allies. It's a slap in face. I don't see Italian agents running around Manhattan or Chicago snatching Camorra or 'Ndrangheta members off the streets, even though 90% of them are Italian nationals. YMMV.

Last edited:
Edgie. Edgie. Edgie. When I respond to a post of yours which has been directed at me, you silly twit, that is NOT the same as me claiming that "this is all about me."

You really DO rely on a lot of lying to make your irrational pointless posts. Tsk tsk.

If the CIA has a "good case" against a terrorist suspect, it is silly to seek to have the Italian government "arrest" the guy as though what we are talking about is some mere criminal matter.

That kind of hapless "thinking" is pure Clinton. It is bullshit.

Your mere opinion is your opinion, no matter how often you state and restate it; and that's of no major concern to me. You are wrong. When we are dealing with scumbag terrorist suspects, we are not dealing with "criminal" suspects and the utility of employing the methodology of some international criminal justice protocols is therefore completely beside the point.

I realize that you will never fathom any of this. That's ok, too.

maybe i will respond later to your "points", for now just this: i responded to your post, but took the liberty to expand, i thought you could follow, but you decided go joe wilson on me. very clever. and all this umbrage taking after what you posted to me, a short term memory like a fly who slams into a window, huh?

You took a liberty to "expand" nothing, as is established by your utterly vapid collection of posts in this thread. Your would-be quips are as random and meaningless as any I've ever seen on any message board. If even you know what the fuck you're trying to say ("going joe wilson") it would be a remarkable achievement. Seriously, lad, you are embarrassing yourself big time here.

Umbrage? :lol::lol::lol:

When you've got nothing (which in your case is pretty much all of the time, obviously) and flail about like that, it is beyond pathetic. Yeah. It does cause some additional belly-laughs at your expense, but no matter. You must be used to the sound of people laughing derisively AT you by now. This is your life. :lol:

Hurry back and spew some German at us. That's always helpful. :lol::lol:

du lebst in einer sehr speziellen fantasiewelt, mein guter.

going joe wilson, you need a translation for that too?

damn, you are slow.

Italy convicts 'U.S. agents' in CIA kidnap trial - CNN.com

ROME, Italy (CNN) -- Two dozen Americans -- most thought to work for the CIA -- were sentenced to five years in prison Wednesday by an Italian court for their role in the seizing of a suspected terrorist off the streets of Milan in 2003, Italian media reported.
They did not appear for trial and are not in custody, but the ruling could effectively make them international fugitives.
The trial was the first to deal with a practice that human rights groups call "extraordinary rendition," and they say the United States has often sent suspects to countries that practice torture.
Washington acknowledges making secret "rendition" transfers of terrorism suspects between countries but denies using torture or handing suspects over to countries that do.
The case centered on the extraordinary rendition of a Muslim cleric, Osama Mustafa Hassan Nasr, or Abu Omar. <more>

As much as I don't agree with it I have to admit that it is their country and if they decide to convict people for abducting their citizens then that is their right. On the other hand, it is our right to revoke any special privalages that italian citizens get in this country and I think we should start revoking them immediatly.

:confused:

What special privileges are you referring to?

Bullshit.

They change their entire government like U.S. librul Democratics change their minds on "firm commitments."

They would NEVER fuck with folks who might bitch slap them.

I think you're seriously underestimating how far many of the European countries are willing to take things.

Tell you what, Liability. Let us know when one of the major Bushies (Rice, Ashcroft, Gonzlez, Rumsfeld, etc) goes to Europe the next time. Do you really think are people our invulnerable from European arrests? You are truly stupid, if you really think the Italians won't kidnap the convicted if they take into their heads to do so. The Ey-ties are not the least bit afraid of u. And this country's leadership would not permit the CIA to interfere.

Last edited:
Although I do think that the CIA did go beyond their call to duty in these situation, and may have committed crimes in other nations---

I AM FOR IGNORING ITALY,
how about you?​

Robert Lady, the former CIA station chief in Milano, had his retirement villa confiscated, to cover court costs. This happened around two years ago. From I can tell, he's considered a fugitive by the Italian government. They went to make an arrest, but he already had skipped town.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back