Italians were always white in the United States

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
I came across this docu about white people. And at one point they also mention the common narrative that back in the old days italians were not white in USA. Also you can read often on forums that italians were not always white in history. Im sure thats wrong. italians are at the heart of western european civilisation, italians are the most prominent western european ethnicity, they created what it means to be western starting from roman empire to renaissance and fascism etc. Italians are core white group. I always had feeling it is a wrong information.

Well it is complicated. The simplest version of things is that you literally have two Italy's, the north and the south.
The south was invaded by and partially conquered by Africans. During this time they obviously interbred (raped) with the local populous. So, in the southern part of the country you have a much higher representation of African genes. Thus terms like "guinnea ******".
During the latter half of the 19th and the 20th centuries you had large numbers of Southern Italians emigrating to the US. The US, at that time was populated largely by Western European peoples who rightly saw (IMO) the Southern Italians as non-whites. Now, what constitutes a 'White Person' is subjective but to many they were not white due to the fact that many of their forefathers were African.

I came across this docu about white people. And at one point they also mention the common narrative that back in the old days italians were not white in USA. Also you can read often on forums that italians were not always white in history. Im sure thats wrong. italians are at the heart of western european civilisation, italians are the most prominent western european ethnicity, they created what it means to be western starting from roman empire to renaissance and fascism etc. Italians are core white group. I always had feeling it is a wrong information.

The issue is people will make groups to separate themselves from other groups in order to lord it over the other group and pretend they're superior. However in the US the view of Italians by the white majority has changed, and the Italians become a part of the majority, instead of being a subsection.

It's how racism works, it's all made by people looking for conflict.

The issue is people will make groups to separate themselves from other groups in order to lord it over the other group and pretend they're superior. However in the US the view of Italians by the white majority has changed, and the Italians become a part of the majority, instead of being a subsection.

It's how racism works, it's all made by people looking for conflict.

Yes they have!
best-of-state-trophy-2011.png

WHITE KNIGHT AWARD

You could tell the Italians were making ground in being socially acceptable, they stopped playing Native American Indians in movies..

Well it is complicated. The simplest version of things is that you literally have two Italy's, the north and the south.
The south was invaded by and partially conquered by Africans. During this time they obviously interbred (raped) with the local populous. So, in the southern part of the country you have a much higher representation of African genes. Thus terms like "Guinea N!ggers".
During the latter half of the 19th and start of the 20th century, large numbers of Southern Italians emigrated to the US. The US, at that time was populated largely by Western European, primarily Anglo-Saxon peoples, who rightly saw (IMO) the Southern Italians as non-whites.

Last edited:
Italy is southern European. When they came to the US that was a huge strike against them. They were primarily Roman Catholic and that was another huge strike against them. You could never be white enough and Protestant enough.

History of Italy - Wikipedia
Sicily 's History & Biographies - History of Sicily - Sicilian History, Timeline, Nature, Culture, Society, Mythology. Source of unattributed information on Wikipedia.
European Y-DNA haplogroups frequencies by country

My family is from the Abruzzo region (Pescaro, Chieta, and L'Aquila) and the Latium region.

There is a good mix as far as skin tone.

Even though I'm not white, I agree with this. Everybody knows what white is. Italians are white, Irish are white, etc. etc. You are white if you are wholly of European descent, or have limited admixture.

To try to divide whites, and say this or that group wasn't white, is a Jewish tactic, and try to get white people to accept other groups, such as non white Hispanics, as being white.

Even though I'm not white, I agree with this. Everybody knows what white is. Italians are white, Irish are white, etc. etc. You are white if you are wholly of European descent, or have limited admixture.

To try to divide whites, and say this or that group wasn't white, is a Jewish tactic, and try to get white people to accept other groups, such as non white Hispanics, as being white.

Hmmmm........so you don't like the Jews, eh?

Forum List

Back