Italian Stuffed Pork Loin

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
I made this tonight...yummy:

1 pork loin (I dont know if I had one or two...it looked like one, but when I opened it, I actually had two...I don't know if one was cut in half, or if they actually packaged two of them. I treated them as two)
two Italian sausages, taken out of the skin (or 1/2 lb of bulk Italian sausage)
bread
pecans
green onions
fresh spinach
parmesan cheese
milk
salt
pepper
1clove of garlic
Italian seasoning

Crumble and cook sausage on the stove.
chop pecans (I used about 1/2 C)
Chop green onions (I used 2)
Cube 3 slices of bread
Chop 1 handful of fresh spinach leaves (after rinsing and patting dry)

Put the browned sausage, pecans, onions, bread, and spinach leaves in a bowl. Add 1/3 C of grated parmesan. Pour about 1/3 C of milk in to moisten bread. Toss everything together, with chopped garlic clove and a liberal dose of Italian seasoning (or lots of basil and oregano).

Butterfly the pork loins so they look like big flat pieces of meat, pretty much one thickness. Spoon the stuffing over the cut side of the pork. Roll up, starting with the wider end. Place in pan and stuff the rest of the stuffing in the ends if you can.

Bake at 350-400 until done. If you overcook it it will get tough; I didn't cover mine but I think probably basting it with butter would be a good idea, and then possibly covering it with tin foil and maybe even pouring a little water in, to keep it from drying on the outside. Still, mine were really good. the stuffing is INCREDIBLE.

Anyway, let it rest before slicing and serving.

good stuff, maynard.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back