"IT"....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
...saw it last night.
Not getting all the high praise and reviews.
Underwhelming, formulaic and not very immersive.
I didn't mind Pennywise...the movie didn't have good flow, campy at times and just missed the mark.

Pennywise had great makeup but he tended to mumble
He lacked the flamboyance and humor of Tim Curry's clown

I thought the movie was OK but was expecting something much better

I thought it was good, it actually had a relevant message for the world we live in.

We live in a world where innocents are targeted and killed randomly quite often (Islamic terror attacks) and yet the masses do nothing about it, they just go on pretending nothing is wrong (progressives). Yet when the few band together they can easily defeat the threat. So, you can either choose to recognize the threat and deal with it, or mill around waiting to be slaughtered.

I thought it was good, it actually had a relevant message for the world we live in.

We live in a world where innocents are targeted and killed randomly quite often (Islamic terror attacks) and yet the masses do nothing about it, they just go on pretending nothing is wrong (progressives). Yet when the few band together they can easily defeat the threat. So, you can either choose to recognize the threat and deal with it, or mill around waiting to be slaughtered.
That's just about what 99% of all horror movies are about...

That's just about what 99% of all horror movies are about...

Not really, they usually don’t have most people blatantly ignoring the threat.

The editing WAS bad, we noticed the kids just appearing places with no explanation

The more I think about this movie the less I like it

The editing WAS bad, we noticed the kids just appearing places with no explanation

The more I think about this movie the less I like it

The first movie made more sense. Being made for TV it lacked some grit, but even with that it was considerably better put together.

...saw it last night.
I didn't mind Pennywise...the movie didn't have good flow, campy at times and just missed the mark.

No...it wasn't a good movie.

...saw it last night.

Are you serious? It was awesome. Scary, great child actors and a much more plausible ending.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

...saw it last night.

Are you serious? It was awesome. Scary, great child actors and a much more plausible ending.

I am serious, I think I said earlier in this thread somewhere...that the chubby kid stole the show. This kid can act, the girl also did well. All of the other kids...not so much. Especially the kid from Stranger Things (main kid wearing thick glasses)..he was awful.
Compare their acting to say the kids in "Stand by Me"....not even on the same planet.

...saw it last night.

I am serious, I think I said earlier in this thread somewhere...that the chubby kid stole the show. This kid can act, the girl also did well. All of the other kids...not so much. Especially the kid from Stranger Things (main kid wearing thick glasses)..he was awful.
Compare their acting to say the kids in "Stand by Me"....not even on the same planet.

Serious the stranger things kid was hilarious. I think we watched different movies.

Take the book, stick it in a blender...and whatever piece flies out, stick it in the movie.

It SUCKED.

Forum List

Back