It

part of the absolute terror of the first one...was the terror of the adults when they are called back
Right. I suppose they will get into that in the sequel.

And they don't even go into the origins and true nature of It in this movie. They don't have the smoke lodge bit at all.

I read the book 30 years ago. As I remember King went to great lengths to explain the backstory and each main character

But the basic story is not that difficult. A killer clown menacing the children of Derry and a group of losers team up to kill it

I thought the TV movie was OK with Tim Curry amazing as Pennywise. But the rest of the acting was subpar

Looking forward to seeing the movie

I wish The Long Walk would be made into a movie. That is one of my favorites he has ever done.

Though it was a short story, I always enjoyed "The Long Walk:. Also "The Fog"

Some of his best movies came from his short stories with "The Body" becoming "Stand by me"
and "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption"

have yall seen the dude that dresses his 3 yr old brother like pennywise....the first photos were cute the one in the fucking water was a wee bit much

have yall seen the dude that dresses his 3 yr old brother like pennywise....the first photos were cute the one in the fucking water was a wee bit much

He got a lot of negative responses. I suggest he dress him up as Lector next. In the mask, strapped to the handtruck. :laugh:

I wish The Long Walk would be made into a movie. That is one of my favorites he has ever done.
People unfamiliar with that story would assume it was a ripoff of The Hunger Games.

Personally, I'd like to see a remake of The Stand. That's my favorite King novel.

I'd like to see remakes of nothing. There's a lot of literature out there.

I understand DUNE is up for a third try in 33 years.

Would love someone to tackle "The Mote in God's Eye".

The Mote in God's Eye is brilliant. I read the book as a teen and did the book in tape when I drove to Arizona several years ago.

I don't see any mention of a part 2
Anyone who has read the book can clearly see there has to be one.

Just found this: 'It' Movie Sequel Plans Move Forward at New Line

okayyyy

they just decided on a script for a possible sequel 4 days ago....
It was obvious there had to be one.

I surmised just from the previews months ago there had to be two movies since the trailers had only kids in them.

People unfamiliar with that story would assume it was a ripoff of The Hunger Games.

Personally, I'd like to see a remake of The Stand. That's my favorite King novel.

I'd like to see remakes of nothing. There's a lot of literature out there.

I understand DUNE is up for a third try in 33 years.

Would love someone to tackle "The Mote in God's Eye".

The Mote in God's Eye is brilliant. I read the book as a teen and did the book in tape when I drove to Arizona several years ago.

Someone out there could make a serious ass-kick film out of it, but the studios are not given to taking chances these days, They like pieces with proven formulas.

the TV movie was one of the very few steven king teleplays or theater movies that stayed true to the book. & tim curry was excellent as pennywise.

If they made a movie true to Stephen King's book, it would be 12 or 14 hours long.

As it is, they are obviously going to have to make a sequel to the one currently in the theaters.

The book takes place during two timelines; the 1950s and the 1980s. It jumps back and forth in the lives of the same characters as children and as adults as they battle the supernatural force they call It.

This movie only follows the characters as children, and it has changed the children's timeline to the 1980s, which makes it obvious the adult character timeline will take place in the present day (2016-ish) when the sequel comes out.

Even if you just stuck to the children's battle with It in the book, it would take a 6 hour movie to cover all the ground. To slice and dice this down to a 2 hour movie required a tremendous amount of detail and storyline to be ignorned.

If you have read the book, these details are glaringly absent and take a lot away from it.

But what bothered me the most about this movie is the horrible editing. This movie had some of the worst editing I have ever seen. I don't know how anyone who has not read the book would be able to follow along what was happening on screen.

For instance, in one scene the kids are climbing down an old well. Suddenly, there is just one kid from the group, alone, in an entirely different location, with no explanation how he got there and what is going on.

The editing is so horrible botched I don't think there is going to be lot of word of mouth momentum.

Those of us who went to see it this weekend were the people who read the book and who have been eagerly anticipating this remake. And sad to say, it was very disappointing.

This is certainly the requirement of a screenplay as opposed to a book, every scene has to be the bare minimum to carry the movie forward. Movies are generally 30-40 3-4 minute scenes so you have to put punch in each scene as opposed to a book which can have a lot of 'description' in it. Many books are passed over as stories viable for a screenplay for this reason. Or as you note the book is whittled down to an absolute skeleton of the story with just the most dramatic bits kept in. Hollywood receives about 100,000 screenplays a year and they make maybe 300 mainstream movies. Economy of words is required.

I haven't read the book and have not seen the first It movie so I'll have to go in cold!

Went and saw it last night. Totally different but good.
Entire movie was about them as children. There HAS to be a part two for the adults. They even did a blood pact to come back at the end of it.
The clown didnt have shit on Tim Curry.

Went and saw it last night. Totally different but good.
Entire movie was about them as children. There HAS to be a part two for the adults. They even did a blood pact to come back at the end of it.
The clown didnt have shit on Tim Curry.

that makes sense to have a part 2 since both the tv movie & book ended with them being grown & coming back to take care of IT.

I think The Stand might be too much material for what studios would be willing to make. I think it is probably easier to cut down a horror story like It than a drama like The Stand. Maybe it could work as a trilogy....

I think The Stand might be too much material for what studios would be willing to make. I think it is probably easier to cut down a horror story like It than a drama like The Stand. Maybe it could work as a trilogy....

i remember the stand on tv movie with 2 or 3 parts. that was my favorite book.

The 1979 "Salem's Lot" TV version was two parts.

Pretty good adaptation, except they turned Mr. Barlow into a large bipedal rat.

& king's own tv version of the shining was better than the damn movie..... that was multi parted.

i'm going to see IT today.

saw it today and it sucked....didnt care for it at all..the first one scared a whole generation and made them afraid of clowns..this one makes you sad for the clown/shark hybrid

saw it today and it sucked....didnt care for it at all..the first one scared a whole generation and made them afraid of clowns..this one makes you sad for the clown/shark hybrid
I just saw it a couple hours ago...

It was OK.......Horror was more jump out and go Booga Booga

Pennywise makeup was scary......but he lacked the wit and humor of Tim Curry

Kids were OK. Bev was sexy and provocative the kids were also older than in the TV version

Forum List

Back