It

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
If they made a movie true to Stephen King's book, it would be 12 or 14 hours long.

As it is, they are obviously going to have to make a sequel to the one currently in the theaters.

The book takes place during two timelines; the 1950s and the 1980s. It jumps back and forth in the lives of the same characters as children and as adults as they battle the supernatural force they call It.

This movie only follows the characters as children, and it has changed the children's timeline to the 1980s, which makes it obvious the adult character timeline will take place in the present day (2016-ish) when the sequel comes out.

Even if you just stuck to the children's battle with It in the book, it would take a 6 hour movie to cover all the ground. To slice and dice this down to a 2 hour movie required a tremendous amount of detail and storyline to be ignorned.

If you have read the book, these details are glaringly absent and take a lot away from it.

But what bothered me the most about this movie is the horrible editing. This movie had some of the worst editing I have ever seen. I don't know how anyone who has not read the book would be able to follow along what was happening on screen.

For instance, in one scene the kids are climbing down an old well. Suddenly, there is just one kid from the group, alone, in an entirely different location, with no explanation how he got there and what is going on.

The editing is so horrible botched I don't think there is going to be lot of word of mouth momentum.

Those of us who went to see it this weekend were the people who read the book and who have been eagerly anticipating this remake. And sad to say, it was very disappointing.

Last edited:
It has great reviews for a horror movie.
I cant wait to watch it.

It has great reviews for a horror movie.
I cant wait to watch it.
The parts that are supposed to be scary are pretty well done. I guess people who have not read the book won't know what they are missing.

part of the absolute terror of the first one...was the terror of the adults when they are called back
Right. I suppose they will get into that in the sequel.

And they don't even go into the origins and true nature of It in this movie. They don't have the smoke lodge bit at all.

Hopefully they left the gang bang part of the book out of the movie.

o no will....there will never be a sequel to the most successful opening weekend. of a horror movie...not gonna happen
bones, the character portraying IT doesn't have it listed on IMDB for at least the next 3 (very busy) years

I wish The Long Walk would be made into a movie. That is one of my favorites he has ever done.

I wish The Long Walk would be made into a movie. That is one of my favorites he has ever done.
People unfamiliar with that story would assume it was a ripoff of The Hunger Games.

Personally, I'd like to see a remake of The Stand. That's my favorite King novel.

It made nearly $200 million worldwide in its opening weekend. It must have something.

Film adaptations almost never are the equal of the source material.

People unfamiliar with that story would assume it was a ripoff of The Hunger Games.

Personally, I'd like to see a remake of The Stand. That's my favorite King novel.

I'd like to see remakes of nothing. There's a lot of literature out there.

I understand DUNE is up for a third try in 33 years.

Would love someone to tackle "The Mote in God's Eye".

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Forum List

Back